The funeral

The funeral

May 2nd, 2006, 5:49 pm #1

Do you know who went to the funeral? Was it just close friends and famili or were there many celebrities too?

May 2nd, 2006, 6:27 pm #2

Funeral as in the viewing and all at the funeral home there in Flordia or the ashes scattering at his parents ranch in Flordia? I know a lot of people showed up to the viewing who weren't invited. It was supposed to be close friends and family morners only. As far as the ashes scattering...Im not positive, but I do know friends/family/ and the Chili Pepper guys.

May 2nd, 2006, 10:40 pm #3

im confused about the whole funeral thing- i knew he was cremated, but i read his ashes were kept at the florida ranch, then i read they were scattered there, then i read an interview with joaquin in which he said:

"there were these hysterical girls at the funeral who almost fell into the grave-it was disgusting"

so im not sure about what happened to him.
i know there was a wake at the families micanopy home after the service where the likes of Keanu Reeves and Dan Aykroyd went.

May 3rd, 2006, 12:12 pm #4

I'm not sure about that quote from Joaquin. River was def. cremated and his ashes were scattered under a beautiful oak tree that he loved to sit under and write music. You can see this from the road...it's beautiful...it's like River put some life into this tree. I heard a lot of false so called quotes in magazines. Remember the magazines can print whatever they want - whether or not its true or right. I hate the media.

May 7th, 2006, 6:18 pm #5

Do you know who went to the funeral? Was it just close friends and famili or were there many celebrities too?
John Fuciante was not there... hmmmm i wonder why?

May 7th, 2006, 9:22 pm #6

I'm not sure about that quote from Joaquin. River was def. cremated and his ashes were scattered under a beautiful oak tree that he loved to sit under and write music. You can see this from the road...it's beautiful...it's like River put some life into this tree. I heard a lot of false so called quotes in magazines. Remember the magazines can print whatever they want - whether or not its true or right. I hate the media.
How did you find this out and more importantly, where is this oak tree? It would be nice if there was a place where fans could get together to pay their respects, drop off flowers and mourn.

May 7th, 2006, 10:43 pm #7

John Fuciante was not there... hmmmm i wonder why?

well maybe he wasnt there cos he couldnt handle the fact that his best mate had died and everyone would be there judging, it was rivers occasionn and maybe john didnt want to take the spotlight,as you know funerals are very difficult times and just cos you dont go to someones funeral it doesnt mean you dont love and care for them, i dont know why people insist on blaming john - he may have shared his stash with river but they were best friends and friends share, how do you it was johns drug that killed him , it has been said that river would have been fine if it wasnt for the valium at the end , as look how many people recover from speedball od's,john never died, maybe river shouldnt have done the amount he did

May 8th, 2006, 12:10 am #8

right on lou- i to am sick of John frusciante getting shit from alot of people. it must kill him to even be aware that there is a chance that what he gave river might have been the straw that broke the camels back. and your also right when you say "friends share"- i dont think alot of people look at it from the point of view of river really LIKING drugs- if john had some "good" stuff, river was gonna want to try some...but it was his choice and his alone x

what are your thoughts on this quote?

"everybody dies.....i dont think it's that big of a deal, for instance in River's case i think it was more of a shame that he was born than he died because he didn't like this... life, he didn't like this place and he's in a better place now" - John Frusciante

May 8th, 2006, 2:10 am #9

"everybody dies.....i dont think it's that big of a deal, for instance in River's case i think it was more of a shame that he was born than he died because he didn't like this... life, he didn't like this place and he's in a better place now" - John Frusciante

What a stupid assinine comment!

May 8th, 2006, 3:01 am #10

did john frusciante really say that?? because if he did then thats awful

Confirmation of reply: