Goodbye Natalie (the REAL Natalie)

Goodbye Natalie (the REAL Natalie)

a pre-reader
a pre-reader

August 6th, 2009, 5:13 am #1

I see some comments in other threads from people who claim to have the manuscript of the new book. I believe two of the claims, because I know the names of several people who were privy to a preview. I am a third reader of the manuscript. To prove it, I will answer the question posed in the other thread about Gregory Peck. Let's just say that I know it wasn't Dennis Davern who chartered that particular cruise, and I love little doggies, too. I answer it only to prove I've read the manuscript and to prove that I am on the level. But that's not what I'm here to talk about.
I want to talk about Natalie Wood here. I learned a lot about her from this new book, and my heart goes out to her, not only for what she endured in life, but also for what she endured in death. Natalie was a wonderfully, happy woman, who never once was selfish about her career. SHe loved her daughters above all else, but wanted to continue her career, and her fans sure wanted that, too. I learned that Natalie is like the rest of us...a real person, with real thoughts and feelings beyond her celebrity life. She was "a trooper" by all means. I really gained respect for this beautiful woman, as I learned that she really seemed to care about finding a comfort zone in life. She cared about people, and people should give her more respect than I see here at this forum. Natalie was a cherished star because those finer qualities in her shone through, even on the big screen. It's why so many of us connected with her. That's what I want to talk about in this thread...and ONLY that. So, please, anyone who can contribute, please do.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 6th, 2009, 5:25 am #2

I have not read the manuscript but I have ordered the book and look forward to reading it, especially after reading all you've written here. This is a beautiful thing you've said about dear Natalie. Thank you.

DBAEAC
DBAEAC

August 6th, 2009, 9:23 am #3

I see some comments in other threads from people who claim to have the manuscript of the new book. I believe two of the claims, because I know the names of several people who were privy to a preview. I am a third reader of the manuscript. To prove it, I will answer the question posed in the other thread about Gregory Peck. Let's just say that I know it wasn't Dennis Davern who chartered that particular cruise, and I love little doggies, too. I answer it only to prove I've read the manuscript and to prove that I am on the level. But that's not what I'm here to talk about.
I want to talk about Natalie Wood here. I learned a lot about her from this new book, and my heart goes out to her, not only for what she endured in life, but also for what she endured in death. Natalie was a wonderfully, happy woman, who never once was selfish about her career. SHe loved her daughters above all else, but wanted to continue her career, and her fans sure wanted that, too. I learned that Natalie is like the rest of us...a real person, with real thoughts and feelings beyond her celebrity life. She was "a trooper" by all means. I really gained respect for this beautiful woman, as I learned that she really seemed to care about finding a comfort zone in life. She cared about people, and people should give her more respect than I see here at this forum. Natalie was a cherished star because those finer qualities in her shone through, even on the big screen. It's why so many of us connected with her. That's what I want to talk about in this thread...and ONLY that. So, please, anyone who can contribute, please do.
OK, First and foremost, I am doing something I said I would not do. I am posting. I am Eduardo Aron Cleaver but notice at times I have used the aka DBAEAC (doing business as Eduardo Aron Cleaver)so in reality "Eduardo" is not posting. (See? I can twist words too including my own!)
To answer the question about the Greg and Veronica Peck cruise. Davern was not on that cruise but let's just say in Dennis' family BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER.
If you are on the level and have read the manuscript and you are over thirty five years old I am sure you will understand that last statement and know exactly what and who I refer too.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 6th, 2009, 10:25 am #4

I recall something that her good friend Richard Benjamin said about her that truly defines what you are talking about. He said, "There wasn't a cell in her body that was not 100% real and with you when you were with her."
After a life in Hollywood there are not too many people who remain "real". I recall another friend saying that when she was sitting with a person at a party her attention focused on that person. She never looked away to see if someone more "important" was entering the room which was very common in Hollywood.
I think this "real" quality was one of the things that endeared her to generations of fans.
There are many new fads, many new faces but she endures. She had something that went straight to your heart---on and off screen.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 6th, 2009, 10:34 am #5

OK, First and foremost, I am doing something I said I would not do. I am posting. I am Eduardo Aron Cleaver but notice at times I have used the aka DBAEAC (doing business as Eduardo Aron Cleaver)so in reality "Eduardo" is not posting. (See? I can twist words too including my own!)
To answer the question about the Greg and Veronica Peck cruise. Davern was not on that cruise but let's just say in Dennis' family BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER.
If you are on the level and have read the manuscript and you are over thirty five years old I am sure you will understand that last statement and know exactly what and who I refer too.
In the story about the Peck cruise we were shown Natalie's fiery side.

DBAEAC
DBAEAC

August 6th, 2009, 10:45 am #6

Yes we were shown the Natalie Fire but we were also shown her great respect for humanity and human life...case in point, a certain instance concerning rough water, RJ, little Natasha and her friend, etc. ...Natalie and RJ are both shown as caring people, void of all Hollywood tinsel in that instance I refer to and those moments are beautifully captured in Rulli's words.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 6th, 2009, 11:02 am #7

That was a touching story. It was in a few magazines when it actually happened but Rulli gave us the entire scenario. It showed the way Natalie thought of others in a situation in which people in her position would think of themselves. It also showed RJ taking total command of his Splendour with Dennis assisting him.

pre-reader
pre-reader

August 6th, 2009, 3:59 pm #8

Okay, good, I see that my two fellow pre-readers are on this thread with me. I know we don't actually know each other but we've obviously read GNGS and know what we are talking about. Our conversation here is obviously full of respect to the author of GNGS...we're saying enough but not giving anything away, and we all recognize the content we are talking about here.
Rulli told me that one of her personal editors asked her once to possibly remove the Peck information, but that even the publisher liked it. I'm glad for that because it shows that Davern cared about people in the same way Natalie cared about people...the two of them were climbing the same mountain so to speak, just on different sides of the mountain. Now, that's only a metaphor for what that chapter contained because the anecdote in GNGS shows how real some Hollywood people truly are. Even Natalie learned something because of the Peck cruise.
As for the other event we're talking about, I was stunned to learn that RJ and Natalie were willing to defer to regular people when it came down to something life-threatening. They seemed to be such a wonderful, thoughful couple...different from your average Tinseltown, ultra-famous couple. I'm glad that Natalie had many happy years.
What I like about GNGS, is that, although I expected a whitewash of Davern's "Splendour years" that's not what Rulli offered. Life is rarely one smooth road. Rulli showed the good, the bad, and the ugly. It rings so true that I have no doubt it all is. There were good times (covered), bad times (covered) and the ugly (covered). Real. Just like life. There's none of all the crazy stuff that has been posted at this forum. GNGS is told straight out. I just wanted to say that because things were getting out of hand here, and I'm glad my two fellow manuscript readers are here to vouch for that. I feel as if I want to protect this new book from the crazy things being said because those crazy things are unnecessary. We finally have something real. Wait and see.

Myron
Myron

August 6th, 2009, 4:34 pm #9

You are all a bunch of liars. The manuscript was read only by two other person other than Rulli and Davern. take your lies somewhere else, we do not believe you.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 6th, 2009, 4:40 pm #10

Myron....LOLOL....alias "vindicator" ,believe what ever you please. This is the best you could do after your big challenge. "Myron" LMAO!

Confirmation of reply: