Sad Story....

Sad Story....

Anonymous Gal
Anonymous Gal

June 2nd, 2005, 5:54 pm #1

What a sad story! I feel so sorry for her. Another case of a parent wanting something for a child that the child didn't ncecesarily want. Adults living vicariously throught their children.

I remember watching Family Affair in early reruns and my mother told me that Sissy killed herself with drugs. So I always thoguht it was Sissy instead of Buffy for many years.

Another sad, sad story about a little girld who just wanted to be a little girl.

A Freind
A Freind

July 14th, 2005, 5:23 am #2

Not so sure you have the picture. The rebellion against Hollywood and her mother was less of an issue in her life than the messy divorce and death of her father. Her downfall was that she and her brother Paul thought they could control the drugs. Sadly, she lost that battle, as did Paul in 1984.

Aziza White
Aziza White

July 14th, 2005, 4:06 pm #3

This lovely little girl was my cousin. We were both related to Danny Thomas. Anissa's grandfather was Sam Tweel of Charleston, WV and my branch of the family used another spelling, "Tawil." My mother was in showbusiness as a dancer, was from Charleston, but lived in New York City since the fifties. She met my father there when he came to this country and he said he had relatives in Charleston. It's a small world. My mother had met his cousin Danny Thomas when she performed at a Saint Jude benefit in Miami and thought he was a really nice guy. I was born in 1968 and I loved watching my cousin Anissa on Family Affair. I still have the Buffy and Miss Beasley paper dolls. I had a "walking doll" that I thought looked like Anissa so I named it Buffy. It was my size and was my best "buddy" when I was a little girl. I cherish Anissa and my memories of her. Too bad we never got to meet.

Best Wishes,
"Zizi" White

A Friend
A Friend

August 20th, 2005, 9:45 pm #4

Should you ever travel to southern California, you might try to look up:

Lisa Valdez, Anissa’s best friend, (they went to Westchester High School together. Lisa might also know where to find Tristan, another close friend.)

Steve Hanford, who attended Del Rey Continuation High School with her and was there in Anissa’s and Paul’s San Diego apartment the night before she died. (The San Diego apartment was Anissa’s and Paul’s summer residence and surfing hideout.) She was living in an apartment in Playa Del Rey (near her Mom,) earlier and the rumor was that she and Paul were to move into an apartment complex (that she wanted to purchase) across the street from Westchester in September of 1976.

And Helen Hennessy, of Littler Lane in Oceanside (not current) - she lived in the house where Anissa died, she also found Anissa, (they were very close and she has a very poignant story about the last time she saw Anissa alive...)

Anissa had many friends at Westchester High School (and Orville Wright Junior High School) although she had a select few that she liked, preferring to keep most people her age at a distance...

If Les Kaufman, her publicist at Fedderson Productions were still alive, he would have some wonderful memories of Anissa and Paul and her mother Paula. Her 'Bri Bri French fry guy' (Brian Keith) has sadly left us...

Allan Koven was her boyfriend of one week and I doubt he could tell the truth about her if he knew it... (But I hope she was happy having found someone!)

The last I heard her mother was still alive, but I don’t think she lives at the Rees St. address anymore...

Finally, if you do gather these memories of her, please do write them down and share them, as there are so many people that feel deeply over the loss of this wonderful spirit that blew our way for a very short time...

P. S. She really wouldn’t like being referred to as ‘Buffy’ at all, but loved being called Anissa (pronounced AnEEsa.) A boy from Orville Wright made a mistake once and called her Buffy and she refused to have anything to do with him ever again, even though they attended the same schools and had classes together... Hmmm I wonder who that boy was...

A Friend

Michael A
Michael A

August 27th, 2005, 4:55 am #5

Apparently Helen died from AID's some years ago. I still miss Anissa very much and use this time of the year to remember her with great affection. I sincerely hope Anissa and Paul are together forever somewhere...

December 28th, 2009, 7:33 am #6

This lovely little girl was my cousin. We were both related to Danny Thomas. Anissa's grandfather was Sam Tweel of Charleston, WV and my branch of the family used another spelling, "Tawil." My mother was in showbusiness as a dancer, was from Charleston, but lived in New York City since the fifties. She met my father there when he came to this country and he said he had relatives in Charleston. It's a small world. My mother had met his cousin Danny Thomas when she performed at a Saint Jude benefit in Miami and thought he was a really nice guy. I was born in 1968 and I loved watching my cousin Anissa on Family Affair. I still have the Buffy and Miss Beasley paper dolls. I had a "walking doll" that I thought looked like Anissa so I named it Buffy. It was my size and was my best "buddy" when I was a little girl. I cherish Anissa and my memories of her. Too bad we never got to meet.

Best Wishes,
"Zizi" White
I am so gratful for your post and never knew much I had only met Anissa three weeks earlier and was very much in love with her! She was fed up with Butch and lonely and in deep depression, I am so sorry i could not do more at that time, she had left to go up to marina del ray to get her stuff and was going to come back and move in with me that week. I feel i really let her down that night and still believe Butch Killed her I am so sorry!

Chris Caffes
I called 911 and told the police what I suspected yet they did nothing

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 15th, 2013, 11:57 pm #7

interesting. C.C. felt anger toward Butch. He cant remember where Modiano was when he called him because it is something he does not want to reveal. But what matters is they all three arrived at the same time Chris, Steve and Modiano 9what is his first name?) and within minutes. They were all nearby. This explaines the time frame. I do not think Butch killed Anissa.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 16th, 2013, 12:01 am #8

Best Wishes,
"Zizi" White
Zizi is for real. She is honest and for real. Really Anissa's cousin on her mother's side. A lovely person.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 16th, 2013, 12:09 am #9

I am so gratful for your post and never knew much I had only met Anissa three weeks earlier and was very much in love with her! She was fed up with Butch and lonely and in deep depression, I am so sorry i could not do more at that time, she had left to go up to marina del ray to get her stuff and was going to come back and move in with me that week. I feel i really let her down that night and still believe Butch Killed her I am so sorry!

Chris Caffes
I called 911 and told the police what I suspected yet they did nothing
He meant he called years later to say what he suspected happened and they would do nothing. Thus the 911 call. Chris was traumatized by the death of Anissa.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 16th, 2013, 1:28 am #10

interesting. C.C. felt anger toward Butch. He cant remember where Modiano was when he called him because it is something he does not want to reveal. But what matters is they all three arrived at the same time Chris, Steve and Modiano 9what is his first name?) and within minutes. They were all nearby. This explaines the time frame. I do not think Butch killed Anissa.
"I do not think Butch killed Anissa."

At least not intentionally.
What I mean is, and this is just supposition:
You love your boyfriend, you trust him..
He says "Take this baby, it'll make you feel better", or "Try taking five", or "Try dissolving it in water"
You love him, he loves you, and he wouldn't do anything to hurt you.
Right?

Confirmation of reply: