SCARY RIVER PHOENIX

SCARY RIVER PHOENIX

Mindy
Mindy

June 29th, 2005, 3:53 pm #1

Why is the photo of River so scary? I havent looked at it but im new (a friend told me bout this site) and i can't believe you can actually see him dead?! I dont think I'll ever look but River was a beautiful and sweet person. Why he is scary now he is dead?
Mindy

Cindi
Cindi

June 29th, 2005, 3:57 pm #2

Hi there

Welcome to the site! I havent looked at the photo of River in his coffin either - I just don't want to see it - full stop. From what I've read off other posts on here, some people think it's a fake picture, other's think it is real. Aparently, he doesn't look very nice on it. Again, from reading other posts, he might have been repositioned so that he looks very uncomfortable and he has (aparently) some discolouring on his face due to embalming burns or something. Anyway, I can't say for sure as I havent looked, but someone said they had to sleep with their bedroom light on that night after they'd looked at the photo. I guess that's why some people think he's scary.

Peace,
Cindi. xxx

Mindy
Mindy

June 29th, 2005, 4:00 pm #3

yuk! now i really dont wanna look. or do i? To see if people or lying about it. maybe its true river fans who are saying it is horrid just to deter more people from seeing it? It cant be THAT bad surely..?

mindy

Cindi
Cindi

June 29th, 2005, 4:02 pm #4

I don't know. But I still won't look. I'd rather remember River as being full of life, not in a coffin. But yeah, if you want to go look, look. That's your choice...

June 29th, 2005, 4:04 pm #5

Why is the photo of River so scary? I havent looked at it but im new (a friend told me bout this site) and i can't believe you can actually see him dead?! I dont think I'll ever look but River was a beautiful and sweet person. Why he is scary now he is dead?
Mindy
i've looked at it... But I don't think it is scary.. I didn't speak English, so I didn't know that he would be dead.. DIDN'T!! Now I do:P
It isn't scary.. But looking at him dead, isn't nice! If you know a little bit how he was, the picture is the opposite of it!
Bye..

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 29th, 2005, 4:20 pm #6

yuk! now i really dont wanna look. or do i? To see if people or lying about it. maybe its true river fans who are saying it is horrid just to deter more people from seeing it? It cant be THAT bad surely..?

mindy
I wouldnt really say that it is scarry, Its just something that is hard to get out of your mind. It may be because his hair is shorter and darker than usual. I also had trouble sleeping after seeing the picture, but as I said I think a lot of it was just that he had changed his appearance for the movie he was working on. I only viewed the photo out of curiosity, and will
never again look at it, respectfully I wish I had never looked at all.
Others believe he should not be praised, I however, believe that despite any of the problems he had, River Phoenix also had a lot of good in him, and was truely a beatiful person.

jessica
jessica

June 29th, 2005, 6:05 pm #7

i've looked at it... But I don't think it is scary.. I didn't speak English, so I didn't know that he would be dead.. DIDN'T!! Now I do:P
It isn't scary.. But looking at him dead, isn't nice! If you know a little bit how he was, the picture is the opposite of it!
Bye..
I've seen it, and wouldn't recommend looking at it. I regret it a lot. It's not that he looks scary, but it's kind of disturbing, and yes, very hard to get out of your head. It took me a long time to stop thinking about it, and it's been about a year since I saw it last, and I'm not itching to ever look at it again. My advice to you is to remember how he looked alive and beautiful. I know curiosity can drive you insane, but you'll only wonder, "why did I want to see this?"

atari
atari

June 30th, 2005, 12:50 am #8

river was a georgeous human being. it's such a shame. but i'll say he's the first person i wish to see after i die, right before my grandmother and my grandfather and my great aunt. i really do miss him, even though i never really knew him. i hope there's another river phoenix out there, preferably one who's jewish, so i can marry him. (yes, i'm jewish, and i STILL love river even though he was so obviously against religion because of his bad and extreme encounters with it when he was younger.)river was very leftist and liberal, but only because of his past. and the picture? yes, it was scary. but we all die. and we all look like shit when we die. why should river be any different? let's celibrate his life, not lament over his untimely death.

atari

Anon
Anon

June 30th, 2005, 2:18 am #9

How do you say you loved him when you never knew him? He's probably not the kind of person you'd want to love

June 30th, 2005, 9:45 pm #10

Mindy
I dont want to think of that picture when I think of river. His lips look blue and he looks so stiff I mean tense. It's dark and theres something eary about it.

Confirmation of reply: