Nat

June 6th, 2006, 1:17 pm #1

Well today is 06/06/06- ie- 6-6-6.

Some people think this is dooms day.

But that's really 12/21/12.

SHADOW
SHADOW

June 6th, 2006, 4:49 pm #2

I know, my oldest was worried about it. She said it wasn't her that believed it was bad, but she didn't trust anyone else not to be freaky and weird about it.

I don't know about doom, but a couple of strange things did happen to me this morning that might be considered negative. My riding buddy got to our start point and couldn't ride with me because his carbon fiber seat post broke. (mine is carbon too, don't know if I believe them when they say it is super strong, good thing I am light) So he turned back and I rode alone....where I encountered a road construction crew who had just oiled the road. I tried to stay out of it, but when I got home I discovered that it is everywhere. Now I have to wash my bike in solvant to get it clean. Yuck! And this all before nine this morning!

What's next?

But no one ran over me! That is a good sign, isn't it?

SHADOW
SHADOW

June 6th, 2006, 5:43 pm #3

Things can be good or bad. It just depends on how you look at it.

The bad news: I found that the oil I mentioned above went all the way up my back. So now the yellow and black jersey I was wearing has a bunch of little polka dots.

The good news: Last week I was looking at a pair of pretty red Castelli bike shorts that had made the clearence rack finally. Regularly priced they are about $150, and on clearence they were knocked down to $50, which is really good. But I couldn't spend even that much that week, no matter how good a deal it was. Here is the good part...if I had baught them, I'd have been wearing them today. They would have been ruined. They are safe on the clearence rack still! The shorts I was wearing today...black!

Nat

June 6th, 2006, 6:30 pm #4

I know, my oldest was worried about it. She said it wasn't her that believed it was bad, but she didn't trust anyone else not to be freaky and weird about it.

I don't know about doom, but a couple of strange things did happen to me this morning that might be considered negative. My riding buddy got to our start point and couldn't ride with me because his carbon fiber seat post broke. (mine is carbon too, don't know if I believe them when they say it is super strong, good thing I am light) So he turned back and I rode alone....where I encountered a road construction crew who had just oiled the road. I tried to stay out of it, but when I got home I discovered that it is everywhere. Now I have to wash my bike in solvant to get it clean. Yuck! And this all before nine this morning!

What's next?

But no one ran over me! That is a good sign, isn't it?
Well I've had a few annoyances- like going to the store and finding I left my credit card in my other pants, but hey I can do stupid things like that any day! I don't think anything "super natural" is going to happen today- because it's not really 6-6-6- it's 6-6-2006. Besides that, our calendar is entirely an arbitrary thing and has no unearthly significance- other than I suppose some terrorist group could choose today just for the symbolism. But it didn't stop me from going about my business. I'm not exactly in a high-target area anyway.

SHADOW
SHADOW

June 6th, 2006, 7:02 pm #5

All the weird things that happen today can happen anyday. I haven't felt the earth shake. No one has tried to put a mark on me, on purpose that is, I don't think the oil counts. I haven't seen anything weird flying around stinging nor has the moon turned to blood. And you are right about the date. Too many numbers in it.

peter
peter

June 7th, 2006, 12:14 am #6

Well today is 06/06/06- ie- 6-6-6.

Some people think this is dooms day.

But that's really 12/21/12.
So...Did anyone take the opportuniy to be really Bad?
Boy howdy I did...

Nat

June 7th, 2006, 1:10 am #7

You were bad today? What did you do?

peter
peter

June 7th, 2006, 10:32 am #8

Lets just say that my fine diplomatic skills were left on the road side (which is a first)in dealing with a PIA home builder. It resulted in a lighter work load as well as a weight from my shoulders.

Bob
Bob

June 7th, 2006, 11:56 pm #9

You were bad today? What did you do?
It had nothing to do with the date . . . but I took the opportunity to engage in mutual groping with a nurse at work. After all the crap I have taken there, I deserved a moment of pleasure. I hope its not an isolated event!

peter
peter

June 8th, 2006, 12:25 am #10

I'd say .....thats pretty good being mutual and all.