Question about pictures?

Question about pictures?

Barb
Barb

May 16th, 2005, 6:40 am #1

I know from what I've read on this board, alot of people would like the River Phoenix coffin photos taken down. In another post, someone mentioned Selena and it made me remember something. A couple of years ago, I read somewhere that Selena's fans, friends, and family were very upset about the morgue photos of her that had been published and had made their way to the web. The people that were responsible for displaying the pictures of her were threatened (legally, physically..I'm not sure), and since then, the pics have disappeared. At least, I think they have, I haven't been able to find them.I am definitely not saying that anyone should be threatened, I just think it's strange. The pictures of her that so many found offensive are gone, and the photos of River still remain. I'm not sure how I feel about the pictures, but I thought that it was worth mentioning.

Ally
Ally

May 16th, 2005, 7:43 am #2

Hey im Ally! Look, the reason we brought her up was because of me! I found another website with another version(photo on a differnet angle) of Riv in his coffin! And on that same site was a photo of Selena in her coffin! Actually, her family leaked that photo to the press! Thats why I was shocked! Weird huh?

Carolina
Carolina

May 16th, 2005, 1:08 pm #3

Im from Mexico City, There was 2 kind of Selena´s pictures, the funeral one´s and the autopsy´s, In the funeral she looked beautiful, in peace like you saw her. They had remove the autopsy photos, because they were disrespectful, horrible pictures. The photo of River Phoenix, it´s not pretty at all, I think it will never disappear from the net. People shoudn´t look it, that´s all you can do. Sorry for my english.

Carolina

Ally
Ally

May 16th, 2005, 1:29 pm #4

Selena's coffin pic, she had colour in her face, she looked peaceful and at rest! Rivers photo gives me chills! His body is blue, he looks ..... i dont know! Maybe its the way the body is placed, but I have seen people in their coffins beofre(my own family members) and they all look peaceful! Theres just something about Rivers pic that made me feel like....AHHHH i cant describe it!

May 16th, 2005, 1:56 pm #5

I know from what I've read on this board, alot of people would like the River Phoenix coffin photos taken down. In another post, someone mentioned Selena and it made me remember something. A couple of years ago, I read somewhere that Selena's fans, friends, and family were very upset about the morgue photos of her that had been published and had made their way to the web. The people that were responsible for displaying the pictures of her were threatened (legally, physically..I'm not sure), and since then, the pics have disappeared. At least, I think they have, I haven't been able to find them.I am definitely not saying that anyone should be threatened, I just think it's strange. The pictures of her that so many found offensive are gone, and the photos of River still remain. I'm not sure how I feel about the pictures, but I thought that it was worth mentioning.
Rivers coffin picture was edited and he didn't look that awful at all during the funeral, the priest who held his funeral has already confirmed it. He said something that he looked beautiful and peaceful when he lay in his coffin, and I think that everyone should ignore it because that coffin picture doesn't show the real River at all.

ana
ana

May 16th, 2005, 2:29 pm #6

like i said before, could have been a cheap camera, or the photo could have been doctored with a colour filter. or it just be a case of bad lighting in the funeral home, or wherever it was taken.

Ally
Ally

May 16th, 2005, 8:46 pm #7

Yeah sorry! I just meant thats whats I felt! When I looked at his pic it just gave me shivers for some reason!

Barb
Barb

May 17th, 2005, 2:32 am #8

Yeah, I know what you mean. I posted once before about how I felt about the pictures. I wasn't sure that I was bothered by the fact that I was looking at a picture of River Phoenix dead, or that I was looking at a pic of someone who was obviously dead. I've seen quite a few people after they have passed away, and none of them ever looked like that. I scare easily, so after I saw the pic, I had to sleep with my hallway light on. I should have thought about it before I looked at the pic, I should have known better, but my curiosity wins over my fear every time.

Ally
Ally

May 17th, 2005, 6:35 am #9

Yeah I was curious as well! I mean, I did know that it was a real photo before i looked at it, because I saw the other photos of Chris Farley and all the others on the list before I saw Rivers name there! I just wanted to see it! I dont regret seeing it, becaue I dont think there is anything wrong with it! What I do think is wrong, is that people put it all over the internet ect! Thats what I am upset about, and not for me, for Rio's family! They are the ones who suffer the most!

RubberDuckie
RubberDuckie

June 11th, 2005, 8:57 am #10

Im from Mexico City, There was 2 kind of Selena´s pictures, the funeral one´s and the autopsy´s, In the funeral she looked beautiful, in peace like you saw her. They had remove the autopsy photos, because they were disrespectful, horrible pictures. The photo of River Phoenix, it´s not pretty at all, I think it will never disappear from the net. People shoudn´t look it, that´s all you can do. Sorry for my english.

Carolina
No problem on the English. I know her family leaked the photos of the funeral, her dad had a fit because her husband sold them (or so I've always heard). The autopsy ones are still available, even with the threats, but now it goes on PHP rather then just on sites.

E
Gotta love the long unexpected breaks from the net.

Confirmation of reply: