Formal Request To Remove Trolls

Formal Request To Remove Trolls

Tired_Of_Stupidity
Tired_Of_Stupidity

December 10th, 2009, 6:13 pm #1

Since somebody brought this up in another thread, here's something to send to the forum's owner Frank.

We, the members of this forum, coming from all walks of life, fan groups, and differing opinions, are gathered here today united in a cause that has become very important to each of us: permanently removing the trolls who routinely prey on The Death of Natalie Wood Discussion Forum. We are tired of being ridiculed, subjected to inane quotations of song lyrics, sexual innuendo, sexual suggestions, blatant lies, twisted dilusions, blackmail, identity theft, personal attacks, stalking, libel, having old threads dragged up for the sake of causing trouble, and false claims of superiority. The actions of these people have continuously only served to bring embarrassment to this forum and those who are in it by association. We have tried to remove them on our own to no avail, so now we are turning to you, the owner of this forum, to permanently ban these people from posting or to program this forum to allow only those members who have registered accounts to post. We are not asking that this forum be censored because we respect freedom of speech, but there's a time and place for everything, and this IS the time we speak up and say that it is NOT the place for anyone who doesn't want to take part in civilized discussions surrounding the death of Natalie Wood. Posts filled with "lol" and "Vlad the magnificent" and all of the sexual references that go with them don't belong here, and neither do the people who keep filling our threads with this kind of disrespect. It is disrespectful to us, it is disrespectful to Natalie Wood, and it is disrespectful to you. We want it stopped for good. Will you please help us?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 10th, 2009, 6:14 pm #2

Ditto. To every last word.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 10th, 2009, 6:21 pm #3

It's about time somebody did something like this. Well said Tired_Of_Stupidity! Now we just have to hope that Frank pays attention to it and does something to get rid of the kooks.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 10th, 2009, 7:00 pm #4

Great idea!

Mike
Mike

December 10th, 2009, 7:18 pm #5

It's about time somebody did something like this. Well said Tired_Of_Stupidity! Now we just have to hope that Frank pays attention to it and does something to get rid of the kooks.
Sorry but I do not agree. Now before you all jump all over my post just hear me out. I too am very tired of wading through nonsense but a great thing about this site, it does not censor. All the other groups and sites including IMDB censor. This is the USA where we have Freedom of Speech. This is not a private group or blog where everyone is registered and subject to censor at the drop of a hat. IMDB censors and deletes electronically. No one sits there reading the supposed offending posts. Group moderators who do not agree with members basically send in a lynch mob like they did on the RJ group a few months back when GNGS was released asking members who they think might be the bad apples in the basket. Natpack threw out a person because he went toe to toe with some people and the moderator took sides. Other groups monitor posts before they are posted. Is this what we want here?
The more we feed into this the more they will come back. Ignore and post around.
If that would be the case for censoring posts and deletions then I must be censored too because I've dropped a few curse words on here and I don't agree with certain people who post and I've told them so. One might consider me a troll for doing this just as I might consider the opposition a troll for disagreeing with me.
If we let a few "lol's" or "Vlad is handsome" or some such nonsense get to us then what is next? Do we censor everything we disagree with? I know Sarah Palin would say yes but she does not own this site nor is she our President! (Thank God!) Now, I ask you, should I be censored for that comment? Some will say yes, some no. I agree with the ones who say no.
As long as we are not slandering private innocent individuals a few "lol's" will never get in the way of speaking my mind.

Tired_Of_Stupidity
Tired_Of_Stupidity

December 10th, 2009, 7:33 pm #6

You're right to a degree Mike, so nobody's going to jump all over your post for expressing your honest opinion. As we already know, ignoring them only goes so far and they clearly don't get the message that people don't give a damn about their blogs with "hundreds of millions of members" or whether a particular person is enjoying their sex life. As you've asked many times, what does any of their posts have to do with Natalie Wood and her unfortunate death? With some of the trolls, the opposite is true. This isn't about censoring and I said that in the original post. It's about trying to get rid of the people who are here for no other reason than to spread their filth and piss people off in the process. How much longer should we have to be expected to wade through piles of their crap before saying enough is enough?

Mike
Mike

December 10th, 2009, 8:02 pm #7

Hey Tired,
Thanks for responding.
I know it is crazy trying to sort through legot posts on here because so many people use anonymous. I did too then figured I was complaining about somethiung I was doing too. So we have to sort through all of that then we get the trolls with their crazy crap but I really hate censorship of any kind unless it is slandering a person for no other reason than pure evil.
Why don't we at least try it and instead of anonymous lets use a name and stick with it like the Dan twosome and hartbeat do.Their posts are easy to find. Then we can just ignore the looney toones like the Vladisawhatever group and show them they will never win over decent people.

Tired_Of_Stupidity
Tired_Of_Stupidity

December 10th, 2009, 8:14 pm #8

I'm with you 100% Mike. Thanks for wanting to help make this a place that people want to come for good discussions. Who knows, maybe next week we can talk about another point in the book. The first effort was very successful in showing that this forum is made up of decent people who can agree to disagree and respect each other at the same time.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 10th, 2009, 9:43 pm #9

Hey Tired,
Thanks for responding.
I know it is crazy trying to sort through legot posts on here because so many people use anonymous. I did too then figured I was complaining about somethiung I was doing too. So we have to sort through all of that then we get the trolls with their crazy crap but I really hate censorship of any kind unless it is slandering a person for no other reason than pure evil.
Why don't we at least try it and instead of anonymous lets use a name and stick with it like the Dan twosome and hartbeat do.Their posts are easy to find. Then we can just ignore the looney toones like the Vladisawhatever group and show them they will never win over decent people.
I agree Mike. Neither differing opinions nor contentious statements make one a troll. We're probably beter off just doing the wading ourselves rather than asking for a supreme hand to decide what's best for our own good.

December 10th, 2009, 9:50 pm #10

Sorry but I do not agree. Now before you all jump all over my post just hear me out. I too am very tired of wading through nonsense but a great thing about this site, it does not censor. All the other groups and sites including IMDB censor. This is the USA where we have Freedom of Speech. This is not a private group or blog where everyone is registered and subject to censor at the drop of a hat. IMDB censors and deletes electronically. No one sits there reading the supposed offending posts. Group moderators who do not agree with members basically send in a lynch mob like they did on the RJ group a few months back when GNGS was released asking members who they think might be the bad apples in the basket. Natpack threw out a person because he went toe to toe with some people and the moderator took sides. Other groups monitor posts before they are posted. Is this what we want here?
The more we feed into this the more they will come back. Ignore and post around.
If that would be the case for censoring posts and deletions then I must be censored too because I've dropped a few curse words on here and I don't agree with certain people who post and I've told them so. One might consider me a troll for doing this just as I might consider the opposition a troll for disagreeing with me.
If we let a few "lol's" or "Vlad is handsome" or some such nonsense get to us then what is next? Do we censor everything we disagree with? I know Sarah Palin would say yes but she does not own this site nor is she our President! (Thank God!) Now, I ask you, should I be censored for that comment? Some will say yes, some no. I agree with the ones who say no.
As long as we are not slandering private innocent individuals a few "lol's" will never get in the way of speaking my mind.
I believe that it was me who raised this issue in another thread. What I am proposing is very simple, and does not require any moderation, censorship or monitoring. The only thing that needs to be done is to require anyone who wishes to post here to create an account with a valid e-mail address. That will rid this forum once and for all of the bickering, childish and non-sensical postings of which it is plagued. One wonders why would a discussion forum about Natalie Wood's tragic death attract the lowest of the low of the Internet, but it does, it is mindboggling.

Confirmation of reply: