Standing on Dockweiler and watching the last rays of a perfect So-Cal sunset...

Standing on Dockweiler and watching the last rays of a perfect So-Cal sunset...

Roy O
Roy O

May 11th, 2012, 8:44 pm #1

A pretty young lady observes this pagent as if she's been here before but has only now returned after a long absence. As I watch. The sunset slowly caresses and embraces her. And though the shadows have grown long. I to remember her. As I move closer. Not only am I at a loss for words, but a loss for her. Hence a hallowed walk to rees and through the haunts of the old beach town. Yes, a pretty young blonde lady...hmmm...

Should you see her, give her my love and regards.

Agnes
Agnes

May 12th, 2012, 2:47 am #2

a pompous clown named Roy writes ponderous lethargic balderdah.

Should you see him, throw a shoe at him.

new york fan
new york fan

May 12th, 2012, 4:55 am #3

it's only entropic-daisy chanelling roy orbison, no harm done.

if he starts channeling randy n, then i'll throw both shoes at him!

Roy O
Roy O

May 12th, 2012, 7:16 pm #4

A pretty young lady observes this pagent as if she's been here before but has only now returned after a long absence. As I watch. The sunset slowly caresses and embraces her. And though the shadows have grown long. I to remember her. As I move closer. Not only am I at a loss for words, but a loss for her. Hence a hallowed walk to rees and through the haunts of the old beach town. Yes, a pretty young blonde lady...hmmm...

Should you see her, give her my love and regards.
There's a spiritual plane that leads straight to Anissa. It can ethier be accepted or denied. Reach out to her with a true heart and believe, and you may be surprised.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 12th, 2012, 7:21 pm #5

a pompous clown named Roy writes ponderous lethargic balderdah.

Should you see him, throw a shoe at him.
Agnes?? Where you in drag when you posted this Blake?

Agnes
Agnes

May 12th, 2012, 10:22 pm #6

There's a spiritual plane that leads straight to Anissa. It can ethier be accepted or denied. Reach out to her with a true heart and believe, and you may be surprised.
oh... of course.. a spiritual PLANE. like the one Wonder Woman gets around in, right? I think you are too pompous and self-serving to be in contact with anyone except yourself and your cat.

new york fan
new york fan

May 13th, 2012, 2:14 am #7

thank you for posting your sincere and heart-felt post. i approve.

my comment about you channeling roy orbison was meant in gentle jest.

agnes of wrathful god, is in need of a lesser god.

new york fan
new york fan

May 13th, 2012, 4:04 am #8

oh... of course.. a spiritual PLANE. like the one Wonder Woman gets around in, right? I think you are too pompous and self-serving to be in contact with anyone except yourself and your cat.
are you accusing poor little roy o of being pompatus? well. let me give you all of the pompatus of love for annie mcshort-short. let me shamelessly augment, ammend, plagiarize, and modify r.j.h. as i choose to ---,

this bifurcation of the world into the mundane world perceived, and the transcendent, more real world, revealed by thinking is very probably an essential consequence of thinking as such, of the existence in the human mind of a world of thought. the most primitive men known to us already inhabit theses two worlds. the fundamental idea is: i am and i think. from this idea there follows a second, derivative, idea: there exists ANOTHER WORLD, the world that inhabits me through thinking. this other world is THERE, it is IMMINENT, exists, as an immidiate consequence of the existence of thought in the human mind: and as the race accumulates experience this world of thinking becomes massively enriched, especialy by comparison with the almost static state of the world of perception, the outer, physical world. the earth consists once and for all of stones and plants and other animals; the sun rises and sets every day, summer and winter come round every year; the sea ebbs and flows, eternally the same; even men do not change very much, the new generation is much like the old: nature, in short, is the realm of the known, nature springs no surprises. but the world of thought and imagination is incredibly dynamic; it is continually expanding and changing and adding to itself new shapes and colors. the physically living occupy the world of nature, but the world of thought is also inhabited by the dead, and especially the MIGHTY DEAD, the founders and ancestors, the loved ones and lost ones; indeed in this world they are no longer dead, they live on, they appear in dreams and waking dreams, they are immortal - and shall we too not be immortal, in this other world? the SUPERNATURAL appears, with it's gods and devils, heavens and hells, in that world of mind. in mind, the past, that which has vanished from the perceived, physical world, continues to exist - but wherefore does it exist, where can it exist? the brain too is physical. it exists in this world which we perceive and experience in mind. the ties and limitations of the physical world dissapear in this world, we are free of them, we can do anything; but at the same time it is only here that we encounter actual terror, the teror which hovers about the abode of the god and which stalks the sleeper when, dead to the physical world, he enters this doubly, twice removed, mind world. this world of thought within thought, the truest world a thinking being can have, comes to be much more real than the physical world. that men should come to regard it as alone real, as the true world, is this a surprise or legitimate dismissal thereof? and once this step has been taken, is it not likely that the physical world will be progressively devalued for the benefit of the true world, that all the qualities in it which men find useful or interesting or dreadful will be transfered one by one to the true world as to their true home, so that at last the physical world is stripped of all value and claim to veneration and becomes a mere illusion, an appearance, a veil masking this other, true world?

before philosophy, before rational thinking at all, it is there: the world as appearance and the world as reality. mythology and primitive religion speak directly of this tranference of value; philosophy, science, and sophisticated religion do so more covertly.

Roy O
Roy O

May 13th, 2012, 7:39 pm #9

And you! You've taken time out of your precious life to respond. Remember, there are only so many sunsets, people and memories > enjoy.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 13th, 2012, 9:15 pm #10

are you accusing poor little roy o of being pompatus? well. let me give you all of the pompatus of love for annie mcshort-short. let me shamelessly augment, ammend, plagiarize, and modify r.j.h. as i choose to ---,

this bifurcation of the world into the mundane world perceived, and the transcendent, more real world, revealed by thinking is very probably an essential consequence of thinking as such, of the existence in the human mind of a world of thought. the most primitive men known to us already inhabit theses two worlds. the fundamental idea is: i am and i think. from this idea there follows a second, derivative, idea: there exists ANOTHER WORLD, the world that inhabits me through thinking. this other world is THERE, it is IMMINENT, exists, as an immidiate consequence of the existence of thought in the human mind: and as the race accumulates experience this world of thinking becomes massively enriched, especialy by comparison with the almost static state of the world of perception, the outer, physical world. the earth consists once and for all of stones and plants and other animals; the sun rises and sets every day, summer and winter come round every year; the sea ebbs and flows, eternally the same; even men do not change very much, the new generation is much like the old: nature, in short, is the realm of the known, nature springs no surprises. but the world of thought and imagination is incredibly dynamic; it is continually expanding and changing and adding to itself new shapes and colors. the physically living occupy the world of nature, but the world of thought is also inhabited by the dead, and especially the MIGHTY DEAD, the founders and ancestors, the loved ones and lost ones; indeed in this world they are no longer dead, they live on, they appear in dreams and waking dreams, they are immortal - and shall we too not be immortal, in this other world? the SUPERNATURAL appears, with it's gods and devils, heavens and hells, in that world of mind. in mind, the past, that which has vanished from the perceived, physical world, continues to exist - but wherefore does it exist, where can it exist? the brain too is physical. it exists in this world which we perceive and experience in mind. the ties and limitations of the physical world dissapear in this world, we are free of them, we can do anything; but at the same time it is only here that we encounter actual terror, the teror which hovers about the abode of the god and which stalks the sleeper when, dead to the physical world, he enters this doubly, twice removed, mind world. this world of thought within thought, the truest world a thinking being can have, comes to be much more real than the physical world. that men should come to regard it as alone real, as the true world, is this a surprise or legitimate dismissal thereof? and once this step has been taken, is it not likely that the physical world will be progressively devalued for the benefit of the true world, that all the qualities in it which men find useful or interesting or dreadful will be transfered one by one to the true world as to their true home, so that at last the physical world is stripped of all value and claim to veneration and becomes a mere illusion, an appearance, a veil masking this other, true world?

before philosophy, before rational thinking at all, it is there: the world as appearance and the world as reality. mythology and primitive religion speak directly of this tranference of value; philosophy, science, and sophisticated religion do so more covertly.
Nice. You put up a post - you put up a stone wall. Let them try to knock it down.

Roy O

Confirmation of reply: