Mailing group

Mailing group

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 12th, 2008, 7:20 am #1

Check this..
The other board is starting a mailing group. You must be APPROVED before you can join. And this is based on IP addresses and I'm assuming other factors too. It looks like Mr. Beal will be doing the approval process.

While there are many problems with this, I want to address one that affects me and may affect others.

If you use a service such as MSN or AOL, everytime you sign in you are given an IP number. With these particular services the IP number can be different each time you sign in.

I'll give you an example:
With their new protocol, I could be banned although I've never posted anything antagonisitic or untrue. If someone else using MSN/AOL has posted something vile and I happen to sign on and am assigned an IP that corresponds with theirs (once upon a time), I'm mud in their eyes.

I know this because there are times when I've even tried to post on this very board and get a message saying I'm not allowed to post. I then just sign off and sign on again (getting another IP assigned) and I'm good to post. Interesting in that there is censorship on this board too, and innocent people are being kept from posting who did nothing wrong.

So, here we go. They'll have another little elite group (like the classmates) and share their stories and gossip behind the scenes. Actually I kind of find this funny. Not sure why, but I do.

And while I don't want to see anyone cry, the woman on the other board and her husband do need to get a grip. That's just insane.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 12th, 2008, 7:42 am #2

Re: Carla

I'm really baffled by this. I heard she started off being very nasty to JSL and he tried his best to befriend her. She finally came to her senses and realized he meant no harm. They became friends.

Her posts to this board and the other board were always very brief (kind of like one-liners) and were not negative or attacking in any way. Actually they were totally uninformative.

Suddenly someone going by "Carla" posted a few foul things. This was not the same poster as the original Carla (I thought). It just didn't sound like the same person. As a matter of fact, the real Carla (I thought) came on here and said there was a Carla imposter and she was fed-up and leaving.
In the meantime, Neil believes the imposter IS Carla and that Carla has turned completely evil.

Since and when all this happened, Carla was attacked on this forum and banned on the other. All the while I'm thinking how unfair because someone had hijacked her nym.

This is just my point of view from the way it all went down. Actually, I'm sorry we lost Carla.

And another thing about the other board...
I have not and will not participate there because of their policies regarding IP's along with what happened to Carla. I worry that I could be blamed for writing something I did not. And I think and hope that they in fact jumped to conclusions where Carla was concerned.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 12th, 2008, 3:01 pm #3

Check this..
The other board is starting a mailing group. You must be APPROVED before you can join. And this is based on IP addresses and I'm assuming other factors too. It looks like Mr. Beal will be doing the approval process.

While there are many problems with this, I want to address one that affects me and may affect others.

If you use a service such as MSN or AOL, everytime you sign in you are given an IP number. With these particular services the IP number can be different each time you sign in.

With their new protocol, I could be banned although I've never posted anything antagonisitic or untrue. If someone else using MSN/AOL has posted something vile and I happen to sign on and am assigned an IP that corresponds with theirs (once upon a time), I'm mud in their eyes.

I know this because there are times when I've even tried to post on this very board and get a message saying I'm not allowed to post. I then just sign off and sign on again (getting another IP assigned) and I'm good to post. Interesting in that there is censorship on this board too, and innocent people are being kept from posting who did nothing wrong.

So, here we go. They'll have another little elite group (like the classmates) and share their stories and gossip behind the scenes. Actually I kind of find this funny. Not sure why, but I do.

And while I don't want to see anyone cry, the woman on the other board and her husband do need to get a grip. That's just insane.
I beg to differ in regards to the classmates,Butt out is quite an open book on here,I do not think the old classmates feel elite.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 12th, 2008, 3:06 pm #4

Re: Carla

I'm really baffled by this. I heard she started off being very nasty to JSL and he tried his best to befriend her. She finally came to her senses and realized he meant no harm. They became friends.

Her posts to this board and the other board were always very brief (kind of like one-liners) and were not negative or attacking in any way. Actually they were totally uninformative.

Suddenly someone going by "Carla" posted a few foul things. This was not the same poster as the original Carla (I thought). It just didn't sound like the same person. As a matter of fact, the real Carla (I thought) came on here and said there was a Carla imposter and she was fed-up and leaving.
In the meantime, Neil believes the imposter IS Carla and that Carla has turned completely evil.

Since and when all this happened, Carla was attacked on this forum and banned on the other. All the while I'm thinking how unfair because someone had hijacked her nym.

This is just my point of view from the way it all went down. Actually, I'm sorry we lost Carla.

And another thing about the other board...
I have not and will not participate there because of their policies regarding IP's along with what happened to Carla. I worry that I could be blamed for writing something I did not. And I think and hope that they in fact jumped to conclusions where Carla was concerned.
You are right about everything you have posted,very right.Clear to anyone who is logical.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2008, 12:17 am #5

I beg to differ in regards to the classmates,Butt out is quite an open book on here,I do not think the old classmates feel elite.
I fail to see your point..

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 14th, 2008, 7:58 pm #6

Check this..

Boy, did that guy put his foot in his mouth! No, it wasn't an effort to create an elitist group, just to help Mrs. Cathcart with her email problems, there already was an email group that Larochelle answered but he is not currently available to respond to those emails which have taken on an avalanche like downpour because of what is happening here.

Anyway let me apologize to everyone as I am unable to handle the volume of requests from the Quick Topic Anissa and Paul board! Looking back now I should not have made that offer, but I sincerely thought it would only be a core of 20 to 30 people not the over 700 who have responded so far!

I hope I didn't hurt anyone’s feelings and ask your forgiveness!

Wm. B'

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 14th, 2008, 8:39 pm #7

Are you Michael Beals that usto work at Marina Market in the 70's.

Confirmation of reply: