Diana's dampa mount

Diana's dampa mount

Lawrence
Lawrence

June 29th, 2012, 3:35 pm #1

Has anybody any knowledge if the "diana dampa mount" reduces the heavy recoil of a stock D48 springer to damage a scope. since its german tech, and they been going for 120yrs i think they should know something?

June 29th, 2012, 4:36 pm #2

And they say that Dampa mount is a must for 48, 52 & 54/56.
All Diana scopes have 2 years warranty if used with Dampa mount.

RedFeather
RedFeather

June 29th, 2012, 10:08 pm #3

Has anybody any knowledge if the "diana dampa mount" reduces the heavy recoil of a stock D48 springer to damage a scope. since its german tech, and they been going for 120yrs i think they should know something?
I thought that was from Theoben. I've got one someplace (still haven't scoped the 54 yet). Will have to look at the box.

Assuming the mount is by Theoben, you can rest assured that it will dampen severe recoil. I would still put a quality scope in it, though, and never one which is not air gun rated. The downside of this mount, and I am only going by a few posts I have seen related to this, is that the rubber isolation bits might wear out or compress over time, making the scope shift zero.

June 30th, 2012, 3:08 pm #4

http://www.benaglioattacchi.it/

Dampa mounts was a Theoben design, actually are manufactured by Sportsmacth.
The above link show an alternative shock absorbing mount manufactured in Italy. Here in Italy are popular for Dianas.

regards

Stefano

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 30th, 2012, 3:55 pm #5

The diana dampa mount is on there website, there is also a lock down mount with built in elevation i wonder how is it compared to the UTG barrel droop comp. mount on pyramid air... there elevation is diffrent.......?

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 30th, 2012, 4:29 pm #6

That shock absorbing mount looks good!intresting design,the price is quite heavy 100 euro!I wonder what the diana dampa mount cost?

RedFeather
RedFeather

June 30th, 2012, 10:14 pm #7

Just about as dear.

Teo
Teo

July 1st, 2012, 4:04 pm #8

And they say that Dampa mount is a must for 48, 52 & 54/56.
All Diana scopes have 2 years warranty if used with Dampa mount.
I bought two Diana scopes some time ago for my big springers, and they soon failed to hold the zero. Actually, they are chinese !. The only not-expensive scopes that worked fine for my big HW and Dianas are the Leapers and Hawkees.

Teo

July 1st, 2012, 5:10 pm #9

Now I am using Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 rim fire scope with success on my 54.

July 5th, 2012, 9:43 pm #10

Just about as dear.
They're a bit cheeper here in the UK

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/mo ... be-mounts-(11mm-38-dovetails)-sportmatch-1-mounts/smdm60-sportsmatch-1-piece-double-screw-1-dampa-mount-50mm-[dm60].html

I think that works out at $65 new.

I bought one to put a Bushnell 10 X 40 on my Diana 54 --- maybe overkill at 12ftlbs ?

All the best Mick