Two things to reflect upon...

Two things to reflect upon...

December 13th, 2005, 4:39 pm #1

Anissa was reading "The Woman He Loved" about the Duke and Duchess and Windsor in August 1976; it is the great love story of the 20th Century. It was among the few things retrieved from Anissa's apartment after she died, which meant something; Paul said this was the book she was reading in the weeks before her death.
I think that says a lot.

Compare that to what Alan(Butch)said on E! or Kathy Garver said on Extra, that she was totally waisted on drugs and/or suicidal. I have talked to a couple of psychologists, both feel much more must have been going on than people realize.

I agree.

It just doesn't make sense the way they tell it.

I want to remind people about Dr. Moshos, a man whom I personally hold responsible for the death of three kids from Drug Overdoses. One of whom was named Anissa Jones.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 13th, 2005, 11:15 pm #2

Looks like JSG was right, BKO does post here. Cool (was beginning to think he was dead!)

Michael A.
Michael A.

December 14th, 2005, 12:40 am #3

I'm really glad Brian is around too...

Michael A.
Michael A.

December 14th, 2005, 12:42 am #4

Dr. Moshos had a bizzare inconclusive death. Any good ideas, Bri?? Glad that butcher of a doc is long dead though, for the sake of other young lives if nothing else.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 14th, 2005, 1:41 am #5

Anissa was reading "The Woman He Loved" about the Duke and Duchess and Windsor in August 1976; it is the great love story of the 20th Century. It was among the few things retrieved from Anissa's apartment after she died, which meant something; Paul said this was the book she was reading in the weeks before her death.
I think that says a lot.

Compare that to what Alan(Butch)said on E! or Kathy Garver said on Extra, that she was totally waisted on drugs and/or suicidal. I have talked to a couple of psychologists, both feel much more must have been going on than people realize.

I agree.

It just doesn't make sense the way they tell it.

I want to remind people about Dr. Moshos, a man whom I personally hold responsible for the death of three kids from Drug Overdoses. One of whom was named Anissa Jones.
Many of us who knew Anissa, knew she was an old soul that longed for a love relationship of some quality and permanence. We also knew she was unlikely to find it save for her brother Paul, in the crowd she was involved with and that was a constant that she had little control over. In English class she constantly put forth the theme that she wanted to become someone else! Unfortunately re-inventing yourself is difficult at best for an adult and you can easily imagine it was a Herculean task for a young Television actress trying desperately to blend in and grow up before her time. I wouldn’t characterize that as depression, but certainly it was a major contributor with her desire to escape.

She spent much of her time viewing, chasing, reading about and fantasizing over a quality love relationship. Early on as most girls do, she realized boys her age were not as mature as she was and was attracted to much older boys. Unfortunately she was diminutive in stature and she eventually settled on underclassmen. Allan Koven was someone that she had known for sometime and was part of her cult. And as life is, they apparently found each other and she finally enjoyed a depth of emotion with him that she was so desperately searching for.

I can tell you that during that time Butch Koven was lucky to find any female to carry on a relationship with at all, never mind Anissa Jones! I am also sure he was AS interested in a drug relationship with her, as he would have been in a love relationship. And Anissa was NOT stupid! I am sure she figured it and knowing her, probably escaped into her fantasy world with the Edward VIII/Wallis Simpson book. (Although touted as the love affair of the century; closer investigation would reveal that Edward the 8th was much less below the surface! And perhaps the first Monarch of modern times to elicit an assignation plan from MI-5 British Intelligence. Anissa probably never found that out.)

From what I’ve been told though, Jones and Koven DID find something special! Probably in spite of themselves! Life and love happens that way!!!

Anissa was someone that had happiness issues in even the best of times, but I can tell you she was NOT suicidal! That summer was a summer of excess.

My good friend Jeff did gather an awful lot of info on her last days from classmates and people we knew from many years back and an old connection he developed from Del Rey Continuation. The partying was just out of control. But her mood was much more celebratory than depressed. And the drug usage that had become a weekend tradition for all of them, spilled out into a season of excess.

In that crowd many of them did not stop until they literally passed out, that was the only criteria they had for stopping! It was very fortunate, given the access to money that they had, that there weren’t other tragedies as well!

I am glad you finally decided to name the Dr. that was so duplicitous in her death!

Finally, welcome back...

Bobby B'
Bobby B'

December 14th, 2005, 1:42 am #6

I posted before I had a chance to enter my name...

must get sleep...

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 14th, 2005, 2:16 am #7

How come we never knew Koven was called Butch until the classmates? And Bobby, A Friend said you met Koven as an adult. I would enjoy hearing about it! Anyone else note that the classmates are able to fill in alot of the gaps even though sometimes they aren't even aware of the value of the information that they have

Bobby B
Bobby B

December 14th, 2005, 11:19 pm #8

Nothing much to say really, I know this is hard to believe but bear with me. I knew this kid back in High School named Butch but NEVER associated him with Allen Koven, Anissa’s boyfriend.

This year Jeff was e-mailing me and bothering me as usual (just kidding big guy,) and asked me if I saw Allen on the E-TV Anissa episode. (I have never seen it at all.) So then Jeff asked me if I knew him from school, and told me he knew of him but had never had any personal contact with him.

So I told Jeff that I didn’t recall an Allen Koven and he scanned some of his yearbook photos and sent me the pictures. It was quite a shock to realize that I knew him fairly well back in Westchester! Of course to me he was Butch last name long forgotten.

(I had seen him at a Vons on Jefferson a while back and he recognized me and introduced me to his three children. He had changed I am happy to say. Again I did not then realize he was Koven.)

I was in the habit of taking P.E. classes as an elective (Football and Track and Field carried their own P.E. credit,) to try and keep my rapidly expanding frame in good shape and as coordinated as I could get it! Butch was a longhaired kid that used to try scams to get out of participating in P.E.. But trying to be the good Christian that I wanted to be, I tried to become more friend than enemy. (Not sure it worked.)

I was more than absolutely shocked that A.) Any girl would have anything to do with him save for sharing his drugs and B.) That Anissa would become a love interest! (He spent more time than most girls on his hair did not shave his peach fuzz and was not much physically. He smoked hash in the boy’s room so frankly he stank.)

He was part of a group of kids that generally admired effeminate looking thin boys that looked like they we going nowhere in school or in life. That pretty much sums up the boys that Anissa liked though, (or maybe she was just stuck with.)

I will say this though apparently they really had a Love affair for as short a time as it was for them. And at least Anissa took it VERY seriously!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 15th, 2005, 7:10 am #9

Amazing!Thank you for the insight!

Dave Koven
Dave Koven

April 21st, 2006, 2:38 am #10

Nothing much to say really, I know this is hard to believe but bear with me. I knew this kid back in High School named Butch but NEVER associated him with Allen Koven, Anissa’s boyfriend.

This year Jeff was e-mailing me and bothering me as usual (just kidding big guy,) and asked me if I saw Allen on the E-TV Anissa episode. (I have never seen it at all.) So then Jeff asked me if I knew him from school, and told me he knew of him but had never had any personal contact with him.

So I told Jeff that I didn’t recall an Allen Koven and he scanned some of his yearbook photos and sent me the pictures. It was quite a shock to realize that I knew him fairly well back in Westchester! Of course to me he was Butch last name long forgotten.

(I had seen him at a Vons on Jefferson a while back and he recognized me and introduced me to his three children. He had changed I am happy to say. Again I did not then realize he was Koven.)

I was in the habit of taking P.E. classes as an elective (Football and Track and Field carried their own P.E. credit,) to try and keep my rapidly expanding frame in good shape and as coordinated as I could get it! Butch was a longhaired kid that used to try scams to get out of participating in P.E.. But trying to be the good Christian that I wanted to be, I tried to become more friend than enemy. (Not sure it worked.)

I was more than absolutely shocked that A.) Any girl would have anything to do with him save for sharing his drugs and B.) That Anissa would become a love interest! (He spent more time than most girls on his hair did not shave his peach fuzz and was not much physically. He smoked hash in the boy’s room so frankly he stank.)

He was part of a group of kids that generally admired effeminate looking thin boys that looked like they we going nowhere in school or in life. That pretty much sums up the boys that Anissa liked though, (or maybe she was just stuck with.)

I will say this though apparently they really had a Love affair for as short a time as it was for them. And at least Anissa took it VERY seriously!

As a child growing up, I have recollections of the tragedy involving Anissa Jones. It was my older brother Butch who was dating her at the time, who was more than 10 years older than I. I was just a little man. This terrible incident occured just a few days before my 7th birthday, and I remember this was the second year in a row something seemed to happen bad on or around my birthday. Just a year earlier, on my 6th birthday, I burnt the house down on 84th Street in Westchester after lighting some boxes on fire with matches and trying to put them out with my Emergency 51 fire trucks I received at my party.

Anyway, to clear up some confusion, Allan Koven was and still is his name; however, from birth he was nicknamed Butch. It was a family name for him that stuck for the remainder of his life. We had a cousin in the family also named Alan too. It just so happened that Butch seemed to fit him as he grew up to be the bad-boy he became.

In reference to the characterization, it is true in a sense, but nobody knows the entire story, and unfortunately, I do not have a book deal, as it would be a novel. My brother had issues in the earlier part of his life. For him, I know he and all of the other people at that party where that terrible incident occured consider themselves lucky, as it could have been any of them. They were all there as teenagers doing the same exact things, which included drugs, drinking, whatever, etc. Butch was not the ideal teenager; ;however, neither was our sister Heidi, who is 2 years older than Butch and 12 years older than I (also Westchester native), and I too had many problems as well many years later. The Koven kids of Westchester were hell-raisers, and even though our parents were often blamed by other parents, they were good parents and did nothing wrong but provide us with a good home, and provide for us.

The point is in short version is all of us turned it around in our lives. As mentioned, Butch is married with three kids, Heidi is a mother and grandmother now, I am married with four kids, and our parents are still alive in West LA where god-willing, they will celebrate 50 years of marriage next month.

It is hard to believe that the passing of Anissa Jones is going to be 30-years this August.

Regards,
Dave Koven
www.koven.net

Confirmation of reply: