The Police Report, for those who didn't know...

The Police Report, for those who didn't know...

JSL
JSL

August 30th, 2006, 2:14 am #1

Police Report: Jones, Mary Anissa, Playa Del Rey Ca.

Date: 8/28/76 Time: 1237 Address of Occurrence: 2312 Littler St. Oceanside CA.

Reporting Officer: R. Graf Badge #162 Oceanside P. D.

Witnesses Listed:

S#1 Steven Calman, Age 16, DOB. 9/28/59 118 ½ Acacia Carlsbad CA.

S#2 Candy McGirr, Age 16, DOB. 5/9/60 1249 Neptune, Leucadia CA. 436-12XX

S#3 Paula Ciardelli, Age 12, DOB. 1/4/64 794 Neptune, Leucadia CA. 753-88XX

S#4 Joe Mark King Mark Statlander, Age 18, DOB. 2/5/58 6445 A Lewis Long Beach CA. 213-428-63XX

S#5 Christopher Andrew Caffes, DOB. 3/21/59 Age 17, 4509 Adams Carlsbad 729-3XXX

S#6 Martin Modiano, Age 21, DOB. 6/9/55 1784 Niobi Ave., Anaheim CA. 533-42XX

S#7 Lisa Ciardelli, Age 17, DOB. 6/28/59 794 Neptune, Leucadia CA. 753-88XX

S#8 Helen Hennessy, 2312 Littler Lane Oceanside CA. 757-5473

Officers Statement (as typed by gfd): Each of these subjects made a written statement as to their involvement with the situation and the reasons for being at this address. It was at this point that Detective Krunglevich and Detective Wagner of this Department arrived on the scene and began their investigation. See their Follow-Up Reports for the results of that investigation.

Shortly thereafter Deputy Coroner Selwyn J. Thomas arrived at the scene and began his investigation. At this point it was learned by this officer that two of the juveniles were there when I arrived at the scene, had left the scene in the victims vehicle. These were s#1, the victims boyfriend, Allen Koven, 17 years old, DOB 3/4/59 7740 Redlands Ave. Playa Del Rey, Ca, 213-821-1182. The second subject Carla xxxxx DOB 3/17/59, age 17, phone #641-8929, 6912 W. 85th St., Westchester Ca. Both of these subjects returned to the scene a short time later. Subject Machado, at this time, made a written statement which is attached with this report. Subject Kovens statements are in the Follow-Up Investigation Report by the Detectives. At this point in the investigation, I was asked to transport subject King to the station, and have subject Koven drive the victims vehicle to the Police Department parking lot. Subjects King and Koven were taken to the Detective Bureau where investigation continued by Dets. Krunglevich and Wagner.

This officer made this report after signing Core receipt #2034 which is attached to this report.

Evidence Taken By This Officer:

#1 Small plastic vial with white cap containing a blue liquid which was reported to this officer as being a possible substance ingested by the victim prior to her demise.
Last edited by spindaddydad on December 12th, 2010, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSL
JSL

August 30th, 2006, 2:19 am #2

We also have had an L.A.P.D. Detective look into the case and he has a report (more or less supporting the official version more Jeff's alternate version.)

I had hoped to post all the reports to the Flextek Website, but have been blocked from doing so yesterday...

I'll try to post everything here, and find a new Public Webite, Sorry for the snafu...

Jerome Scott Larochelle

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 30th, 2006, 2:53 am #3

Witnesses Listed:

S#4 Joe Mark King Mark Statlander, Age 18, DOB. 2/5/58 6445 A Lewis Long Beach CA. 213-428-63XX

S#5 Christopher Andrew Caffes, DOB. 3/21/59 Age 17, 4509 Adams Carlsbad 729-3XXX

Officers Statement (as typed by gfd): Each of these subjects made a written statement as to their involvement with the situation and the reasons for being at this address. It was at this point that Detective Krunglevich and Detective Wagner of this Department arrived on the scene and began their investigation. See their Follow-Up Reports for the results of that investigation.

Shortly thereafter Deputy Coroner Selwyn J. Thomas arrived at the scene and began his investigation. At this point it was learned by this officer that two of the juveniles were there when I arrived at the scene, had left the scene in the victims vehicle. These were s#1, the victims boyfriend, Allen Koven, 17 years old, DOB 3/4/59 7740 Redlands Ave. Playa Del Rey, Ca, 213-821-1182. The second subject Carla xxxxx DOB 3/17/59, age 17, phone #641-8929, 6912 W. 85th St., Westchester Ca. Both of these subjects returned to the scene a short time later. Subject Machado, at this time, made a written statement which is attached with this report. Subject Kovens statements are in the Follow-Up Investigation Report by the Detectives. At this point in the investigation, I was asked to transport subject King to the station, and have subject Koven drive the victims vehicle to the Police Department parking lot. Subjects King and Koven were taken to the Detective Bureau where investigation continued by Dets. Krunglevich and Wagner.

This officer made this report after signing Core receipt #2034 which is attached to this report.

#1 Small plastic vial with white cap containing a blue liquid which was reported to this officer as being a possible substance ingested by the victim prior to her demise.
Who are all these people? Friends of Helen's, or Anissa's, or just party-crashers that wanted to see a dead celebrity? Has anyone been in touch with any of these people?
I thought when Anissa went to bed there were only 4 people present other than her.

A 12 year old was present!

Where did Carla and Allen go (in Anissa's car) after police were called? To trash evidence? To have breakfast? Hmmm.

In my opinion, the police didn't do their job in this investigation. I realize these were kids, but they could've leaned on them a little more to get to the truth of what really happened.

JSL
JSL

August 30th, 2006, 3:48 am #4

The Police Report has the names of those there that morning not the night before. (Only 3 others there when Anissa and Butch Koven arrived at about midnight.)

Yes, the 12 year old was a surprise to me as well but then again all of the 13 year olds were a surprise as well...

We have a second report done just recently, that supports the official Police and Coroner's version. And has some better insight.

The Police did not lean to hard on the minors, I'll leave it for you to decide wether they did the right thing or not...

Jerome Scott Larochelle

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 25th, 2007, 8:20 pm #5

Witnesses Listed:

The question in my mind is why were there so many little kids listed in this report?

I was always under the impression that Helen Hennesey was the sme age or older than Jones and it turns out she was only 14 for God sake!

Was Annissa Jones so irresponsible that6 she did drugs around a bunch of little kids? One listed in the report was only 12.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 25th, 2007, 10:35 pm #6

Paula was 12. Paula and her sister Lisa were friends of Helen who had met Anissa through Belinda when she ws a runaway down in San Diego. They all hung out at Mission beach. I had posted this before. I think that Belina was 13 at the time, either 13 or 14. Anissa was 4ft 11 and weighed 90 pounds she looked much younger than she did.

That group turned out to be poison. Suffice it to say the dynamics were not good. And drugs were not their worst problem.

(By the way, all of those addresses and phone numbers were supposed to have been X-ed out by someone for JSL and then posted. When he got the work by email he didn't check it because it was late and he posted it as is. Boy did he catch hell for that one!)

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 25th, 2007, 10:42 pm #7

You said.....

"Paula was 12. Paula and her sister Lisa were friends of Helen who had met Anissa through Belinda when she ws a runaway down in San Diego. They all hung out at Mission beach. I had posted this before. I think that Belina was 13 at the time, either 13 or 14. Anissa was 4ft 11 and weighed 90 pounds she looked much younger than she did."

Still.....an 18 year old hanging out with 13 and 14 year olds??? That is pretty odd no matter how tall you happen to be.

You said.....
"That group turned out to be poison. Suffice it to say the dynamics were not good. And drugs were not their worst problem."

Other than drugs what problems did they have?

You said....
"(By the way, all of those addresses and phone numbers were supposed to have been X-ed out by someone for JSL and then posted. When he got the work by email he didn't check it because it was late and he posted it as is. Boy did he catch hell for that one!)"

Yes, I noticed that the numbers in the second part of the report had not been xxed out. I'd say though that 30 years later they are all old though.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 25th, 2007, 11:45 pm #8

Modiano was trying to peddle content to everyone from Jan Oxenberg and Jeanne Cordova for future works or distribution thru Sisterhood and Page One (who wouldn't touch it, but made contacts,) to Damiano's people. If your not from L.A. you probably will never understand any of that. If you do keep it to yourself. The players broke into her place and retrieved all but a few that were in private hands or destroyed by ex boyfriends. Larochelle was told, not sure he believed it or maybe he just didn't want to.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 26th, 2007, 12:18 am #9

You Said.....

"Modiano was trying to peddle content to everyone from Jan Oxenberg and Jeanne Cordova for future works or distribution thru Sisterhood and Page One (who wouldn't touch it, but made contacts,) to Damiano's people. If your not from L.A. you probably will never understand any of that. If you do keep it to yourself. The players broke into her place and retrieved all but a few that were in private hands or destroyed by ex boyfriends. Larochelle was told, not sure he believed it or maybe he just didn't want to."

Now I am intrigued. What are you talking about? Please explain further.

M.
M.

May 26th, 2007, 1:13 am #10

Ditto to your question.

<<<Modiano was trying to peddle content to everyone from Jan Oxenberg and Jeanne Cordova for future works or distribution thru Sisterhood and Page One (who wouldn't touch it, but made contacts,) to Damiano's people. If your not from L.A. you probably will never understand any of that.>>>

L.A. is a big place. If these people are so well known, maybe something can be found on them.

<<<The players broke into her place and retrieved all but a few that were in private hands or destroyed by ex boyfriends.>>>

I had heard/read that when Paul and Paula finally went to clean out the apartment that most of Anissa's things were gone. They figured that "friends" had pretty much ransacked the place. I also think (JMO) that since that apartment was party-central and open all hours that there were probably lots of folks with a key who didn't even need to break in.

<<<Larochelle was told, not sure he believed it or maybe he just didn't want to.>>>

Told by who? Someone reliable?

I AM SO CONFUSED!!!

M.

Confirmation of reply: