350 Vs 460 Power Could someone answer a technical question please

April 10th, 2009, 3:25 pm #51

rested groups with a de-tuned scoped 460.

Barry.g
Barry.g

April 10th, 2009, 4:06 pm #52

Larry I am a very average shot but I can get in a inch at about 30 yards, about the same as my TX the 460 is heavy with my 3x9x40 Nikko Stirling cheapy but the weight adds to the accuracy.
I like open sights so I have shaped the front post.
Barry.

April 12th, 2009, 9:03 pm #53

Warren, what the heck is the deal with the all caps and the "I know who you are! stuff? (I hope you don't know where I live) I never said anything about a holy grail. I never shot a 48 and maybe it is more accurate than the 460,maybe it isn't. I really don't give a crap. Besides, aren't you the one always quoting "70% shooter, 30% gun??"
Lighten up Warren, It's just pellet guns we are talking about and not your dog.
Damn,you scare me sometimes.

dave
Dave:

if you are afraid: just buy yourself a dog to protect yourself

you never shoot a 48 but compare the 460 to be the best of the best???? compared to what???

I do not care where you live, I do not care what you shoot, I do not care about what you think of me

and if you do not "give a CRAP" why should I!!!!

warren

PS: take care Dave, enjoy life (and, YES, they are only pellet air guns) children's air guns and you are still a CHILD

and remember "it's 30% the gun and 70% the shooter"

April 12th, 2009, 10:09 pm #54

Yes, Warren I am just a child at heart. Best of all, I do enjoy life. Already have a dog, a little PeekaPoo. I guess I was comparing the RWS Diana to a Chinese Bam. And most of all I agree with ya Warren, they are nothing but children's guns and I love being a child again! Sure beats being a "grumpy old Man". Bam,Bam Bam! ha ha. Sure hope none of us kids get caught playing on your grass today, Bam Bam! Hope ya feel better tomorrow.

Dave

Franklin P. Jones:

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.

Barry.g
Barry.g

April 13th, 2009, 9:08 am #55

We can be bias if we have a favorite gun and there is nothing wrong with that, but the facts look like this, the 48/54 has been a time proven powerful gun for a long time with only a few small faults but has a 15mm shorter stroke than the 350/460 so I think that out of the box straight shooters have it about right if the 460 has a OK lock up spring, they are about the same power.

But I think that the 460 has not been around long enough for tuners and people like Chris to experiment with to find out if it is the most powerful Diana as it has a diffrent spring capacity and transfer port to the 350, but this is for fun only as as 90% of shooters will find all three guns about the same power just diffrent to shoot.

But how many conventional under leavers can match the 48/54/350?
Barry.