I still miss river every day

I still miss river every day

November 9th, 2006, 11:01 am #1

Hi there I'm new to this forum & I just wanted to say that I am a river fan too,I have been since I saw him in jimmy reardon & have worshipped him ever since!
I don't know about you people but whenever I watch a film of river or documentary I alway's start to cry,just the other day I happened to switch on the tv & 'I love you to death' was on & as soon as his beautiful face filled the screen I could feel myself choking up!!!
does this have the same effect on any of you on here?
I still find it hard to come to term's with the fact that he died from an overdose & I don't think I ever will.

Thank you for reading thisxxx

November 9th, 2006, 8:39 pm #2

I think a lot of people grieve in different way's.....it is very sad that river died way before his time but I also think he led a good life for much of it!.....I tend to go by the saying it's the quality of life that he led that matter's rather than the quantity!!

November 9th, 2006, 11:44 pm #3

There will be a day my friend when there will be no sad farewells, no tear stained eyes, where all is love, joy, and peace.
And where the soul of man never dies.

November 10th, 2006, 2:52 pm #4

Hi there I'm new to this forum & I just wanted to say that I am a river fan too,I have been since I saw him in jimmy reardon & have worshipped him ever since!
I don't know about you people but whenever I watch a film of river or documentary I alway's start to cry,just the other day I happened to switch on the tv & 'I love you to death' was on & as soon as his beautiful face filled the screen I could feel myself choking up!!!
does this have the same effect on any of you on here?
I still find it hard to come to term's with the fact that he died from an overdose & I don't think I ever will.

Thank you for reading thisxxx
I miss river too.He had such a huge impact on my life and I shall never forget him and I hope that one day I will meet him in the spirit world to tell him how special he really was.

November 17th, 2006, 10:29 am #5

That's a really sweet thing to say nordicgirl!

November 20th, 2006, 8:38 pm #6

Thank you riverfan.

Confirmation of reply: