Untitled

Untitled

January 9th, 2010, 3:08 pm #1

I realize that this is off-topic but I watched The Cracker Factory last night. What a wonderful performance she gave in that film. She was so touching, so funny and so powerful as an actress. She still had so much to give as an actress.

January 9th, 2010, 9:00 pm #2

What a nice topic! She was amazing in The Crackor Factory.

January 9th, 2010, 9:33 pm #3

Have you seen it, Jay? Her eyes speak for her in moments without dialog.

January 10th, 2010, 12:01 am #4

Yet, Meteor, another film she made in 1979, was released on DVD, and Cracker Factory is not. I dont understand.

January 10th, 2010, 12:04 am #5

Maybe because The Cracker Factory was a TV movie and Meteor was a feature. The Cracker Factory is one of her finest performances.

January 10th, 2010, 2:06 am #6

I think The Cracker Factory is such a remarkable performance that it took Natalie into a whole new arena. She could play ANYTHING. I liked reading about The Cracker Factory in Goodbye Natalie when Davern's mother told Natalie she cried while watching it in the screening room and Natalie took it as a compliment, meaning she'd done a good job. I hope Natalie was proud of herself for that performance. It was awesome. She CAN act with just her eyes.

January 10th, 2010, 3:26 am #7

A real loss is that because of being married to a stupid insecure actor she turned down the role that would have finally won her the academy. Can you imagine what a Daisy she would have made? Hell F. Scott himself would have wanted her she would have been the most beautiful Daisy Buchanan instead she said no and made some soap opera remake of some movie whose name eludes me with her silly husband.

January 10th, 2010, 1:04 pm #8

Anon, are you referring to The Affair? If so I certainly agree with you. In our family we will watch the great lady in anything but that movie was beneath her enormous talent. On the other hand, it was the right vehicle for Mr. Wagner who always came across as the most wooden star this side of John Boles and George Brent. A handsome face but no depth at all.

January 10th, 2010, 1:42 pm #9

I realize that this is off-topic but I watched The Cracker Factory last night. What a wonderful performance she gave in that film. She was so touching, so funny and so powerful as an actress. She still had so much to give as an actress.
Re: Untitled
Last edited by spindaddydad on January 11th, 2010, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 10th, 2010, 4:09 pm #10

Anon, are you referring to The Affair? If so I certainly agree with you. In our family we will watch the great lady in anything but that movie was beneath her enormous talent. On the other hand, it was the right vehicle for Mr. Wagner who always came across as the most wooden star this side of John Boles and George Brent. A handsome face but no depth at all.
Hi Y, yes that is it, I had forgotten the name and I have never seen it. Shame about no Gatsby isnt it, that was a a haunting movie, she would have been awesome. I guess she really loved Fitzgerald too because she was negotiating with Nancy Milford for the rights to Zelda, that would have been something.

Confirmation of reply: