Baska scopes?

Baska scopes?

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 3rd, 2012, 9:40 am #1

Im buying a dampa mount for my magnum springer, and am wondering which scope to put on for FT, in the 3-9x40 - 4-12x44 range, it seems leapers, hawke(more pricy)is the answer, what about Barska, any news on them?

July 3rd, 2012, 1:04 pm #2

I was not impressed with the clarity of the 4-12. I found it dark. The Hawke Panorama is much, much better.

Happy Canuck

July 3rd, 2012, 9:17 pm #3

Im buying a dampa mount for my magnum springer, and am wondering which scope to put on for FT, in the 3-9x40 - 4-12x44 range, it seems leapers, hawke(more pricy)is the answer, what about Barska, any news on them?
The Hawke Panorama is pretty precise with its etched glass reticle. And its tough. Seems like a good choice to me. If you don't like it, or get tired of airgunning, resale will be good too.

July 4th, 2012, 6:14 pm #4

which is the max mag allowed for HUNTER CLASS FT is pretty minimal (not very accurate) for range finding past 30 yards, however a scope set at 9x has such a deep depth of field that it's pretty useless for range finding at any but very close distances. Matter of fact, for "normal class" FT it's generally considered that 24x is the minimum power for relatively accurate range finding.

Concerning Barska scopes......a couple years ago I bought a 4-12x40 with AO and was pretty "un-impressed" with the scope. I was especially disheartened when I found that the point of impact at the cross hair would shift simply by focusing the AO between 20 and 40 yards while shooting at 30 yards. I don't know if this is common with Barska since I never had this issue with any other scope, however the scope that was used for less than a dozen shots doing the above mentioned test was returned for refund.