I wish there were more poeple like River Phoenix

I wish there were more poeple like River Phoenix

Jacqui
Jacqui

October 24th, 2005, 2:48 am #1

I just really wish there were more peopl like him. He wanted world peace, he was a vegetarion, like he said " I can't help and care for all the animals that are with other people... but I can help and care for the ones that are around me. " I loved that... he was such a sweetie! His family is so loving, and so supportive. If he were still alive, he would make GREAT! movies, I mean the best movies anyone has ever seen. I miss him. I wish I had a mily like his.

Ally
Ally

October 24th, 2005, 8:21 am #2

Um, Im not sure If you realised, but a lot of people in this world are vegetarians, environmentalists, animals lovers and so on, so what makes them so different from River. I am so sick of this nonscence, it is all about River's looks, and that is really sad. I am an animal lover, I wish I could do more for the environment like a lot of people, I want world peace and so on! But why do you wish there were more people like River? There are so many more people out there with those qualities River had and even more, you just wish they looked like him.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 24th, 2005, 12:45 pm #3

Pretty insiteful Ally.

October 24th, 2005, 4:32 pm #4

Ive noticed that ppl cant even give an opinion on here anymore.
I mean that msg didnt hurt anyone so I dont understand the backlash.
It would be different if the poor girl said she humped a horse or something...but she didnt. She just voiced her opinion on River and she gets knocked down.

Sorry but I dont think its neccessary.

xxx

Anon
Anon

October 24th, 2005, 5:49 pm #5

Ant, I don't think Ally was dishing out backlash. She was just pointing out the fact that too many young girls are overly infatuated with River because of hsi looks and incorrectly assume that he was some kind of beautiful angel.

Wishing there were more people like River would nto necessarily be a good thing. Do we really need more movie stars who abuse amd overdose on drugs? i think we already have too many of these right now.

Ally
Ally

October 24th, 2005, 9:00 pm #6

Hey Anon,
Thanks, but It's true. Im not back lashing. Backlashing would be calling her an idiot, among other things, but did I do that? No, I simply stated my opinion, so how is that backlashing.

And Anon was right, many young girls, me not included, are just obsessed with Riv's looks and it is really sad because they think his inside beuaty excuses the fact that he died of a drug overdose, and they can shove it off by then sayying the same words over and over,'Environmentalist, Animal Loving Vegetarian'. Yeah, we understand he was those things, but apart from him, how many other people in the world have those beautiful qualities? I mean, River wasn't the only one, but he is getting praised for it even more because he was some big gorgeous movie star, just because he was a movie. If I was all those things and died of a drug overdose, would young girls be obsessing over my death and making excuses for me, excusing the fact that I died of a drug overdose and then young girls saying that they wish there were more drug addicts out there?

October 25th, 2005, 1:11 pm #7

I do agree with you Ally.

I'm not one of those people either. I've been a vegetarian for 13 years but that doesnt mean I should be idolised.
But if this person likes River for his looks, who are we to say it's wrong?
So many actors nowadays are idolised for their looks its unbelievable.
Look at Paris Hilton....she's got NO talent (acting or Singing) but she is idolised bcos she is hot. Imagine if she wasn't.....she would NEVER be getting any media.
We live in that type of world and we cant say that ppl that go along with it are wrong...we are all products of this.

I just think that those ppl should be left alone and us others should just carry on.

x

Becca
Becca

October 25th, 2005, 6:32 pm #8

Both very well said. We are driven as a species by looks, and many of our actors/singers etc are only popular casue if what they offen in the looks dept. River was a good actor though. So I feel people also could see past his looks.

Ally
Ally

October 26th, 2005, 7:30 am #9

To me, River was a good actor, full stop, the looks are a bonus as I like to say.
BTW, Paris Hilton is far from hot. Lol, I cant stand her!!!

Confirmation of reply: