natalie,chris,rj,jill

natalie,chris,rj,jill

Jocelyne
Jocelyne

September 14th, 2005, 12:05 pm #1

Just some thoughts.
During the brainstorm shoot in Raleigh Walken's wife stayed the whole time with her husband,and he had also arranged for here to play a small role in the movie. It's difficult to imagine Natalie and Walken a romance with his wife so much on the scene.
Interestingly, not until after natalie' death were the rumors and stories about a liaison with Walken.
On Thanksgiving Day Natalie and rj hosted an open-house celebration,not really like the others, there was something off about it.Everybody noticed something strange.
It's unclear why Walken's wife had chosen to go home rather that spend one the major holidays of the year with her husband.
Natasha ,Natalie 's mom, astrologer Righter who regulary adviced Natalie and rj have had a premonition of danger.
The skipper behaviour is strange
After Natalie' death, Jill and rj speedly got together, they spent Christmas week 1982 with family, they were together with the girls when they discovered rj' new house:(Jill helped them decorate the house ),they began started living together end 1985 and a question : if rj have had an affair before Natalie'drowing it could be one with Jill,afterall they shotted Hart to Hhart's pilot together

Jocelyne

Joanne Smith
Joanne Smith

September 16th, 2005, 1:00 pm #2

Chris Walken wasn't the only person invited to spend the Thanksgiving Weekend on the Wagners' yact. Several people were invited, but by the time of the trip, all but Walken had either refused the invite (due to prior Thanksgiving commitments) or cancelled, leaving Walken as the only guest.

Robert Wagner was not having an affair with Jill St John prior to Natalie's death. She came on the scene only after Natalie's death. Prior to that she had been a friend of the family and nothing more.

I'm not trying to condone Jill's speedy entry into Robert's life after Natalie's death - I don't like her. But Robert was certainly not having an affair with her while Natalie was still alive.

Robert didn't start living with Jill until 1988 - 6 years after he bought and movied into his new house. It was another 2 years before they married.

If Robert was having an affair with anyone before Natalie's death, the most likely candidate would be Stefanie Powers - his 'Hart to Hart' co-star, with whom he'd spent the past two years working closely and who he'd known for many years previously.

As for the Christmas 1982 vacation - Robert and Jill didn't spend it on their own. Apart from Robert's daughters, Mart Crawley (long-time friend of Robert and Natalie) and Stefanie Powers were also present.

Joanne

Patricia
Patricia

September 20th, 2005, 12:44 am #3

I hope he wouldn't do that to Natalie.

Jocelyne
Jocelyne

September 27th, 2005, 8:52 am #4

Chris Walken wasn't the only person invited to spend the Thanksgiving Weekend on the Wagners' yact. Several people were invited, but by the time of the trip, all but Walken had either refused the invite (due to prior Thanksgiving commitments) or cancelled, leaving Walken as the only guest.

Robert Wagner was not having an affair with Jill St John prior to Natalie's death. She came on the scene only after Natalie's death. Prior to that she had been a friend of the family and nothing more.

I'm not trying to condone Jill's speedy entry into Robert's life after Natalie's death - I don't like her. But Robert was certainly not having an affair with her while Natalie was still alive.

Robert didn't start living with Jill until 1988 - 6 years after he bought and movied into his new house. It was another 2 years before they married.

If Robert was having an affair with anyone before Natalie's death, the most likely candidate would be Stefanie Powers - his 'Hart to Hart' co-star, with whom he'd spent the past two years working closely and who he'd known for many years previously.

As for the Christmas 1982 vacation - Robert and Jill didn't spend it on their own. Apart from Robert's daughters, Mart Crawley (long-time friend of Robert and Natalie) and Stefanie Powers were also present.

Joanne
I don't think that RJ had an affair before Natalie'death It's just a speculation ,but i can't understand why he got together with Jill so promptly and married her if he had a relationship with stefanie. She is so more interesting, beautiful,gorgeous,and had more actig talent than Jill

Joanne Smith
Joanne Smith

September 28th, 2005, 12:32 pm #5

There are a lot of people who wonder why RJ got together with Jill so soon after Natalie's death and why he 'chose' her rather than Stefanie. Before I get to the theories I've come across over the years, let's get one thing straight. RJ's relationship with Jill wasn't in any way serious until at least 1985 or 1986.

Right, here goes with the theories/explanations I've heard:-

1 RJ wasn't interested in a relationship with Stefanie - This theory has been demolished by RJ himself in a number of interviews, where he's stated quite clearly (when asked) that he was interested in persuing a relationship with Stefanie after Natalie's death.
2 Stefanie wasn't interested in a relationship with RJ - Much more probable. Stefanie has always been a free spirit, who enjoys her independence. It's entirely possible that she didn't want a relationship with RJ where she'd have been 'tied down' with a husband and step-kids.
3 RJ felt that a relationship with Stefanie would be impossible because they would spend the rest of their lives living in the shadow of Natalie's (and Bill Holden's) death - This theory is mentioned in the book 'Natalie & RJ' by Warren G Harris. It does make sense, but as RJ's role in Natalie's death is still speculated upon 24 years down the line, forgoing a relationship with Stefanie didn't help the situation.
4 Jill used some kind of pressure (or blackmail) to get RJ and subsequently keep him - There are quite a few people who subscribe to this theory. It's certainly a possibility (and there have been instances where RJ's behavior, with Jill's backing, has been out of character) though there is no concrete evidence to back it up.
5 RJ genuinely loved/loves Jill - possible, but more likely he turned to her as a friend and she just never went away. From what I've read/heard about this relationship, it doesn't come across as one based on passion and love.

Basically, no-one (outside of RJ and Jill) knows the full story as to why they got together and stayed together. All we can do is speculate.

BTW - One telling fact is that, unlike Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward (whose long and enduring marriage is constantly commented upon as being strong, loving and long lasting), RJ and Jill's marriage doesn't attract similar comments.

Joanne

October 9th, 2005, 8:40 pm #6

Just some thoughts.
During the brainstorm shoot in Raleigh Walken's wife stayed the whole time with her husband,and he had also arranged for here to play a small role in the movie. It's difficult to imagine Natalie and Walken a romance with his wife so much on the scene.
Interestingly, not until after natalie' death were the rumors and stories about a liaison with Walken.
On Thanksgiving Day Natalie and rj hosted an open-house celebration,not really like the others, there was something off about it.Everybody noticed something strange.
It's unclear why Walken's wife had chosen to go home rather that spend one the major holidays of the year with her husband.
Natasha ,Natalie 's mom, astrologer Righter who regulary adviced Natalie and rj have had a premonition of danger.
The skipper behaviour is strange
After Natalie' death, Jill and rj speedly got together, they spent Christmas week 1982 with family, they were together with the girls when they discovered rj' new house:(Jill helped them decorate the house ),they began started living together end 1985 and a question : if rj have had an affair before Natalie'drowing it could be one with Jill,afterall they shotted Hart to Hhart's pilot together

Jocelyne
i don't think anyone was having an affair with anyone. i think that after natalie died rj was needy and jill saw that and made her move. i can't stand her....ever since she was a teenager she went after men with money yet she boasts about how independent she is...

Patricia
Patricia

October 11th, 2005, 4:18 pm #7

Yeah--like how she was latched onto Henry Kissinger for dear life.

Jocelyne
Jocelyne

October 13th, 2005, 10:47 am #8

There are a lot of people who wonder why RJ got together with Jill so soon after Natalie's death and why he 'chose' her rather than Stefanie. Before I get to the theories I've come across over the years, let's get one thing straight. RJ's relationship with Jill wasn't in any way serious until at least 1985 or 1986.

1 RJ wasn't interested in a relationship with Stefanie - This theory has been demolished by RJ himself in a number of interviews, where he's stated quite clearly (when asked) that he was interested in persuing a relationship with Stefanie after Natalie's death.
2 Stefanie wasn't interested in a relationship with RJ - Much more probable. Stefanie has always been a free spirit, who enjoys her independence. It's entirely possible that she didn't want a relationship with RJ where she'd have been 'tied down' with a husband and step-kids.
3 RJ felt that a relationship with Stefanie would be impossible because they would spend the rest of their lives living in the shadow of Natalie's (and Bill Holden's) death - This theory is mentioned in the book 'Natalie & RJ' by Warren G Harris. It does make sense, but as RJ's role in Natalie's death is still speculated upon 24 years down the line, forgoing a relationship with Stefanie didn't help the situation.
4 Jill used some kind of pressure (or blackmail) to get RJ and subsequently keep him - There are quite a few people who subscribe to this theory. It's certainly a possibility (and there have been instances where RJ's behavior, with Jill's backing, has been out of character) though there is no concrete evidence to back it up.
5 RJ genuinely loved/loves Jill - possible, but more likely he turned to her as a friend and she just never went away. From what I've read/heard about this relationship, it doesn't come across as one based on passion and love.

Basically, no-one (outside of RJ and Jill) knows the full story as to why they got together and stayed together. All we can do is speculate.

BTW - One telling fact is that, unlike Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward (whose long and enduring marriage is constantly commented upon as being strong, loving and long lasting), RJ and Jill's marriage doesn't attract similar comments.

Joanne
i think you're right. Jill seems to be more in love with her husband than he is. He doesn't wear wedding ring from his marriage to Jill although he wore his wedding ring during his marriage to Natalie and even after her death.
Jocelyne

August 12th, 2011, 3:34 am #9

Joanne
Anyone know where I can find those interviews where RJ mentions having an interest in Stefanie???

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 12th, 2011, 12:55 pm #10

He never made a statement even close to what this fantasy fan claimed. Like most of Wagner's fans. she sees what she wants to see. These people claim to be authorities on Wagner and Powers but they don't see that they had NOTHING in common, not a match made in heaven. They are not Jonathan and Jennifer. This is hysterical!

Confirmation of reply: