whitney houston gone

whitney houston gone

new york fan(fernando)
new york fan(fernando)

February 12th, 2012, 3:58 am #1

whitney houston gone because of drugs. another one gone down the vortex. makes me raise my eyebrows when ive read that anissa should have known better, done better; "after all i did better, i was lifting weights, jogging, and eating wheaties at 18, anissa could have been too.", aha, right.

kinda like a high school math wiz, saying, i dont get it, why dont the other students understand calculus like i do? or michael jordan attributting his great talent to relentless hard work. really? how many hundreds if not thousands of aspiring basketball players work themselves relentlessly, never to come close to michael jordans virtuosity? and then michael jordan, surprise, surprise, tries baseball, and fails miserably. could it be that virtues, and maybe vices, stengths and weaknesses, can not be easily transported or translated.

1st gent. - "our deeds are fetters that we forge ourselves."
2nd gent. - "ay, truly: but i think it is the world that brings the iron."

ancient chinese proverb: "it is better to be born lucky than to be born anything else." i was 19 when i first heard that proverb, it took me ten years to understand it. "why?!", i said to myself, "isnt it better to be born highly intelligent, or tall, or rich, or beautiful or handsome?" it didn't occur to me 'til ten years later, that to be born any of those things, maybe to be born at all, is to be lucky.

does free will exist? and if it does to what extent, in a specific time and place, in real time, with all the limitations of human knowledge, with all the limitations in one indiviual human heart, the limitations in indiviual human strength, and indiviual human endurance; where does moral blame lie?

seneca said two things that always stay in my heart, it takes a lifetime just to learn how to live, and no man is ready for wisdom before the age of forty. so where to find wisdom in an 18 year old soul, or even a 48 year old soul? anissa and whitney, respectively.

new york fan
new york fan

February 12th, 2012, 4:43 am #2

there are times when i think of anissa, and my heart aches for her, that i think; stop, why so sentimental, if your heart aches at her death, maybe its because of undue optimism. whos to say anissas death didnt come at the right time, whos to say if she had survived, it woudnt have been another one, two, ten, or twenty, or thirty years of drug addicted grief for her? another dana plato, jeff conaway, michael jackson, or whitney houston?

Karen McWolf
Karen McWolf

February 14th, 2012, 5:00 am #3

not a death that touches me. drug addicted fool, terrible live performer and hiding awfulness behind words about God. fradulent in the extreme. her music was always bad enough to make me leave a supermarket, hideous over-emotiong crap with banal syrupy woefully insincere lyrics. no more new music, no more torture. i'm liking this death more and more.

Chase
Chase

February 14th, 2012, 5:02 am #4

there are times when i think of anissa, and my heart aches for her, that i think; stop, why so sentimental, if your heart aches at her death, maybe its because of undue optimism. whos to say anissas death didnt come at the right time, whos to say if she had survived, it woudnt have been another one, two, ten, or twenty, or thirty years of drug addicted grief for her? another dana plato, jeff conaway, michael jackson, or whitney houston?
In my musings about Anissa, which have taken even me by surprise, I've wondered the same thing. Had she lived, I guarantee neither I nor many of you would share the affection and affinity we currently do. I don't get the warm fuzzies when I think of Eve Plumb or Susan Dey simply because I know them from reruns.

It's sad to say, but the only thing that truly gives life meaning is death.

Chase
Chase

February 14th, 2012, 5:07 am #5

not a death that touches me. drug addicted fool, terrible live performer and hiding awfulness behind words about God. fradulent in the extreme. her music was always bad enough to make me leave a supermarket, hideous over-emotiong crap with banal syrupy woefully insincere lyrics. no more new music, no more torture. i'm liking this death more and more.
"hideous over-emotiong crap with banal syrupy woefully insincere lyrics"

You do realize you're in a forum dedicated to the star of "Family Affair," a show that - while lovable in its nostalgia - is far guiltier of the aforementioned than Whitney Houston?

I think it takes a rare breed of ignorance to "like" any death. Unless that person is sitting at home with her cats and starved for attention. Then it's just a cliche.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Karen McWolf
Karen McWolf

February 14th, 2012, 6:29 am #6

In my musings about Anissa, which have taken even me by surprise, I've wondered the same thing. Had she lived, I guarantee neither I nor many of you would share the affection and affinity we currently do. I don't get the warm fuzzies when I think of Eve Plumb or Susan Dey simply because I know them from reruns.

It's sad to say, but the only thing that truly gives life meaning is death.
I do think Family Affair is a case of good actors trapped in a truly crap show. it is borderline unwatchable and the last season was ludicrous in the extreme. having said that, i'd rather watch Family Affair than listen to a single Whitney Houston song. I'm not partying like I did when Kim Jong Dill and Gaddafi died, but i'll not be shedding a tear either. sorry, don't do crocodile tears. another drastically over-privileged nig-nog who took selfishness and idiocy to the ultimate limit.

Chase
Chase

February 14th, 2012, 7:06 am #7

"I'm not partying like I did when Kim Jong Dill and Gaddafi died"

If you truly partied upon their deaths, I suggest a chess club or other such supplemental social activity. You sound dreadful.

"but i'll not be shedding a tear either."

There's a fine line between shedding a tear and exhibiting a level of basic human dignity and respect. A life was lost. It's not your place or mine to place worth on that life, especially when the details in your possession are on the peripheral and not from direct contact.

"sorry, don't do crocodile tears."

News of your indifference must have Ms. Houston's loved ones groveling in sorrow and discontent.

"another drastically over-privileged nig-nog who took selfishness and idiocy to the ultimate limit."

Let's be honest. You're here because, on one level or another, you have an interest in Anissa Jones. What makes her story any more worthy of sympathy? An unpredictable, inconsistent, sad teenager with newfound money and no obligations at her feet to indulge her every whim. In Anissa's case, it was overcoming a sorrowful, incomplete life by escaping through drugs. Yet you pass judgment on Whitney Houston for doing the same?

I don't really care to defend Whitney, Anissa, or those who mourn either of them. I am equally and respectively saddened by the passing of both. What I find distasteful is that anyone would deem a complete stranger's life a wash without knowing a damned thing about them beyond their faults and flaws, of which we're all guilty on varying levels. More succinctly...who the Hell are you to judge anyone?

At least Whitney Houston made an impact, and an overwhelmingly positive one despite what people like you would claim. How very telling that when you inevitably die, the only thing of note you'll leave behind are your bitter posts here.

Karen McWolf
Karen McWolf

February 14th, 2012, 12:02 pm #8

one level. yeah. I do think Anissa's ouevre is unwatchable - just not my bag. Not into tyrants and dictators either so don't mourn their deaths either. do you think Jews mourned the (faked) death of Hitler? no, they cried tears of joy. When the latest deceased screechathon toured my area in 2010 she was baked to the gills, waaaay out of key, did not finish songs, slurred and mumbled her way through and the audience was furious. The level of anger was matched only by her 1997 performances, and Barry White's last tour - which was also presented by pure uncut bolivian cocaine and mastercard. Only regret is for the next few days, maybe weeks, i'll have to avoid a radio lest I hear those terrible, terrible, terrible songs. need some Daryl Hall or Todd Rundgren to cleanse the palette. real soul, not this processed garbage.

Karen McWolf
Karen McWolf

February 14th, 2012, 12:25 pm #9

do have sympathy for the daughter. she tried hard and i'm sorry her efforts were in vain.

Chase
Chase

February 14th, 2012, 6:34 pm #10

Furthermore, your usage of the word "nig-nog" makes you just as contemptible as Hitler.

Even though your purpose here is solely to shock and offend, any argument you make about Whitney Houston, Adolf Hitler or even Jabba the Hutt is null and void. Racism is an indication solely of stupidity, and you're just as deeply, deeply flawed as the people you judge.

I have no time to quibble with morons. Not that I needed your racist reference to solidify this, but you're far beneath me. So go ahead and attack people who are infinitely more gifted and relevant than you'll ever be. You must live one empty shell of a life to judge people for their errors and the color of skin. You serve no purpose. Now sod off.

Confirmation of reply: