Stefanie Power's book

Stefanie Power's book

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 3rd, 2010, 4:47 pm #1

Very classy book. No vulgarity, no tales of her sexual adventures, she spoke well of just about everyone. She did not gush over Robert Wagner though she did speak well of him. She told of how supportive both Natalie and RJ were when Bill Holden died. The book was a great tribute to Holden.
The style of her writing was very different than that of RJ Wagner, much classier, no smut. She did not use four letter words in her remembrances of her life. She expressed grief for William Holden when he passed on whereas in Wagner's book he expressed grief for himself. The contrast is very sharp between true grief for someone you love as opposed to a pity party for yourself.
Not much about Jill in this book, no warm remembrances.
All in all Powers took the high road. I recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Powers and/or William Holden.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 pm #2

That is good. Glad to hear Powers has scruples because RJ sure doesn't.

Callie
Callie

November 4th, 2010, 12:07 pm #3

I read her book. Holden was obviously her great love. She shared the playful side of him. She obviously had no romantic interest in Robert Wagner, not her type at all. I don't think she was attracted to him in the least bit. She would have been bored with him after a relationship with a man like William Holden with whom she had a great deal in common. Too bad he drank so much. He was a great man and a great actor. Sorry for being OT.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 12th, 2010, 3:27 pm #4

I just finished it last night. Boring! No wonder RJ is out there promoting it with her. Maybe they can get her some press from personal appearances together. It is a novelty I guess. I expected a lot more. She has been around a long time but if you remove the Holden, Hart to Hart, Natalie and RJ parts it is a total yawn.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 14th, 2010, 12:51 am #5

Very classy book. No vulgarity, no tales of her sexual adventures, she spoke well of just about everyone. She did not gush over Robert Wagner though she did speak well of him. She told of how supportive both Natalie and RJ were when Bill Holden died. The book was a great tribute to Holden.
The style of her writing was very different than that of RJ Wagner, much classier, no smut. She did not use four letter words in her remembrances of her life. She expressed grief for William Holden when he passed on whereas in Wagner's book he expressed grief for himself. The contrast is very sharp between true grief for someone you love as opposed to a pity party for yourself.
Not much about Jill in this book, no warm remembrances.
All in all Powers took the high road. I recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Powers and/or William Holden.
Does she talk about her lesbian affairs? I heard its an open secret in Hollywood about her for years.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 14th, 2010, 2:45 am #6

No, nothing about her gay life. There were no hint about it. The rumors had begun back in her Columbia days.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 15th, 2010, 8:33 pm #7

Steffie is not one of those! She is a straight gorgeous woman who has a superstar career and loved William Holden and always plays straight women in her acting. Where does this lies come from? Her book is totally awsome but I still think her and Mr. Handsome RJ are still in love and always will be but the timing is off. Hart to Hart is the greatest series on tv ever and they should give it a special Oscar!

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 16th, 2010, 7:23 pm #8

I would take the deletion of the posts that followed the above post as a hint that the REAL Robert Wagner fans are embarrassed by the illiterate chump who has been stirring up trouble on this board in the guise of being a Wagner fan. Take the hint.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 17th, 2010, 1:00 am #9

Did you see that disgusting post about Natalie and RJ? That is so typical of the person. That is why both sides can't stand him. I don't believe in censorship but I'm glad that filth was deleted.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 17th, 2010, 3:55 am #10

Actually the post made perfect sense. Bet ya it wasn't a Wagner fan that had it deleted!

Confirmation of reply: