Marseil

July 16th, 2012, 4:33 pm #2

Indeed, we are all getting older....

Marseil

Bob
Bob

July 16th, 2012, 5:50 pm #3

. . . . .
I think the worst comparisons, then and now, involve celebrities . . people who started out better looking than most, and then the decline seems all the worse.

Class reunions are another place that makes an impression -- people you knew as teenagers and haven't seen in years until you meet again at age 50. Whoa!

Marv
Marv

July 18th, 2012, 1:27 am #4

Talk about class reunions, I'm going to atend my 55th next week. Can' believe I went to school with them old people HA HA. At lest four of them has passed away

Bob
Bob

July 18th, 2012, 1:24 pm #5

The girls and guys that were considered most attractive in high school are often the ones who get chunky in middle age. The girls with the hour glass figures, nice legs, big boobs, etc. . . things slump by the time they reach 40's and later. They seem to pick up weight easily as they age. The buff, muscled, athletic guys -- same way. They tend to pack on the weight and often look fat in middle age. Meanwhile, those of us who were chided in high school for being "twigs", "98 lbs. weaklings", "flat-chested", etc. . . we tend to age much better. Putting on some weight and filling out helps us. Small boobs/chests/stomachs tend to sag less. And the guys that had full heads of hair that were the envy of thin-haired guys like me are often (not always) bald or balding by 50. I think the CONTRAST can be the most impactful: you don't think much when a "lesser" specimen ages, but when the beauty queen or adonis guy starts wrinkling, sagging, greying, plumping . . . people exclaim, "Wow, what happened to him/her? They used to be so hot!" Which gives me a bit of satisfaction, I'll admit.