I Went To The Place She Died.

I Went To The Place She Died.

Claude
Claude

May 21st, 2007, 3:48 am #1

When I arrived it was after dark about 9pm and I parked across the street. I got out of my car carrying a Mrs. Beasley doll I had picked up and was going to leave as a memorial to Anissa. As I got about halfway to the door a car pulled into the driveway and a man and woman got out. The woman upon seeing the doll in my hand started screaming and shouting about nuts and kooks and the guy came up to me in a very threatening manner and told me to get the hell out of their yard or he was going to call the cops. I tried explaining the whole thing to him but when I did the woman started screaming louder so I figured I had better leave.
All I was trying to do was leave the doll on the front porch as a memorial to Anissa and they about had a cow over the whole thing. It's not like I was out to hurt anyone.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 22nd, 2007, 4:03 am #2

Larochelle had a real good post about a driving tour of L.A. and Oceanside and he gave a BIG warning about not bothering the Oceanside family! (Through personal contact, I was told.) Anissa was a bad memory, but worse still was Helen who had lived in that house and died young of aids. She (Helen) had a screwy life due to her early experience with Anissa and death and drugs etc.

Wm B

Claude
Claude

May 22nd, 2007, 5:00 am #3

I didn't go to the house to contact anyone but to leave the Mrs. Beasley doll on the porch as a memorial to Annissa. When the man and woman pulled up and saw me with the doll they just went crazy with the woman screaming about nutcases and kooks. I honestly thought that the guy was going to punch me. I tried to explain about my intentions but the woman just started screaming louder and the man got madder so I left.

Mark
Mark

May 22nd, 2007, 5:32 pm #4

All good intentions aside there Claude but if I came home after dark one night and found a grown man wandering around my house holding a Mrs. Beasley doll I'd freak out too and I don't even live in the house that Anissa Jones Od'd in.

Hell Dude.....you're lucky you didn't get shot or beat up!

M.
M.

May 22nd, 2007, 9:57 pm #5

That's exactly what I was thinking. A man, with a doll, in my yard. I'd start screaming my head off too.
I'm sure there are better ways to memorialize Anissa. Maybe a donation to a charity she would've liked (an animal charity), or a drug rehab program in her name. Even a condolence card to her Mother.
Just a thought.
But I'm sure those would be much more appreciated than wandering around a private drive with a Mrs. Beasley doll in your hand, not to mention the fright at coming home to find such a thing.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 23rd, 2007, 1:24 am #6

Her favorite charity was Jerry Lewis' MDA Labor Day Telethon, which she appeared on. The Davey Jones letter was mostly about getting him and possibly other members of the Monkees to consider appearing. The Hennessey family and friends (including the current owner of the Littler Lane house) do not want contact in regard to Helen or Anissa. As I recall Mrs. Jones wants her privacy respected as well.

Finally she HATED that damned doll!

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 23rd, 2007, 1:37 am #7

If Anissa's spirit lingers here on Earth it would be in the jungle near Montreal St. in Playa del Rey.

Many years ago someone wove wild flowers around the outlet from the jungle on her birthday (11MAR).

It was after Paul had died, no one seems to know who did it and no one from the old group would take credit for it.

When the flowers started to wilt they took them all down again at night and they were gone as quickly as they had appeared.

There was a girl that lived right next door to Anissa that used to make wild flower head wear way back then so maybe it was her.

In my old age I can't remember her name.

She and Anissa used to sneek up to Paula's renter's place and smoke his dope with him.

Horace
Horace

May 25th, 2007, 7:21 pm #8

When I arrived it was after dark about 9pm and I parked across the street. I got out of my car carrying a Mrs. Beasley doll I had picked up and was going to leave as a memorial to Anissa. As I got about halfway to the door a car pulled into the driveway and a man and woman got out. The woman upon seeing the doll in my hand started screaming and shouting about nuts and kooks and the guy came up to me in a very threatening manner and told me to get the hell out of their yard or he was going to call the cops. I tried explaining the whole thing to him but when I did the woman started screaming louder so I figured I had better leave.
All I was trying to do was leave the doll on the front porch as a memorial to Anissa and they about had a cow over the whole thing. It's not like I was out to hurt anyone.
Claude,

Your posts make you seem like an intelligent guy. Why in the world would you go to the house this poor woman died in? She was famous at one time in her life. She died a poor and pathetic junkie. This is the fact.
You people are associating a CHARACTER she played on TELEVISION with the person she REALLY was. It is sad but true. Claude, you need to transfer your love of television into something more constructive. Have yoy ever had a relationship with a woman? Have you ever kissed a woman. It is time for you to step into reality.

Claude
Claude

May 25th, 2007, 8:32 pm #9

Horace,
I have to kissed a woman before and the reason I went to the house to leave the doll was only as tribute to her character because of my love for the show Family Affair.
She was NOT a pathetic junkie as you said but only a good loving girl that made a serious mistake and fell in with the wrong crowd.

Max
Max

June 11th, 2012, 7:22 am #10

Jesus Holy Christ. If it had been me and I saw some kook wandering around my house with damn Mrs. Beasley doll I would probably shoot him!

You really got off easy in my opinion.

Confirmation of reply: