Obsessed

Obsessed

January 21st, 2006, 6:55 pm #1

I wonder and worry why I am so obsessed with River. I just have such a strong connection to him. I know alot of other people feel the same way. River truely was an angel on this hellish planet. Something had to steal him away.. he was too good 4 this world. He left a gift.. a huge gift. We all hate that Rio did drugs. But he was still innocent.. so many good, honest people luv him.... not slime bags... we can forgive him.

January 21st, 2006, 9:32 pm #2

Are we for certain he wasn't hell on a heavenly planet?

January 22nd, 2006, 5:46 pm #3

are you kidding? river was great!! its ok ...........ive recently developed an obsession for him as well.............i guess it just happens

January 27th, 2006, 8:51 pm #4

I wonder and worry why I am so obsessed with River. I just have such a strong connection to him. I know alot of other people feel the same way. River truely was an angel on this hellish planet. Something had to steal him away.. he was too good 4 this world. He left a gift.. a huge gift. We all hate that Rio did drugs. But he was still innocent.. so many good, honest people luv him.... not slime bags... we can forgive him.
jiggy stop : )

January 31st, 2006, 9:08 pm #5

I was thinking about what jiggy said.. river being hell and i just wanna scream. Why do u come here jiggy.. does it make u feel better to constantly degrade River. You must have low self esteem. Sorry to say that. But i am getting tired if your rude comments. We all have a opinin but that is just wrong. WHY JIGGY?

February 1st, 2006, 12:39 am #6

I do'nt usually join in on forums.I just observe,but River is an exception,especially when some of you believe that he has something to be ashamed of, or that he was to blame for what happened to him ,that we should find it in the goodness of our hearts to forgive this beautiful,poetic,victimised boy...forgive him for what?to forgive is just as horrific as the blind society of sheep we live in,believng the media and conditioned into believing all victims of drugs or suicide are stupid,bad,disgusting garbage..what society do'nt realise is we are to blame..i am involved in the film/music industry and have lost people i knew,it tore my heart out,young creative people that are explioted and used by the record and film companies,by the media and by the public..i just pray that a guy i know that is living the nightmare today,survives it as we'll lose yet another special,creative ,young poet..who are we to judge..FORGIVE WHAT?

February 28th, 2006, 10:18 am #7

Its so easy to get obsessed with Rp , i understand. Its quite annoying, actually.

October 4th, 2007, 1:22 pm #8

I feel same thing Colleen!

November 15th, 2007, 10:31 am #9

Are we for certain he wasn't hell on a heavenly planet?
i dont know why i'm obsessed with him too he was very great at his movie Stand By Me

Troubled...
Troubled...

December 14th, 2010, 11:21 am #10

I feel same thing Colleen!
The original poster is really onto something...

The following is the strangest experience I have had in my life. I am deeply disturbed and troubled by it. Kinda confused and concerned. Something strange is going on...

I have to open with some facts about myself for context.

I am no fan of movie stars or celebrities of any kind. I have never desired nor collected any autographs, pictures, books, regarding celebrities, etc. I am not interested in trivia, bands, or the names of people in bands or movies. Don't give a rat's ass about celebrities basically.

Additionally, I am not an overly spiritual person. I am not into ghosts, spirits, the occult, contacting spirits, paranormal activity, etc. Just never had an interest.

I am a married professional with children. I was born in 72. I don't have much time in my life to waste on silly internet activities or hobbies. I don't have any interests that would compel me to waste any significant time doing so. (no offense intended to anyone with hobbies)

Here's the thing. I'll try to do my best to describe this accurately and concisely;

Out of nowhere, sometime in late Oct this year, I suddenly became "aware" of River Phoenix... but it truly is more like, "possessed". Not with his soul or likeness - but with this drive... this crazy frantic quest for information. A crazy impulse unlike anything I have ever done or felt in my life...

I became literally obsessed with researching every possible detail I could find. Before I realized what was even happening, I had spent SEVERAL DAYS researching and gathering info... searching... for something... some truth... it was almost as if I was under some kind of "spell". I was driven...

Not for info about him as a star... it's hard to describe. I am not really sure exactly what it is I am driven to look for. Some info.. Something incomplete... something lost... I am not sure.

I don't get overly emotional. I am a relatively reserved person. Suddenly I was overcome with this enormous feeling of sadness and regret... hard to put to words exactly. I am a grown, mature professional man - and I find myself feeling these overwhelming emotions filling me - but they almost feel as if they don't originate from me. I'm not crazy!

I am thinking to myself, what the fuck? have I lost it? What's this crazy quest for info that suddenly took over me? Sure, he's a cool guy, good actor - but respectfully why should I of all people give a shit? It's not like I want to be a fan - or I am suddenly "really into a celebrity" - it's more that something is telling me to find something... as if he is asking people... something. Like his soul isn't resting or something.

So I start to research this phenomenon... it turns out this same exact strange occurrence has happened to numerous people across the world, in different countries, in all different age groups. People who never heard of him. Old people. Young people. Suddenly obsessed with this quest for info or some strange drive. One guy - the same thing happens to him at age 48 - he goes with it - and ends up devoting several years of his life to "the quest" and publishes a book. He talks about how this obsession made no sense to him at the time either - and from what I heard his book also recounts a list of people affected in a similar way.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. I have not mentioned this crazy shit to anyone for the fear of sounding - well, crazy! lol. Sincerely though. From my heart. River is trying to say something. Something fucking huge. He seems like a really cool guy with lots of fans - but I think the fans and people get lost in his celebrity, and may not be getting his message. The guy is fucking reaching out for help or something.

For his energy to reach someone like me means that this shit is important. I seriously feel something is... incomplete.... or unfinished... or needs to be uncovered? (it doesnt feel like a distinctly negative thing... but something hella important)

F*ing weird *ss sh*t people!

Confirmation of reply: