Just saw trains planes and automobiles for the 20th time;)

Just saw trains planes and automobiles for the 20th time;)

Jesse C
Jesse C

September 18th, 2010, 5:13 am #1

I think john candy was a really funny guy. I've just seen one
Of his funniest movies, trains planes and automobiles. It was just as funny as the first time, that I saw it.

Michelle R.
Michelle R.

May 4th, 2015, 7:45 am #2

This has always been our family's favorite John Candy, and Steve Martin movie. Great chemistry. The only draw back we ever saw, was the car rental scene, which my brothers have taped on VHS and edited that part out, making it a PG movie for us. It is traditional in our family to watch this every year during Thanksgiving or Christmas. I miss John Candy, and know the movie so well we often do lines of the movie back and forth, especially with the dog and the glove scene, especially when we get an occasional cold snap here, and it is minus 7 wind chill. Then we have fun quoting those lines. When we have bad things happen, we stop and laugh afterwards, "we can laugh about it now, 'cause we're okay." We are thinking of the car going up in flames after they have almost both been killed. Yeah I have had some close calls where I have almost died, and so have several family members. We try to see the humor in each situation, and not lose our cool. Humor always helps, that and a deep faith in God. Rest in peace John. Michelle R. Oregon USA

Confirmation of reply: