A little bit of foolishness

A little bit of foolishness

Marv
Marv

November 28th, 2006, 1:30 pm #1

A few years back, at some big event in Houstin Texas there was a long line at the Ladies room and none at the Men's so one gal could not wait so she went into the men and ended getting arrested and a big fine, I think about $350.00. OK the other day I was cleaning up a mess an I come across a sign I would guess come from a men's room some place, just the form of a man no writing OK If that gal had a lawyer could he make a point that that sign ment you have to wear pants to enter

Nat

November 28th, 2006, 2:23 pm #2

Yes, a valid point. I do not like the current trend of replacing word-signs with symbols but it's being done everywhere- road signs- labels on car and electronic equipment controls, etc. Very often I simply can't figure out what these symbols mean. It was much easier back when signs and labels just said what they meant in words.

natconest
natconest

November 28th, 2006, 4:06 pm #3

It would appear that the more simple we try to make things, the more complicated they become. I personally think it would be better to educate the illiterate population so they can read the signs than to try to simplify everything to a point of a pre-schooler.

Nat

November 28th, 2006, 5:40 pm #4

I'm sure it's all a part of "globalization" where we are suppose to stop using our English language and cater to foreigners.

Bob
Bob

November 29th, 2006, 12:50 am #5

A few years back, at some big event in Houstin Texas there was a long line at the Ladies room and none at the Men's so one gal could not wait so she went into the men and ended getting arrested and a big fine, I think about $350.00. OK the other day I was cleaning up a mess an I come across a sign I would guess come from a men's room some place, just the form of a man no writing OK If that gal had a lawyer could he make a point that that sign ment you have to wear pants to enter
I think there are so many languages spoken in any given country that using pictographs avoids having to post in multiple languages and/or offending someone whose own language is not among those represented. I think "reasonable accomodation" is OK . . . but I also think its hurts individuals and society if there are two many languages being spoken and if there is not one common language that people in a society use. Language can bring people together, and it can keep them apart.

Nat

November 29th, 2006, 1:33 am #6

Yes call me a old-fogey bigot but I really hate all this multi-lingoism. Everywhere I go now I see Spanish. I pick up a box of ceral in the gocery store and half the writing on it is non-english. A typical instruction book now has four or five languages in it. It's getting so I have to work just to find print that I can understand- and then when I do it's so small I can't read it! I'm beginning to feel like an outsider in my own country! It didn't use to be this way! This country managed two hundreds years without all this mutli-lingoism and I don't know why we have to have it now!

Marv
Marv

November 29th, 2006, 4:31 am #7

I believe one reason for that is when some one make a T V for exanple it is made in some country that porbly don't even have a T V station then it is shiped world wide, not that makes me feel any better when I pick op a cell phone manual that is 50 pages and I can only read 10, labor is too high to make T V here in the U.S. and cars are headed the same way SAD

November 29th, 2006, 1:46 pm #8

Yes call me a old-fogey bigot but I really hate all this multi-lingoism. Everywhere I go now I see Spanish. I pick up a box of ceral in the gocery store and half the writing on it is non-english. A typical instruction book now has four or five languages in it. It's getting so I have to work just to find print that I can understand- and then when I do it's so small I can't read it! I'm beginning to feel like an outsider in my own country! It didn't use to be this way! This country managed two hundreds years without all this mutli-lingoism and I don't know why we have to have it now!
I can more easily understand the multilingual instruct books due to the import and export of products. It is the the requiring of a second language here in the US that gets me.

Nat

November 29th, 2006, 3:17 pm #9

Well, there has been importing and exporting long before all this multi-language packaging and instruction books stuff started. The manufacturer just used different packaging and literature depending on what country the product was going to. I think all this Multilanguage thing started with NAFTA. It may even be a requirement of NAFTA. There is a lot of secret agreements being made in regard to selling out US sovereignty to globalists. When I fist heard about this move to one-world government a few years ago I thought it was hokum dreamed up by some crackpots- but after observing what’s been happening since I’m not so sure they aren’t right.

Read this- http://andrewbnoselli.blogspot.com/2006 ... build.html

Bob
Bob

November 29th, 2006, 6:30 pm #10

You and me both