Rulli's Mini Me

Rulli's Mini Me

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2012, 4:31 pm #1

Highlight Hollywood World EXCLUSIVE, ‘The Night My Husband Killed Me’ A Novel By Kathleen McKenna Theorizes Natalie Wood’s Final Night Alive, Thrilling, Shockingly Frightening And A Must-Read

July 08, 2012 Tommy Lightfoot Garrett 2 Comments

The Famed Investigative journalist Dominick Dunne often said, “Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied.” Prolific bestselling crime author Kathleen McKenna lives by that motto, and in a blockbuster Highlight Hollywood exclusive, we spoke directly with the author of the soon to be published “The Night My Husband Killed Me.” On the heels of Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept. having Natalie Wood’s death certificate changed from accidental drowning to undetermined, McKenna, a California resident, who is the premier author and historian on Natalie Wood’s death investigation, she now makes shocking claims in her novel, which mirrors Natalie Wood’s life and death, or at least the final night of Natalie’s life, as it were.

“I have done extensive research and spoke with many of the players in this story, as you know, Tommy. I worked for several years silently, but shared with those I interviewed extensively what my theory of that night could have been,” said McKenna. Who doesn’t name a suspect, but her book hints to a chilling close connection to who may have killed the heroine in her novel, which seems eerily similar to a famed now deceased Hollywood iconic leading lady. Highlight Hollywood is the only one outside of McKenna and the publishing house itself (Taylor Street of San Francisco, California) that has read this shocking, but very riveting page-turner. This book will definitely reach greater heights than any other publication surrounding the death of any film icon in Hollywood’s fabled history.

The author of “The Wedding Gift” and “Family Matters,” both of which are must-read for the summer, has done it again. But this time, it’s heroine remains with us in a very haunting manner. Highlight Hollywood’s exclusive excerpts from the book include a passage that will bring tears to your eyes. “Nearly thirty years have passed and here I remain, forever waiting, forever drowning. And yet having now remembered my story all of it and told the truth to the best of my ability I think maybe if I looked up again I might see a million stars above me and be able to see even further and higher beyond them to the place where all of us stars first came from.

McKenna obviously got a great deal of insight from reviewing the man who found Natalie’s lifeless body in the cold November morning of November 29, 1981. Since Roger Smith, the rescue captain is perhaps the best authority on Natalie Wood’s death, and his story has never changed, he’s a respected man in the community, not a drunk or druggie like some of the “witnesses” in the case have been known to be. I asked Kathleen how she was able to reenact that fateful night. “I actually did spend five hours in the Pacific Ocean one night wearing what Natalie was wearing that night, a down jacket and a nightgown,” said McKenna in an exclusive interview shocker. “I know may not have been there on that night with Natalie, but I know how it happened, because I recreated it and since only Roger Smith’s recollection can be trusted and Roger swears she was with the dinghy, so it must be true. The coat weighs a million pounds when you are in the water with it, you don’t sink but you cant swim or rise and you certainly couldn’t climb up the side of a lifeboat/dinghy in it, now here’s the terrible thing, in my opinion. She could have taken off the coat, anyone could, it would be difficult but it could be done at least in the beginning before the numbness sets in, but a woman who could barely swim who was terrified of dark water who knew that coat was the only thing keeping her above water, could not bring herself to do it, further even without the coat you could not make the maneuver from the water into the dinghy, all you could manage would be to overturn it onto yourself. I would have because I could have taken off the coat and swum for shore she did not have that choice and even I was at times paralyzed by the thought of what might be right beside me right underneath me, its very possible she felt sharks, as well. I did all night whether they were real or not I cant say,” said the famed author of “The Night My Husband Killed Me.”

The entire book is the most dazzling Splendour of all time. It is gripping, forceful, imaginative but seemingly totally factual and mesmerizing. You feel Natalie’s fears that last night of her life. You know that time is not her keeper, and not her friend or guardian angel. “The Night My Husband Killed Me” is the best story I’ve read this year. And I’ve read hundreds of books in 2012. It is nothing short of a crushing weight of unmerciful life-altering fear that engulfs one’s soul and brain while reading it.

In a Highlight Hollywood exclusive excerpt from “The Night My Husband Killed Me,” author McKenna writes the following of what occurs in her book to the heroine on her final night on this earth.

[We didn’t have locks on any of the cabin doors on our boat, it isn’t safe to do that with small children and even if there had been a lock on my door he would have broken it. I knew when I heard him come in that drunk or sober this was going to be one of those nights when he would demand reassurance, I decided to play possum and ignore him.
He had other plans he grabbed me by my right arm and yanked me out of the bed flinging me into the wall. I tried to stand and he punched me hard in the stomach, I let out a scream and he socked me in the forehead. I fell down hard and he grabbed me by my hair and dragged me face forward across the carpet I could only manage moans by then until I felt the cold night air against my exposed skin where my nightgown had ridden up around my waist.

He had opened the back door of our cabin which led out onto the swim step. I screamed loudly then and tried to crawl past him towards the cabin, he reached down and grabbed both my ankles roughly and raised me up and in one move dropped me head first into the cold water. For a minute I struggled blindly and then came up to the surface gasping for air.

I grabbed the swim step with both hands and looked up at him stunned. He was crouching on the step looking down at me with his face twisted in rage. “I want you off my ******* boat you ******* bitch, you are gone Natalie, all gone.” I gripped harder and screamed for Chris and Dennis both. He didn’t like that and with an intent expression stood up and raised his foot over my hands.

“Let go of my ******* boat bitch or I will break your ******* fingers right now.” Scared I did and turned and lunged for the dinghy. It was hard to scramble over the side but in my wet nightgown but I made it. I laid there on the bottom of it for a minute panting and wheezing.

Before I had a chance to do more I felt something soft thump down over me, I looked up. A foot away my husband was standing on the swim step sweating and enraged. I sat up and reached for whatever it was he had tossed me, it was my red down coat. I looked at him confused he smiled.

“Put it on darling, I don’t want you to be cold for your trip to shore.” Freezing by now I did what he said and then watched paralyzed with fear as he knelt again and untied both dinghy lines. I asked him what he was doing, did he expect me to take the dinghy to shore and do what when I got there?

I demanded he stop this **** and step aside and let me back on my boat. He did not answer until he was done untying the ropes, then he did the strangest thing, he pulled the dinghy right up to the swim step so that it was parallel to it. All I had to do was roll forward and I would be back onboard but I didn’t do that because I was afraid that he was setting me up for just such a move so he could kick me off the step and back into the water. I looked at him in silence, he leaned forward.

“You look like a drowned rat Nat darling, have a good swim.” Before I knew what he was doing he yanked up the side hard and I slid across the dinghy and flipped out into the water. This time when I came up I was too wary to go near him again and finding my down coat surprisingly buoyant I paddled slowly around to the front of the boat to scream for Dennis.

I heard my husband’s running footsteps and then a few muffled words followed by a louder yell of, “turn on the ******* music.” I spent what seemed to me a long time calling from the water and then suddenly there he was leaning over the railing with a smile.
“Hang onto your hat, I’ll get you, I’ll come right now as soon as you say the magic words.” I was beyond angry by then, far too angry to be as afraid as I should have been. I wouldn’t say the magic words. I knew Dennis would rescue me and if not him than anyone from the dozens of nearby boats. As soon as Dennis told Chris then people would get called and I would be brought out of the water and from that moment on my husband was going to learn the meaning of revenge movie star style.

I should have been afraid, I should have said and promised whatever he wanted to hear, maybe I could have changed his course, maybe…wondering if that could be true is I think one of the things that has kept me here trapped all these years, but sometimes I understand so clearly that none of it was spontaneous at all and that I could have never been saved.

There was a strong wind that night and it created a current which caught me and began dragging me from the area near the boats. I struggled lost and gave up when I saw that I was not being cast further out into the ocean but towards shore, then like a miracle I saw the dinghy floating ahead of me just a few yards away I swam towards it which was not easy in my coat. But I was closing in on it when I felt and then heard and then saw that I was not after all completely alone in the ocean that night.

I cannot say to this day with certainty that it was a shark maybe it was a helpful dolphin, I did not believe it was a dolphin. I knew enough about sharks to know that movement alerted them to the presence of prey in the water, Jaws had come out a couple years before and I made the mistake of going to see it. Every scene from that movie played out in my head then. I hung motionless in the water and watched silently the first tears of real terror sliding down my face as the dinghy moved further away. I felt something brush against my hanging legs then and who knows maybe it was only the current but after a few minutes slowly, so slowly trying not to make a ripple I managed to draw my legs up towards my chest.

As the water had drenched my coat it had also expanded it and I found that I could keep my legs curled up inside it and that even created minimal warmth as well. With my body pulled close like that I felt vulnerable of course but less so than with exposed limbs. I was now floating in a ball not really drifting much either towards or away from the shore. I was afraid but not yet hopeless, that came later.

Hours in I still could not manage the courage to free my legs and try to swim for shore, I felt the murderous malice of my husband somewhere behind me on the boat and I felt the mindless malice of the shark lying in wait between me and the shore.

Despite my coat I was becoming colder and while at first my enemy, the cold became my friend. It lessened the immediacy of my aching desperation to reach the distant lights of Isthmus Cove which spelled safety. The cold distanced me from the thought of my little girls and my terrible fear and rage at the knowledge that after all, despite all the odds against it I was indeed going to be left out here in the dark water un-rescued.

To eventually die of either cold or the increasingly seductive lure of lowering my head into the waiting water. I looked up for guidance and hope one last time that endless night, hoping to see the stars, but the sky was black and blank. I looked down at the water inches from my face and saw that I cast no reflection I wondered if I was already dead and didn’t know it. I murmured a prayer for help and laid my face against the water.
Death came in minutes then but not as people think of death at least not for me. I awoke from what passes for sleep amongst my kind, it’s really more of a time slip I suppose, but to me it felt as though I awoke from what had been a long disorienting dream. I was still here, it was still night and I was still in the water. It was only the slow realization that I was no longer cold and no longer felt any fear of sharks or of my husband that made me realize the dream I had woken from was my life.]

Robert Wagner has stated that he had nothing to do with his wife’s death, and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept. has said, Wagner is not a suspect in Natalie Wood’s death. However, the LASD and L.A. County officials have recently changed her death status from accidental to undetermined.

You can follow us at www.twitter.com/HighlightHwd.

You may also LIKE our brand new Facebook Page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Highlight ... 9760769011

Written By: Tommy Lightfoot Garrett
Photographs are Courtesy: Kathleen McKenna and Taylor Street Publishing House and Tommy Lightfoot Garrett by Mara Photography in Hollywood
Follow us on Twitter @HighlightHwd or @LightfootinHwd

Creed
Creed

July 11th, 2012, 4:47 pm #2

The sincerest form of flattery is plagiarism I suppose. Sadly though, this self published drivel will never be read by more than McKenna's buddies. Tommy Lightloafer Garrett will promote anything under the sun if he thinks there's payday of any description in it for him. For what it's worth, whatever these two edge scrapers come up with will only lead people to seek out GNGS and further Rulli's success.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2012, 5:10 pm #3

Well, this is very interesting.

What is the meaning of"Rulli's Mimi Me".

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2012, 6:49 pm #4

To promote something this irresponsible in the middle of a true investigation is revolting. These two lechers should be ashamed of theirselves. I highly doubt Marti Rulli has anything to do with this.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2012, 6:53 pm #5

"I highly doubt Marti Rulli has anything to do with this."

Of course Rulli has NOTHING to do with these clowns. (But I'm pretty sure everyone knows that)

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2012, 7:09 pm #6

McKenna is a good friend of Rulli's. I know this for a fact.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2012, 7:16 pm #7

"I highly doubt Marti Rulli has anything to do with this."

Of course Rulli has NOTHING to do with these clowns. (But I'm pretty sure everyone knows that)
Garrett's purple prose makes me want to wretch. He is one of the worst writers under the sun. Followed by this woman I suppose. Her reenactment was ridiculous. Like Natalie would lie there with all of the B movie dialog going through her head. If she was conscious she would have been fighting for her life. I don't know how Wagner did it, I just know he did.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2012, 7:18 pm #8

McKenna is a good friend of Rulli's. I know this for a fact.
"McKenna is a good friend of Rulli's. I know this for a fact."

You don't know as much as you think you do.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2012, 7:24 pm #9

His famous last words "I know this for a fact" A few weeks ago he was saying that the case was closed, he said he knew it for a fact.

Rulli and McKenna are not friends.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2012, 7:27 pm #10

Garrett's purple prose makes me want to wretch. He is one of the worst writers under the sun. Followed by this woman I suppose. Her reenactment was ridiculous. Like Natalie would lie there with all of the B movie dialog going through her head. If she was conscious she would have been fighting for her life. I don't know how Wagner did it, I just know he did.
"Garrett's purple prose makes me want to wretch. He is one of the worst writers under the sun."

To even call Garrett a writer is to whelp the English language till it begs for mercy.

No but seriously, Garrett is nothing more than a cut and paste blogger. He takes the words (as poorly written as they may be) of others and attempts to insinuate himself into the proceedings. It's a typical and common act of a wanna be who'll will never be.

Confirmation of reply: