I Wish I Could've Been There

I Wish I Could've Been There

James Canupp
James Canupp

May 16th, 2012, 1:00 pm #1

how often have you wished you could go back in time and saved someone? If you went back to 1976 like that guy in the Terminator, butt naked, how would you convince Anissa when you found her?? after you'd gotten some clothes, of course..

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 16th, 2012, 5:35 pm #2

I'd be all like..."Hey Anissa, put down those reds and that blue Kool-Aid and let's first give Allen a much-needed bath, then let's lock up Helen in a convent, then let's take these 12-and-13-year-olds back to the playground." Then I'd slap some sense into her looney tunes mom.

James Canupp
James Canupp

May 16th, 2012, 11:24 pm #3

yeah, the mom was off her rocker. But Anissa's real friends had mothers that were off their rockers as well. I'd probably put a bullet through Armand Stansburys head and that would save hundreds of kids from being drug addicts.

PDR
PDR

May 17th, 2012, 12:19 am #4

I find this disgusting:

James Canupp
James Canupp

May 17th, 2012, 2:19 am #5

well, at least one of those facebook links shows that a very cosy existence was made through the sale and distribution of drugs. many families without loved ones because of these parasites. too many of Anissa's friends, and L.A. people in general put money way way way before human life and dignity and respect. one might think from perusing the pages of these super-villains, that the good do indeed die young.

...and hopping onboard Kirk Cameron's bandwagon of hate is sad but totally expected. vile.

Chase
Chase

May 17th, 2012, 3:58 am #6

No list of "villains" would be complete with Martin Modiano, the 21-year-old who supplied Allan - and half of PDR/Westchester - with their drugs. He was at Littler Lane that evening.

new york fan
new york fan

May 17th, 2012, 5:08 am #7

how often have you wished you could go back in time and saved someone? If you went back to 1976 like that guy in the Terminator, butt naked, how would you convince Anissa when you found her?? after you'd gotten some clothes, of course..
a very good question and one ive asked myself, but who could have convinced Anissa at that point of changing her ways? she seems to have been in the grip of a frenzy of rebellion. which considering her childhood is understandable.

there's the poster Chris Caffes who claims he was Anissa's new love interest and she was ready to leave Koven and that whole bunch behind her and move in with him, but is that story really true?

her brother Paul succumbed to addiction, Paula became an addict, it's claimed John Paul was a heavy drinker, possibly used drugs, and encouraged Paul to smoke cigarettes; addiction and irresponsible behavior seems to have run in the family.

if Anissa had survived the overdose that night, can anyone claim with dertainty she would never have gone back to drugs and addiction, who can claim she woudn't have ended up like Dana Plato, suffering through decades more of addiction and self-destructive behaviour, leading to a death at 30 or 35 or 40?

if there were a time machine that could take us back to 1976, the only thing that might possibly save Anissa is to put her in that time machine and bring her foward through the morning of 8/28/76, making her view the pitifulness of her vomit drenched body, making her view all the callousness, cowardice, and betrayal of her so called friends. making her experience first hand all the heartbreak her death caused to so many.

Chase
Chase

May 17th, 2012, 5:17 am #8

Wow. Beautifully and eloquently articulated, NYF.

new york fan
new york fan

May 17th, 2012, 5:20 am #9

I'd be all like..."Hey Anissa, put down those reds and that blue Kool-Aid and let's first give Allen a much-needed bath, then let's lock up Helen in a convent, then let's take these 12-and-13-year-olds back to the playground." Then I'd slap some sense into her looney tunes mom.
i genuinely found this funny. thanks for the wit. Anissa's story usually only brings sadness, anger, or the tasteless.

James Canupp
James Canupp

May 17th, 2012, 7:10 am #10

Wow. Beautifully and eloquently articulated, NYF.
what happened to Dana Plato was horrible, but ever read about the last nine years or so of her sons life? holy crap, what a terribly tortured soul he was. hope he is resting in peace because he went through mental torture that was 9 on a 10 scale.

Confirmation of reply: