Rivers Photo In Coffin

Rivers Photo In Coffin

Jess
Jess

June 29th, 2005, 11:21 pm #1

I think the people on here are right. If you dont want to look at the photo then dont look at it, but for people that do want to look at it, then they obviously have some curiosity in seeing him like this.
For others, maybe it will help them and for others out there that use drugs... maybe it will make them realise what can happen to you!
I think the whole river story is very sad and i loved watching him in films.. especially in Stand By Me when he was playing Chris Chambers! To me.. when he died he was still just a little boy who didnt like all the attention from the media! There was obviously a lot going on in his head that he felt that drugs was the only way for him to be able to deal with it! I dont care if no one else agrees with me, but that is how i feel!
Rest in Peace XXXX

June 30th, 2005, 9:43 pm #2

"I agree"

Jess
Jess

July 3rd, 2005, 12:01 am #3

Thank you I am glad someone does XXXX Jess

Riv70
Riv70

July 3rd, 2005, 2:20 am #4

I think the people on here are right. If you dont want to look at the photo then dont look at it, but for people that do want to look at it, then they obviously have some curiosity in seeing him like this.
For others, maybe it will help them and for others out there that use drugs... maybe it will make them realise what can happen to you!
I think the whole river story is very sad and i loved watching him in films.. especially in Stand By Me when he was playing Chris Chambers! To me.. when he died he was still just a little boy who didnt like all the attention from the media! There was obviously a lot going on in his head that he felt that drugs was the only way for him to be able to deal with it! I dont care if no one else agrees with me, but that is how i feel!
Rest in Peace XXXX

Considering the way the picture was taken (not to mention the motive) I think it's awful to have it circulating around the internet, and I think people should NOT look at it. But hey.... just my opinion.

I wondering why anyone would want to see someone dead in a coffin….? I find it sort of bizarre (regardless of who it is).

Jess
Jess

July 3rd, 2005, 6:50 pm #5

Hi there from the not so sunny UK!!
Same here, but there are people out there who are curious and thats why pictures like this are posted on websites cos they know people will have a look! When it gives you a picture to click on and says warning extremely gruesome, people cannot help but click on it! Afterwards i am sure they wish they hadnt like i did, but i have done it now and seen it, so not much i can do! It is hard to get the picture of him in his coffin out of my head now though i must admit!
Jess xx:)

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 4th, 2005, 3:56 am #6

Well then you have no one to blame but yourself

Jess
Jess

July 4th, 2005, 5:57 pm #7

Yes and if you read my previous message properly then you would know i realise that!

I dont need you to tell me thanks all the same!

Ant
Ant

July 4th, 2005, 10:54 pm #8

Rest in Peace XXXX

Who ever took that picture should be shot for a gross invasion of a families pain and suffering

Jess
Jess

July 5th, 2005, 10:36 pm #9

I totally agree!

Tash
Tash

July 6th, 2005, 10:05 pm #10

Hi there from the not so sunny UK!!
Same here, but there are people out there who are curious and thats why pictures like this are posted on websites cos they know people will have a look! When it gives you a picture to click on and says warning extremely gruesome, people cannot help but click on it! Afterwards i am sure they wish they hadnt like i did, but i have done it now and seen it, so not much i can do! It is hard to get the picture of him in his coffin out of my head now though i must admit!
Jess xx:)
Totally agree with you Jess (fellow Brit) I wasn't expecting him to look like that and now I SOOOOO wish I never clicked! As a person who has had a family member die from a drug related death I don't need to see a very gruesome picture to hate what drugs can do to you, but if anyone out there still thinks drugs are nothing but a bit of fun, they should watch River in 'Stand by me' and some of his other films and then they should see that picture!

Confirmation of reply: