RIVER GAY???????

RIVER GAY???????

December 29th, 2005, 2:24 pm #1

Apparently river phoenix played a gay guy with keanu reeves in a movie but i am unsure as to wether it is true or not.... Does sum1 wanna clear that up plzzzzzzzzz, if its true wat was the name of the film?????

December 29th, 2005, 5:09 pm #2

Yeh its true, this is the film synoposis for my own private idaho

Surreal character study focusing on the friendship between two male hustlers, Mike and Scott, in Portland, Oregon. They live on the streets, do drugs, and sell themselves to men and women. Mike (River Phoenix) is quiet, gay and suffers from narcolepsy. Abandoned as a child, he is obsessed with finding his long-lost mother. Scott (Keanu Reeves) is the rebellious son of a high-ranking family, who lives this life mostly to embarrass his father. Mike is in love with Scott, who still maintains he is straight and insists that his wild lifestyle on the streets is only temporary. Together, they embark on a quest to find Mike's mother, traveling from Portland to Idaho to Italy, with Scott picking up a beautiful girl along the way.

hope that helps

December 29th, 2005, 8:53 pm #3

i have always thought river was a great actor and now he is betta. i just love watchhing mi fav actors as gay men lol. THANKS

December 29th, 2005, 11:55 pm #4

Well, he "played" a Gay guy. Dont think he was gay in real life tho. Yeah you should check that movie out, one of my favorites.

December 30th, 2005, 4:33 am #5

he was gay i thought he was just trying to get some extra money

December 30th, 2005, 10:25 am #6

hey eitha way i dont mind lookin at mi fav actor having a session with anotha bloke lol

February 7th, 2006, 9:24 am #7

river said himself that just because he was in a gay movie, he does not support gay's and it's not natural.
no offence to gays out there. i really want to see brokeback mountain.

February 9th, 2006, 1:29 am #8

"river said himself that just because he was in a gay movie, he does not support gay's and it's not natural."

Exactly WHERE did you get this information?? I'd like a link, please. That's a strange things for River to say considering he was seen quite often hanging out in homosexual bars AFTER he filmed MOPI (so it was NOT for research purposes), had several homosexual friends, and was rumored to be bisexual himself. I find it very odd that River would ever say something like this.

February 11th, 2006, 5:20 am #9

river said himself that just because he was in a gay movie, he does not support gay's and it's not natural.
no offence to gays out there. i really want to see brokeback mountain.
Considering he has been quoted as saying, "It strikes me as strange that anyone could have any moral objection to someone else's sexuality. It's like telling someone how to clean their house.", I highly doubt River was homophobic, or that "he [did] not support gays and [believed that] it's not natural." I'd really be interested in knowing how you came to be under that impression. If you're homophobic, that does not give you the right to push that opinion onto someone who can no longer speak for himself (though he has, obviously, already done so on the topic).

TI
TI

December 6th, 2009, 1:12 am #10

Apparently river phoenix played a gay guy with keanu reeves in a movie but i am unsure as to wether it is true or not.... Does sum1 wanna clear that up plzzzzzzzzz, if its true wat was the name of the film?????
In an interview in Butt Magazine, Van Sant said that Bobby Bukowski said he had sex with River at least twice and there are other reports, so I guess you could say, River was bisexual.

Confirmation of reply: