I'd just like to know what happened

I'd just like to know what happened

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 6th, 2006, 10:49 pm #1

Not to complain about those who are complaining about her friends and classmates; I was there and saw what was posted on the christmass board and I think they are right even if I did get froze out!

It looks like we are so much closer now to what happened in her final days, I'd like to know from those that really now have some kinda clue! What happened to her why was she so self destructive? JSL (or Don) you said that she wasn't depressed and suicidal I'd like to hear from you then, what's the story! No mean spirited feelings to BKOH I was a fan of his from the old forum, but I want to know what her neighbors and piers knew! What was her mood like that summer, how could such an intellegent girl total blow her senior year in high school, why where her relationships so flawed, was it all just a stupid accident? I guess she didn't see the trainwreck coming or did she?

And dont complain about a long post, let it be long! By the way the other stuff that was supposed to get posted on the 30th aniversery did that get dropped or do I smell a veto from the others? Thanx

JSL
JSL

September 7th, 2006, 4:03 am #2

My better half will get quite a kick out of you asking me to be long winded! In fact she will be amazed!

But 16 hour days have caught up to me and I'm going to rest but will not forget you and will answer all of your questions on my next post...

Forgive a tired ol' man...

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 7th, 2006, 4:26 am #3

Not to complain about those who are complaining about her friends and classmates; I was there and saw what was posted on the christmass board and I think they are right even if I did get froze out!

It looks like we are so much closer now to what happened in her final days, I'd like to know from those that really now have some kinda clue! What happened to her why was she so self destructive? JSL (or Don) you said that she wasn't depressed and suicidal I'd like to hear from you then, what's the story! No mean spirited feelings to BKOH I was a fan of his from the old forum, but I want to know what her neighbors and piers knew! What was her mood like that summer, how could such an intellegent girl total blow her senior year in high school, why where her relationships so flawed, was it all just a stupid accident? I guess she didn't see the trainwreck coming or did she?

And dont complain about a long post, let it be long! By the way the other stuff that was supposed to get posted on the 30th aniversery did that get dropped or do I smell a veto from the others? Thanx
well, someone mentioned 'Lifeguard' recently.. and I think that film's character, played by Sam Shepherd, gives a pretty good insight into how someone as intelligent as Paul, and to a lesser but still significant extent Anissa, abandoned greater ambitions in life in order to just be part of the scenery.. a deliberate and calculated blending in with the background in favor of being thrust into the limelight.

September 7th, 2006, 8:52 pm #4

a very intelligent observation....and if you know the story of the Windsors....A king who gave up The Crown of England in order to be with his true love...the reverberations go even deeper.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 8th, 2006, 1:37 am #5

well, someone mentioned 'Lifeguard' recently.. and I think that film's character, played by Sam Shepherd, gives a pretty good insight into how someone as intelligent as Paul, and to a lesser but still significant extent Anissa, abandoned greater ambitions in life in order to just be part of the scenery.. a deliberate and calculated blending in with the background in favor of being thrust into the limelight.
Not critisizing your post at all, but actually Paul wasn't a very good student at all. Good heart mind you. Anissa on the other hand was a straight A student, until she didn't want to be...

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 8th, 2006, 1:41 am #6

Paul did not excel as a regular school student, but he did do well indeed at Lumbleau real estate school.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 8th, 2006, 1:44 am #7

Plus, fans like BKOH highlight the positive aspects of Paul whilst class'mates' recycle whatever has been said about Allan Koven and slap it onto Paul as a means of distancing themselves from the responsibility they played in hastening his demise.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 8th, 2006, 1:54 am #8

a very intelligent observation....and if you know the story of the Windsors....A king who gave up The Crown of England in order to be with his true love...the reverberations go even deeper.
Steve Hanford said that was the book she was doing a report on for Del Rey Continuation, (the alternative school, near Westchester,) but yeah she did pick it from what else was available. I wouldn't make Brian's mistake and read way too much into that tho...

Not trying to be argumentative, but that book and this movie Lifeguard have some awful long legs for having nothing to do with Anissa or Paul Jones.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 8th, 2006, 2:03 am #9

Plus, fans like BKOH highlight the positive aspects of Paul whilst class'mates' recycle whatever has been said about Allan Koven and slap it onto Paul as a means of distancing themselves from the responsibility they played in hastening his demise.
N-O-N-E of the people that were with her when she died are members of the private forum, in fact Carla is N-O-T welcome there,nor is her slot on earth appreciated!

JSL has been sending out tons personal e-mails asking us not to respond to attacks on old PDR and Westchester acquaintances even calling in Bobby, but you seem hell bent on destruction padre.

Your knowledge of your subject matter however is somewhat less than you IQ which you so brilliantly polish and exhibit as an empty shoe box. (Weren’t you working on a movie or surf site or something?)

JSL
JSL

September 8th, 2006, 3:30 am #10

I am doing this late and after a long day, so forgive me if I make any silly mistakes, I’ll ask Bobby to check it over for me so I’m sure he’ll catch anything I’ll miss due to fatigue.

The last days article and a few other posts are waiting on a new Website.

She could push her relationships and make life as a young couple difficult on young boys. She wanted a life partner and was mature far beyond her age when it came to the desire and capacity for love. By the same token she changed tastes like she changed shoes! The culture of the day was not geared to monogamy, but I think Don hit it on the head that she had feelings for one or two special boys that were not good relationship material but could easily pull her from her current relationship when they needed something. She needed to be needed and she was in love with love.

That summer she traveled and spent money a lot! (Not her usual M.O.) She got an apartment in San Diego for Belinda and Rodney and loved spending time down there. (I’m guessing it was a whole new life for her, replete with the anonymity she so desperately wanted.) Belinda had run away with home and Anissa got the apartment for them.

Anissa really wasn’t suicidal or abnormally depressed in her last month. (She did have a problem with depression but it seems environmental, she was depressed that she messed up her High School Graduation, she was depressed about the disagreement/arguments with her Mother she was depressed about Hollywood people and her treatment etc.) But her mood was one of celebration that summer and not a decent into darkness!

She was self-destructive; she ran away, hitch hiked, snuck out stole, and finally dropped out, in the end mixed alcohol with serious drugs. All seem pier inspired or driven though. But cocaine was viewed as a very popular party drug and quaaludes a pillow like down for the cocaine. Angle Dust just added a kick to dope and the reds where a total mistake (that she incorrectly thought were just quaalude substitutes.)

She fell into the crowd mentality of partying to excess. I asked one of Laura Shellhorn’s (Allen Koven’s girlfriend after Anissa,) old boyfriends about the drugs and alcohol at the Beach in L.A. during that time and I was shocked when I finally realized that they really thought that was how you enjoyed yourself and how it was supposed to be! When someone died and others did die; they would strangely disconnect themselves from it and go on partying. They felt grief, but attributed the loss to poor luck instead of selfish gratification. He was actually more than amazed when I even mentioned that the real world would have a problem with 13 years olds being provided drugs and alcohol! The Doors had a line about ‘strangers in a desperate land and all the children are insane’ I wonder if the drug subculture in L.A. wasn’t his direct inspiration!

Though I can’t mention her name (for obvious reasons,) I had the occasion to talk to a girl from Westchester (a babysitter in fact,) who bragged that her parents were so understanding of her personal space that she and her friends were allowed to go and see Susan Atkins (one of the Manson Family murderers,) dancing topless in Anton LaVay's Witches' Sabbath!

The kids had way too much money, way too little supervision and adults that wanted to be their friends not their parents!

You and I look at this and shake our heads, but life at the beach in the 1970s was that way and to some it was fatal.

Had Paula been left alone and not drug into court and scrutinized by Judges and Psychiatrists (and Mother in Law,) she would have laid a red ass down on the little boy and girl and doled out the consistent discipline that they needed. But that is not how it went! Not so surprisingly I read what she said about the kids back in ’72 and she was exactly right about their behavior! Had the courts followed up on their Father’s parenting they would have been removed from his control.

Anissa wanted to be out on her own, she wanted to party and the only graduation she wanted in late August 1976 was into cocaine and quaaludes. That decision cost her her life. Did the drugs affect her ability to make decisions, yes, but she had been making horribly inappropriate decisions about friends, behavior and drugs since 1972. Way past the pale of healthy rebellion.

In the end her lifestyle did her in and yes, it was a terrible miscalculation and an accidental overdose.

Sadly the more I look into her, the more I see a normal, intelligent little girl who got crushed by a secret life revolving around her own way, complete with drugs and alcohol. Money, her career, her Father and some friends did her no good at all! But in the end it was bad decisions and an accident.

She said she would get her High School Equivalency Certificate and attend College in time, but did not want to go to the UCLA school for the performing arts as many wanted her to do, (including Brian Keith and probably Kathy Garver,) but wanted instead to work with animals and get a degree like her Mom’s.

Jerome Scott Larochelle

Confirmation of reply: