Why do you people...?

Why do you people...?

Me
Me

April 14th, 2012, 3:06 am #1

I did not know Anissa Jones, I was born way after she had passed away, I'm just a fan, but why are there so many people here who fight and cause pointless, petty drama? Especially considering a lot of you knew Anissa which would make you over 50 years old, why do you all fight like you're in jr. high still? The so-called "high school cliques" and fights certain people got into with other people about or concerning Anissa so long ago shouldn't matter anymore. It's okay to still feel hurt over her death, the pain doesn't go away when you lose someone you love, but why fight ONLINE especially of all places?! I assume you all have children of your own, maybe even grandchildren, why are you acting so immaturely like this?

new york fan
new york fan

April 14th, 2012, 4:41 am #2

you sound really young and as naive as i was when i was young. it was only when i was over 30 that i finally came to realize that high school, for most people, never ends.

from birth to about our teens, mother nature does bless most of us with greater and greater insight; the knowledge of an eighteen year old is much greater and deeper than an eight year old's. but there comes a time where nature has done all she can for us in terms of wisdom, we're on our own, and the rest is up to us. unfortunately, the gathering of greater and deeper wisdom and maturity requires alot of pain, i mean ALOT of pain, alot of introspection, alot of seeing all the ugly spiritual warts, and spiritual flaws inside us. even then, after making painful mistakes and awful blunders, there's no gaurantee at all, that a person will have the light bulb go on in their heads and say to themselves, "i have to learn from my mistakes, i need to gather wisdom from my errors!", or that they even know they've made mistakes! many people will pass blissfully through their whole lives never knowing nor acknowledging their blunders! and they will blindly and blissfully keep repeating them!

i kept repeating many of my same mistakes, over and over again. only when the pain of my repeated blunders became too great, did i become aware i needed wisdom. but by myself i would have been lost, i woudn't have been able to discover greater wisdom with my limited intelligence. thank God for the great novelists and philosophers of the past! Seneca said if you're lucky, it takes a lifetime just to learn how to live. so what to do? you either learn from your mistakes, if you have enough insight, courage, and intelligence, or you learn from the mistakes and intelligence of others. you turn to the great writers of the past, like Seneca, George Eliot, Epictetus, Cicero, Plutarch, Lord Chesterfield, Baltasar Gracian, Marcus Aurelius, the short stories of Somerset Maugham, Schopenhauer, Jane Austen, Shakespeare; you go to the great wisdom writers of the past, who were here before you and had greater intelligence and insight than you. and you try and learn from them as best you can -- HOW TO LIVE! which is why when i hear anyone condemn my beloved and dear Anissa(or even her mother Paula, for i've never heard a word of how Paula was raised), for being responsible for their fate; i sigh a long sigh, and smile a long smile of stoic detachment, and think to myself, how effortless, how unsearching, how unwondering, how complacent, a thing to say.

if you're as young as i suspect you are, remember these words, be prepared for the reat of your life to meet many 30, and 40, and 50, and 60, and 70, and 80, year olds, who have always remained, in many, many ways -- 18!

Me
Me

April 16th, 2012, 3:06 am #3

hhaha yeah. I am pretty young. I'm 22. I'm just wondering why some people on here have fought so much in the past, considering the board goes back to 2006 or so. From what it sounds, Anissa had a rough family life, so I am glad she is at peace with her mom, dad and brother now.

new york fan
new york fan

April 16th, 2012, 4:01 am #4

i never met nor knew Anissa. but her death was an incredible thing, it was beyond belief. this was 1976, there had been the untimely and drug overdose deaths of janis joplin, jim morrison, and jimi hendrix, but they were all 27 years old when they died, and it wasn't any secret that they lived hard rocking, and hard rolling lives, heavy drug use was synonimous with their lives.

the death of Anissa from a drug overdose was very different, extremely different, nothing like her death had ever happened before, this was the little girl that all of America adored. she had dissapeared after "family affair", five years passed and no one knew what had become of her. back then there was no way of finding out what happened to that adorable little girl who was so loved by all of us. there was no internet, there was no Entertainment Tonight, there was no Access Hollywood, there was no Cable TV, it was a different time. and then one day, like a nuclear explosion, it was reported that Anissa Jones, the actress who had played "Buffy" on "Family Affair", had died of a drug overdose in a California beachhouse. and you could not find any other information about her. from 1976 til now, you could not find any information about Anissa. Anissa and her death was a haunting memory.

young celebrities now die from drug overdoses often enough, but no eighteen year old little girl as beloved as Anissa was, ever died that way, back then. she was the first. you have to understand, drug addiction and drug abuse, was a new thing, it started slowly in the 1950s, exploded in the late 1960s, only became somewhat common in the 1970s. drugs were not always a part of American culture.

personally, i suspect, that there is so much fighting going on here, over Anissa's death, because so many people feel guilty. There are some, her druggie friends in the last months of her life, who want to wash away their guilt. there are others who simply wish they could have saved her.

Anissa was tiny, and she was a girl, and she was so young, and she was so pretty. who woudn't feel terrotorial and proprietary about her?

new york fan
new york fan

April 16th, 2012, 4:23 am #5

what all the acrimony amounts to is that Anissa should never have died the way she died. there were ten million fans who would have done all in their power to save her, if they had known her suffering and predicament at the time. it's ironic and tragic that she hated her fame and the love of her fans, because her fans in middle america would have saved her. her garbage friends on the beaches of southern california, killed her.

Lorraine from Northern California
Lorraine from Northern California

April 17th, 2012, 8:30 pm #6

i never met nor knew Anissa. but her death was an incredible thing, it was beyond belief. this was 1976, there had been the untimely and drug overdose deaths of janis joplin, jim morrison, and jimi hendrix, but they were all 27 years old when they died, and it wasn't any secret that they lived hard rocking, and hard rolling lives, heavy drug use was synonimous with their lives.

the death of Anissa from a drug overdose was very different, extremely different, nothing like her death had ever happened before, this was the little girl that all of America adored. she had dissapeared after "family affair", five years passed and no one knew what had become of her. back then there was no way of finding out what happened to that adorable little girl who was so loved by all of us. there was no internet, there was no Entertainment Tonight, there was no Access Hollywood, there was no Cable TV, it was a different time. and then one day, like a nuclear explosion, it was reported that Anissa Jones, the actress who had played "Buffy" on "Family Affair", had died of a drug overdose in a California beachhouse. and you could not find any other information about her. from 1976 til now, you could not find any information about Anissa. Anissa and her death was a haunting memory.

young celebrities now die from drug overdoses often enough, but no eighteen year old little girl as beloved as Anissa was, ever died that way, back then. she was the first. you have to understand, drug addiction and drug abuse, was a new thing, it started slowly in the 1950s, exploded in the late 1960s, only became somewhat common in the 1970s. drugs were not always a part of American culture.

personally, i suspect, that there is so much fighting going on here, over Anissa's death, because so many people feel guilty. There are some, her druggie friends in the last months of her life, who want to wash away their guilt. there are others who simply wish they could have saved her.

Anissa was tiny, and she was a girl, and she was so young, and she was so pretty. who woudn't feel terrotorial and proprietary about her?
Very well said....
I was born in 1960's so I can relate to that.

Lorraine-

noneya fukinbizniz
noneya fukinbizniz

April 29th, 2012, 5:23 pm #7

I did not know Anissa Jones, I was born way after she had passed away, I'm just a fan, but why are there so many people here who fight and cause pointless, petty drama? Especially considering a lot of you knew Anissa which would make you over 50 years old, why do you all fight like you're in jr. high still? The so-called "high school cliques" and fights certain people got into with other people about or concerning Anissa so long ago shouldn't matter anymore. It's okay to still feel hurt over her death, the pain doesn't go away when you lose someone you love, but why fight ONLINE especially of all places?! I assume you all have children of your own, maybe even grandchildren, why are you acting so immaturely like this?
They need to get a life.The world is better off without that druggy piece of crap anissa jones.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 30th, 2012, 12:40 am #8

you are a low life piece of crap yourself. cowardly fool.

new york fan
new york fan

April 30th, 2012, 1:30 am #9

They need to get a life.The world is better off without that druggy piece of crap anissa jones.
thank you for posting. you're keeping anissa's memory alive. thank you.

lovers and haters, let us keep anissa's memory alive. don't let her be forgotten!

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 30th, 2012, 4:06 am #10

you are losing the post, nyf. noneya is a maggot. should have it's ip blocked. stop defending the indefensible. get a grip.

Confirmation of reply: