This Forum

This Forum

Mary Owens
Mary Owens

June 12th, 2012, 7:00 pm #1

It annoys me when so many people flock to worship a miserable kid who died from drugs and alcohol 30 odd years ago.I just find this forum nauseating,it's like you want to have some glory from the death of someone I could never even liked when she was alive.
I remember when this forum started ,i would come here and almost every question was about her,almost every user name had something to say praise about her in it with people posting their love for her and even dreaming up weird parades with candles in front of the home where she died.
Personally i wouldn't buy a dvd set of family affair or claim to be a fan of anissa jones once she was dead,I have a small amout of some sympathy for her but not change my overall opinion of Anissa jones.
I was a fan of Family Affair from childhood,liked Anissa a lot when I was 7 and I wouldn't call myself a fan of Family affair today,I just enjoyed a lot of the shows. It doesn't change that fact that anissa jones was a kid alcoholic and drug addict who pretty much hated the world she lived in,I would just feel sympathy for the loss of that life for a clueless and aimless kid who flushed her life down the tiolet.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 12th, 2012, 7:13 pm #2

There is some truth in your post.

Chase
Chase

June 12th, 2012, 8:12 pm #3

It annoys me when so many people flock to worship a miserable kid who died from drugs and alcohol 30 odd years ago.I just find this forum nauseating,it's like you want to have some glory from the death of someone I could never even liked when she was alive.
I remember when this forum started ,i would come here and almost every question was about her,almost every user name had something to say praise about her in it with people posting their love for her and even dreaming up weird parades with candles in front of the home where she died.
Personally i wouldn't buy a dvd set of family affair or claim to be a fan of anissa jones once she was dead,I have a small amout of some sympathy for her but not change my overall opinion of Anissa jones.
I was a fan of Family Affair from childhood,liked Anissa a lot when I was 7 and I wouldn't call myself a fan of Family affair today,I just enjoyed a lot of the shows. It doesn't change that fact that anissa jones was a kid alcoholic and drug addict who pretty much hated the world she lived in,I would just feel sympathy for the loss of that life for a clueless and aimless kid who flushed her life down the tiolet.
So...What's your point? You don't like Family Affair; You don't like Anissa Jones yet in some paragraphs you have sympathy for her and in other paragraphs you don't; This board nauseates you yet you've been perusing it since it started. So why keep reading? Why post?

I covet the free time you must have accrued to regularly monitor a message board regarding a subject about which you're apathetic.

Do you bombard all other facets of discussion online that pertain to people, entities, etc., that you deem "nauseating" for others to discuss? Perhaps you should nurture some hobbies and let us freaks indulge our penchant for discussing this 36-year-old tale. Because you certainly aren't articulate or interesting enough to change the course of discussion in here.

new york fan
new york fan

June 17th, 2012, 4:24 am #4

if this forum annoys and nauseates you then why do you still come here and not only read the posts, but you find it irresistable to post how much you are nauseated by this forum?

i do believe this lady doth protest too much. you sound like a self proclaimed teetotaler who somehow finds her way to the salty dog bar every once in a while, and while downing her double martini says "i really don't like people who drink you know, drinking is a weakness."

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 17th, 2012, 11:51 pm #5

well, it's funny that a gang of paedophiles with a hub in Arizona would complain about being nauseaed.. ignore them fools, eh?

Creta
Creta

June 19th, 2012, 11:21 pm #6

I grew up watching FA in reruns in the 70's. I remember my grandmother saying that Anissa had died of a drug overdose. It shocked me as a kid. Years later like a lot of other people, I was curious about her and her life. I found the Arborwood forum and was surprised at all the drama and fighting and mean-spirited posts. But there was enough real information given by some to form a picture of a girl with a troubled life who made bad choices but who was a good person. Anissa wasn't given the guidance she needed and sadly went down the wrong path. I don't glorify her but I find it strange that someone wouldn't have compassion and empathy for her. If she had had a second chance that Saturday morning long ago, maybe she would have got herself together and moved on from that deadend existance she had fallen into. She didn't get that chance and her life ended at 18. Anyone that harbors ill feelings towards her at this point needs to seek therapy. It seems Anissa's whole circle of friends were troubled young people, many of whom passed away as well. The strange drama of these Anissa forums honestly is what brings me back not glorifying this poor lost girl. I find myself interested in what happened to Helen Hennessey and the runaway girl Melody and the rest of them.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 20th, 2012, 12:42 am #7

Multiple forums, similar drama. Sounds like the problem is the people. And all this time i thought the problem was this forum. Hmmm.

Chase
Chase

June 20th, 2012, 1:00 am #8

I grew up watching FA in reruns in the 70's. I remember my grandmother saying that Anissa had died of a drug overdose. It shocked me as a kid. Years later like a lot of other people, I was curious about her and her life. I found the Arborwood forum and was surprised at all the drama and fighting and mean-spirited posts. But there was enough real information given by some to form a picture of a girl with a troubled life who made bad choices but who was a good person. Anissa wasn't given the guidance she needed and sadly went down the wrong path. I don't glorify her but I find it strange that someone wouldn't have compassion and empathy for her. If she had had a second chance that Saturday morning long ago, maybe she would have got herself together and moved on from that deadend existance she had fallen into. She didn't get that chance and her life ended at 18. Anyone that harbors ill feelings towards her at this point needs to seek therapy. It seems Anissa's whole circle of friends were troubled young people, many of whom passed away as well. The strange drama of these Anissa forums honestly is what brings me back not glorifying this poor lost girl. I find myself interested in what happened to Helen Hennessey and the runaway girl Melody and the rest of them.
Thanks Creta. It's nice, albeit rare, to hear from someone with actual valid input and recollections, whether they were friend, family or stranger to Anissa.

The dwindling remainder of we "regulars" here have been nothing but polite and encouraging to one another without question for why the others visit or post here.

I personally have seen maybe one, possibly two, full episodes of Family Affair. It was admittedly a bit too saccharine for my tastes growing up. As a pop culture nut of the '80s, I remember reading that "Buffy from Family Affair killed herself in 1976." That was my sole bit of knowledge re: FA and Anissa.

Almost a year ago, while researching a subject matter wholly unrelated to Anissa, I stumbled upon her story and was moved. Fascinated. I dropped my other project and immediately began the frustrating quest of researching her final years and those who were a part of them.

It's a depressing, joyless story from which I frequently need to take a break. But whether she was sinner or saint, vile or victim, the factual normative parts of her story intrigue me just as much as what only exists now in conjecture.

And because it's a story that I've been unable to shake for nearly a year, it's a story I want to explore and share without regard for the input of the anonymous naysayers.

new york fan
new york fan

June 21st, 2012, 4:21 am #9

sometimes i feel the greatest empathy, sympathy, and compassion for anissa, and sometimes i feel such anger and sadness when i think about anissa.

i simply don't know to what extent anissa was innocent or guilty of her fate. i wish i knew someone who did. she could have stayed with her drug-free friends but didn't, and when those friends tried to contact her and help her, she shut the door on them. personally, i believe her brother paul was the anchor she coudn't escape. one drug for him, one drug for me; one drug for me, one drug for paul. woudn't have it any other way. paul is the only complete love i know.

if anissa had survived her drug overdose she most certainly would have been facing time in prison. who doubts for a second that frank henessy woudn't have contacted every friend he had to prosecute anissa to the fullest extent of the law? anissa would have faced 6 months to a year in prison, would she have come out stronger or weaker? would her resilience have been diminished or made stronger? and who would be there to wait for her once she came out of prison? her brother paul, paul was the one strongest emotional tie for anissa, and paul, from everything i've read was, an addict to the bone. paul would have dragged anissa down with him, after anissa got out of prison.

i sometimes like to think that anissa had a chance to survive when i'm sentimental. when i think clearly, i think anissa never had a chance. she was doomed from the first drag on a marijuane cigarette given to her by paul. everyone blames paula, but no one thinks of her brother paul's much greater influence on her. personally, i think take away paul and his inherited, incurable addiction, and anissa's undying love for him, and anissa would have had a chance.

you can fight an enemy you hate, how do you resist an enemy you adore.

Confirmation of reply: