Maybe Rivers Death wasnt the worst that could happen...

Maybe Rivers Death wasnt the worst that could happen...

Silvertear
Silvertear

April 29th, 2005, 6:37 pm #1

Hi everyone.
The last days I pondered a lot about River Phoenix and other, unfamous people who died of drugs. Their deaths were unnecessary, but maybe not the worst could happen.
If you take drugs, you (or most of the drugtakers) just want to destruct yourself and your f*cking feelings.
Well, the first day you kill your feelings.
The next day you kill your authority and the day after you kill your friends.
The next day you kill yourself.
River wouldn't have been an exeption. He loved his family and his family loved him, but my unfamous friends who died in a similar way also did this, but one day they had no more any control about their doing. even me sometimes felt losing the control. Do you understand me? He died before he could hurt his friends, and maybe that was the best way. Coz if he had taken drugs to kill his bad feelings, he would never have gone to withdrawal. Sorry, im not very well in english, so I can't say what i really think, but:
River took H and most of H- takers can't live with no-H-takers. They just can make them to the next H- generation.

I DON'T WANT TO SAY, THAT RIVERS DEATH WAS OKAY!
I just try to... I dont know, but for ME, Death is liberty (paradox...!) and hurting your friends and family is just a way between life and death, coz you know, you dont want to hurt them, but you can't alter it.
Please don't sentence me of my words. Just try to understand me.

ICU
ICU

April 29th, 2005, 9:16 pm #2

Hi Silvertear!

I hear you . You say "H" ...what part of Europe are you from? I'm guessing a German derivation, but let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Irene
Irene

April 30th, 2005, 1:34 pm #3

I understand,but who knows why he took it,only his closest friends MAYBE know the right reason,we can only guess...maybe he didnt even know it was heroin...maybe he was under a lot of pressure,or unhappy with things only he knew...however,it shoulnd`t have happened

p.s.sorry,my english is not the best either

Silvertear
Silvertear

April 30th, 2005, 2:59 pm #4

Yes, its german and yes, we don't know, why he took it. Maybe even myself didn't know this, but the aftermaths aren't constrained of the reasons...

Ashley
Ashley

May 2nd, 2005, 1:37 pm #5

he probably was feeling some way and no one would listen...so he thought drugs were a way out! If I was his friend I would have listened and helped him get off drugs. He hated the media and he was getting upset abiout his job. He had one quote "I'm having a hard time keeping my head above water in this business" Hello that should give someone a clue something is wrong! It's a shame what happen. I"d be a wrek if I seen him die. When his brother acts you can see River shine right through him! I'm suprised he even started acting after seeing his brother like that. I would have gone crazy! But I guess he finished his brothers dream for him! Oh yea, I wonder what were they doing when river went into the bathroom!? ANd what river said what he was gonna do. I know that they had to know he did drugs cuz he did it for 2 years. Wow, that's crazy he only made it 2 years after starting drugs!

Silvertear
Silvertear

May 2nd, 2005, 6:57 pm #6

Believe me, it's no miracle, if nobody saw his drug problem for 2 years. Where should they have seen it?!

Tracey
Tracey

May 12th, 2005, 3:39 am #7

Hi everyone.
The last days I pondered a lot about River Phoenix and other, unfamous people who died of drugs. Their deaths were unnecessary, but maybe not the worst could happen.
If you take drugs, you (or most of the drugtakers) just want to destruct yourself and your f*cking feelings.
Well, the first day you kill your feelings.
The next day you kill your authority and the day after you kill your friends.
The next day you kill yourself.
River wouldn't have been an exeption. He loved his family and his family loved him, but my unfamous friends who died in a similar way also did this, but one day they had no more any control about their doing. even me sometimes felt losing the control. Do you understand me? He died before he could hurt his friends, and maybe that was the best way. Coz if he had taken drugs to kill his bad feelings, he would never have gone to withdrawal. Sorry, im not very well in english, so I can't say what i really think, but:
River took H and most of H- takers can't live with no-H-takers. They just can make them to the next H- generation.

I DON'T WANT TO SAY, THAT RIVERS DEATH WAS OKAY!
I just try to... I dont know, but for ME, Death is liberty (paradox...!) and hurting your friends and family is just a way between life and death, coz you know, you dont want to hurt them, but you can't alter it.
Please don't sentence me of my words. Just try to understand me.
I would say that river phoenix tooks drugs to help him cope. I am not famous and cant say for certain, but the pressures associated with the "Famous" lifestyle must be overwhelming, at least for river and many other celebrities who have died from overdosing on drugs. To these celebrities at first the drugs are probably a coping mechanism and probably seem harmless, but the problem with drugs is that you build up a tolerance and need more and more till the point where you seriously hurt yourself or even die. I would presume that river started on the "softer drugs" such as marijuana and it escalated from there. Most people who are drug takers, tend to feel invincible, and mixing drugs with alcohol is a definite no no, but it probably seems harmless at that time or they are too "strung out" to notice.
I can still remember the day river died, I was shocked at the news, particularly at the fact it was a drug overdose, as he seemed so clean cut and cared about people, the environment, animals (vegetarian) and other similar things, you don't expect someone like this to die from such a thing, but ultimately things like this do happen whether you are famous or not. It is just such a shame and waste to die at the age of 23 years old, he had a great future in front of him, and I believe that had he been able to reach his true potential, then he would have been one of the top stars in Hollywood. Everyone makes mistakes I guess, the rich and famous are no exception, you just hope you "live" to see your mistakes. I hope river rests in peace.

ashley
ashley

May 12th, 2005, 5:20 pm #8

yea, I thought that too. but someone told me hello everyone has stress and you don't see them taking drugs. Everyone is just making excuses for river! I mean sure the Famous Lifestyle has to be harder with the media in your business all the time and yea you are always worrying about things like how is this movie gonna turn out and yea it's probably hard because you can't be yourself, you have to be what everyone wants to see and you gotta play your characters! YOu know what though how many other people died from over doses and we pay no mind to them. what attracts us so much to river? I already know but lets see what you gotta say about it!

Silvertear
Silvertear

May 13th, 2005, 6:33 pm #9

I don't know much about River, i've never seen him in a movie. But I think hes interesting coz hes family always was with him and nevertheless he put his life away... yeah, anywhere i can understand this, but his family still cries for him- why could he accept this?

ashley
ashley

May 25th, 2005, 5:24 pm #10

look there are 2 sides to river one we seen "good-Boy" and the side we don't except the night of his death we seen part of the other side! YOu really can't explain it. But it's not my place to tell you about someone eles life because I'm not certain myself because we all know media likes to lie so we don't know whats true!

Confirmation of reply: