How did Anissa wind up in Oceanside?

How did Anissa wind up in Oceanside?

lindsay
lindsay

November 19th, 2008, 1:27 am #1

She was living in Playa Del Rey which is at least two hours north of Oceanside...and how does a former big-named celebrity wind up in this low-class trash town full of junkyards, pawn shops and bars which is hours away from LA? I live in Oceanside and I honestly can't picture a star like Anissa sinking down so low as to come down here and do drugs with a low life who calls himself "Butch". I thought she had more class than that.

Did she know somebody in Oceanside or something? And if so then how? Forgive me if this is an obvious question but I know only about Anissa's celebrity years on "Family Affair". I don't really know much about her post-celebrity years. I just really can't picture this talented, intelligent girl full of potential destroying her life in this low-class area with a person called "Butch". I have no idea who "Butch" is but I can tell by that nickname that he's a lowlife.

ANYWAYS can someone please explain why Anissa was in Oceanside???? THANKS

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 19th, 2008, 6:39 am #2

Wow. Another inquiring mind that wants to know!. From what I gather, she was there because of a "friend" she met while in juvenile detention, a certain "Helen Hennessey". Helen's father was a fireman at the local military base and would be away for days at a time. Anissa and her so-called "friends" got together at Helen's (Helen was all of 14 or 15 at the time, mind you) for a so-called "party". Anissa and her pals (according to the police report) drove up to the party where Anissa allegedly overdosed that night on a toxic cocktail of Seconal, PCP, Cocaine and most likely copious amount of alcohol. The "reds" where obtained from a crooked doctor named "Dr. Moshos" back in the South Bay earlier that day or there abouts. Anissa's "boyfriend" was a well known Playa Del Rey loser named Allan "Butch" Koven. the details of the circumstances surrounding Anissa's supposed "Overdose" are shrouded in mystery and disinformation by several persons that were and were not in Oceanside on the date of her death, and to this day, the people close to her and that scene are either spreading disinformation to save face, or not talking due to their guilty consciences. The facts, or lack of facts surrounding her death and the preponderance of lies, disinformation and falsehoods suggest to the casual observer that her death may not have been solely by her own hand, as the practically immediate ransacking of her apartment suggests that there may have been some devious and nefarious motive in play such as the thieves (her alleged "friends" at the time) searching for her Family Affair money to steal. To this day, very few people are talking, and much of what is said is a ploy to obfuscate the truth in order for certain people to save face. Unfortunately, Anissa surrounded herself with some very bad people who did some very bad things, and it seems they still have a strange guilt complex and will go to almost boundless ends to save face and assuage that guilt. Anissa's tale is very sad and tragic, and what's even worse is that her brother passed away under similar circumstances about 8 years later. So sad. So tragic. What a waste.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 19th, 2008, 7:16 am #3

She was living in Playa Del Rey which is at least two hours north of Oceanside...and how does a former big-named celebrity wind up in this low-class trash town full of junkyards, pawn shops and bars which is hours away from LA? I live in Oceanside and I honestly can't picture a star like Anissa sinking down so low as to come down here and do drugs with a low life who calls himself "Butch". I thought she had more class than that.

Did she know somebody in Oceanside or something? And if so then how? Forgive me if this is an obvious question but I know only about Anissa's celebrity years on "Family Affair". I don't really know much about her post-celebrity years. I just really can't picture this talented, intelligent girl full of potential destroying her life in this low-class area with a person called "Butch". I have no idea who "Butch" is but I can tell by that nickname that he's a lowlife.

Yes, Butch was a lowlife. The lowest of the low mainlining cocaine at the age of 17. Anissa didn't deserve these people at all.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 19th, 2008, 7:55 am #4

Anissa met Helen at her father's mother's house in a retirement/manufactured home community; they were the only young people in the vicinity.

Helen was not in Juvenile Detention with Anissa.

Her father was a federal firefighter at the Naval Ordnance Station in Fallbrook, he asked Anissa to stay with Helen that week while he was on duty and had no clue Anissa was bringing drugs into the mix.

You know when I lived in Northern California I went to look at the Condos on the beach at Oceanside and they were first class. The golfing community that the Hennessey's were a part of was also first class.

Oceanside is no different than most military towns and I don't see why you are so insulting to it! (You must HATE New York and New Jersey, which would be too bad because you be missing out on great places because they had junkyards and pawnshops!)

And Allen Koven who's nick name was Butch was a kid who made mistakes. Anissa made mistakes, I made mistakes, and I'm pretty sure you might have made one in your day too.

Might be more productive to blame his behavior than to condemn him with finality.

Mr. Larochelle says he is a father now and a good one and very regretful for what happened that night in late August 1976.

Hatred name calling and belittling people and places seems a bit heavy don't you think?

Or do you just want to throw darts at other human beings?

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 19th, 2008, 6:36 pm #5

Good to know he turned his life around. He'll have to live with what happened for the rest of his life. Pity.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 20th, 2008, 4:38 am #6

Anissa met Helen at her father's mother's house in a retirement/manufactured home community; they were the only young people in the vicinity.

Helen was not in Juvenile Detention with Anissa.

Her father was a federal firefighter at the Naval Ordnance Station in Fallbrook, he asked Anissa to stay with Helen that week while he was on duty and had no clue Anissa was bringing drugs into the mix.

You know when I lived in Northern California I went to look at the Condos on the beach at Oceanside and they were first class. The golfing community that the Hennessey's were a part of was also first class.

Oceanside is no different than most military towns and I don't see why you are so insulting to it! (You must HATE New York and New Jersey, which would be too bad because you be missing out on great places because they had junkyards and pawnshops!)

And Allen Koven who's nick name was Butch was a kid who made mistakes. Anissa made mistakes, I made mistakes, and I'm pretty sure you might have made one in your day too.

Might be more productive to blame his behavior than to condemn him with finality.

Mr. Larochelle says he is a father now and a good one and very regretful for what happened that night in late August 1976.

Hatred name calling and belittling people and places seems a bit heavy don't you think?

Or do you just want to throw darts at other human beings?
"you might have made one in your day, too"

MY DAY??? WTf...i'm 16...my "day" isnt over yet. i'm younger than anissa was when she died.

and my apologies if you are just SO offended that i made a remark about oceanside. i LIVE in oceanside, off coast highway, in what most people would consider a lower class neighborhood.

and i didn't realize that the area anissa died in was first class. i actually got to see the littler lane house the other day...and it's actually a very pretty area. it's on a mountain that overlooks carlsbad. i just wasn't expecting a bunch of low-life teens to be doing drugs in such a seemingly high class area....but i guess i was wrong. i always assumed that the area anissa died in was some junky area off coast highway near downtown. ok so i was WRONG. big deal.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 20th, 2008, 5:08 am #7

That's o.k. I think you'll find it's just perceptions. I grew up in Minneapolis and I can remember back then thinking what a terribly boring and unattractive place it was (and how embarrassing my family was.) Then I went away to college and did a stint with the Peace Corps. Upon my return home I couldn't believe how much I loved Minneapolis & St. Paul and how much I cherished my family.

Your Oceanside is the home to a VERY valuable asset for us (the Marines!) But we can understand that it might not seem that way to a 16 year old girl. Time changes things. In my case the boy that we couldn't stand back in elementary school turned out to be the most handsome boy in school! He is now one of my best friend's husband and she couldn't be more thrilled about it.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 20th, 2008, 9:47 pm #8

what a sweet story about your friend's husband!
and you're probably right about oceanside. sometimes you just don't know what you've got till it's gone.....my cousins from the midwest come out here and they're always going on and on about how they LOVE oceanside and carlsbad and how it's just such a beautiful place...and i'm just like yeahhh whatever lol...

July 30th, 2012, 8:21 pm #9

That's o.k. I think you'll find it's just perceptions. I grew up in Minneapolis and I can remember back then thinking what a terribly boring and unattractive place it was (and how embarrassing my family was.) Then I went away to college and did a stint with the Peace Corps. Upon my return home I couldn't believe how much I loved Minneapolis & St. Paul and how much I cherished my family.

Your Oceanside is the home to a VERY valuable asset for us (the Marines!) But we can understand that it might not seem that way to a 16 year old girl. Time changes things. In my case the boy that we couldn't stand back in elementary school turned out to be the most handsome boy in school! He is now one of my best friend's husband and she couldn't be more thrilled about it.
Long time lurker, first time post!
Talking about perceptions of places. I still live where I grew up in Texas. I always hated it growing up, but that was until I moved away to college in the 90s. I used to get really homesick. I thought that Austin sucked- I'm not into the music scene, etc...big whoop. I then realized how awesome my hometown is, south of Houston...pretty much to Galveston. My relatives come visit from the deep south and think this is Vegas or something (to them a swimming pool 10 miles away is great!). Back to Cali...I am sure that almost 40 years ago in 1976, Oceanside was a lot "newer looking" and had some flair. I know that now days, from the highway, it just looks like a few old neighborhoods with strip centers and stuff... I have only driven through there once, but that was my first trip to Cali and I remember every detail of the trip.

When reading more into Anissa's death recently, I was very angry. But...kids will be kids. I hope Allan is doing well, and it must suck to have this burden and carry it around. I can't condemn anyone that was there. I was stupid and a lost soul at 18 as well, and did those types of drugs and knew shady people also. I read that many of them are dead now, so I wish the remaining people there some happiness. I hope they are ok.

Heywood Yablowme
Heywood Yablowme

August 1st, 2012, 9:06 pm #10

Wow. Another inquiring mind that wants to know!. From what I gather, she was there because of a "friend" she met while in juvenile detention, a certain "Helen Hennessey". Helen's father was a fireman at the local military base and would be away for days at a time. Anissa and her so-called "friends" got together at Helen's (Helen was all of 14 or 15 at the time, mind you) for a so-called "party". Anissa and her pals (according to the police report) drove up to the party where Anissa allegedly overdosed that night on a toxic cocktail of Seconal, PCP, Cocaine and most likely copious amount of alcohol. The "reds" where obtained from a crooked doctor named "Dr. Moshos" back in the South Bay earlier that day or there abouts. Anissa's "boyfriend" was a well known Playa Del Rey loser named Allan "Butch" Koven. the details of the circumstances surrounding Anissa's supposed "Overdose" are shrouded in mystery and disinformation by several persons that were and were not in Oceanside on the date of her death, and to this day, the people close to her and that scene are either spreading disinformation to save face, or not talking due to their guilty consciences. The facts, or lack of facts surrounding her death and the preponderance of lies, disinformation and falsehoods suggest to the casual observer that her death may not have been solely by her own hand, as the practically immediate ransacking of her apartment suggests that there may have been some devious and nefarious motive in play such as the thieves (her alleged "friends" at the time) searching for her Family Affair money to steal. To this day, very few people are talking, and much of what is said is a ploy to obfuscate the truth in order for certain people to save face. Unfortunately, Anissa surrounded herself with some very bad people who did some very bad things, and it seems they still have a strange guilt complex and will go to almost boundless ends to save face and assuage that guilt. Anissa's tale is very sad and tragic, and what's even worse is that her brother passed away under similar circumstances about 8 years later. So sad. So tragic. What a waste.
a star? you act like she was Elizabeth Taylor.She was just a homely,washed up little druggy skank.She ended up there in oceanside because she was white trash.

Confirmation of reply: