Why Such a Delinquent?

Why Such a Delinquent?

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 24th, 2007, 10:53 am #1

What happened to her that turned her into such a drug abusing delinquent?

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 25th, 2007, 12:59 am #2

When I knew her (Pre-1976) she was totally pro-marijuana and had been smoking it since Jr. High and Paul was the major influence there. They drew marijuana leaves on their notebooks and wore pro marijuana tees. (I hope her mother never shows here and sees that she smoked cigarettes and dope!) Their dad did not object, in fact he let Anissa and Paul share his beer and provided cigarettes.

Their mom was a different story and she tried to battle with them over pot, and staying out late and not going to school, it goes on and on! But they were both out of control with her and they had wars! I mean real wars! I think that alone Anissa was not that strong, and Paul was not that strong, when it came to their mom that is; but both of them together were like a different entity altogether! Mrs. Jones would never admit it, but Paul got abusive with her.

Early on Anissa's fame could get her friends out of trouble when it came to petty crimes. The police, store managers, and owners did them no good by letting them go! And both Anissa and Paul were shocked when the authorities had enough and locked them up! I guess they thought they could get away with it forever! Anissa wasn't confrontational, she was shy (at first,) but she was passive aggressive and if she didn't want to do something she was manipulative enough to get her way, eventually and always! (She was way too good at lying!)

Mr. Keith was a real force and he did not want Anissa to stray and his will was enough to shake the earth! (We were all ga-ga over him!) Anissa respected what he had to say, but she rebelled quietly in his case by telling him what he wanted to hear, and doing what she wanted when he wasn't around. That was a lesson they shouldn't have learned, one of many!

It's not easy when you’re going through something, to step back and see that everything is going downhill! She wanted to get her GED; she wanted to go to college somewhere down the road! She wanted to remain close to her mom and make up with her, but she also wanted to play around with boys and dope and dust and parties and finally pills and coke! And she thought she could handle it, but just because you want to be a big girl doesn't make you one! Oh man did I have that problem too!

She had been sick in '76 real sick (mixing drugs and booze,) but she didn't get the scare that her small frame needed! And friends and her brother got her through it. And she left her old friends in the dust.

We thought everything was so cool back then! The Eagles with drug messages in the music, the friends that liked partying to so much excess, the girls that liked the freedom of the streets, the money and the limitless availability of anything you wanted! The missing elements were responsibility to others and especially to yourself, and the lesson was fatal to both Anissa and Paul.

-Sandy

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 25th, 2007, 2:01 am #3

Thank you Sandy. That was eloquent.

It sounds like the bottom line is that no one was able to or didn't try hard enough to keep Anissa and Paul in line. And when you're getting mixed messages from Mom and Dad that makes things all the more confusing as to right vs. wrong.

So, was Brian aware somewhat of what was going on with Anissa. You make it sound as though he tried to intervene or advise her. What years did this take place? Was she using (alcohol or drugs) during the show?

Also, I noticed that someone disagreed with you about Anissa's hair being bleached during the show. ???

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 26th, 2007, 12:42 am #4

The only bad behavior that Mr. Keith heard about Anissa was what Mrs. Jones told him. And Anissa could throw quite a fit to keep her mom from telling him anything!

He was a 'Shake them from the heavens' kind of guy and when he walked in a room - you got it, even if it was on general principle! I think he was a drill instructor or something!

Anissa said once that he was all show and that he was acting and really he was just soft on the inside - so he got known as ding dong, which was better than some other names he had going around! (I was just terrified of him, and I think he knew it because he growled at us!)

That was during the show years.

She was right though because when Anissa really got in trouble, he was just so kind and caring, not at all like she feared he might act!

But he traveled and had a place in Hawaii, so he missed out on much of Anissa's life after family affair. We didn't see him much at all.

Her hair had some damage from over bleaching, if they don't believe me that's ok! But look at her pictures in 1972 and 3. You can even see the problems she had with her hair into her 17th year on the internet photos. She also lived at the beach and in Sun Soaked Southern Cal. (By '76 Disco was big, everyone wanted Farrah hair or Donna Summer's hair, and L.A. girls are all blonde and perfect and beautiful. So we tried to copy them and spent long hours in front of a mirror frying our hair with curling irons and over spraying it to keep it nice. The result was crispy damaged hair and hers (and mine) was particularly hard hit!) So she was not fond of her hair and people that knew her heard over and over again about how she wanted to cut it all off. She always wanted to be someone else.

I talk too much; really this is cheap therapy for me! And I shouldn't ramble! Thanks for putting up with it.

-Sandy

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 26th, 2007, 7:08 am #5

So you are THE sandy. Paul's Sandy that is

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 26th, 2007, 3:09 pm #6

No. I thought I was Paul's Sandy, but I was wrong.I was just one of many. But it took me years to get strong.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 26th, 2007, 10:42 pm #7

I think I know you, did you have a little brother and used to live over where they made the golf course and finally moved with your folks to West Covina? If you are the girl I'm thinking of you'll know the story about the hat!

The Rene of Rene Donna and Lisa fame!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 27th, 2007, 7:37 pm #8

That's me! I still have the 'Lancer' hat, but would rather not make the story public! I do remember you! Contact me through clasmates (I'm registered at Paseo, Orville and Westchester.) Don't post any email info or personal stuff here!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 29th, 2007, 7:38 pm #9

So you are THE sandy. Paul's Sandy that is
Allen Koven used to be my neighbor, his wife's name is Sandy! Is that you???

In fact here is the link for their picture, 22 (more or less) pannels down is a recent (2000) picture of Allen and Sandy: http://www.koven.net/

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 30th, 2007, 4:00 am #10

I went on that web site and ALLEN is not the man. His name is Dave. Could be a different family all together.
Also with some of the nuts on the web you should not post pictures of people's kids like that on this board.
Some Buffy lover with a doll or a gun will show up at their house and some thing bad could happen.
When it is the wrong family all together.
Please be careful.
These nuts have shown up at other people's homes and work. This is not Allen and is not safe.

Confirmation of reply: