Did This Conversation Really Take Place Between Robert Wagner And His Attorney?

Did This Conversation Really Take Place Between Robert Wagner And His Attorney?

March 12th, 2008, 6:27 am #1

Paul Ziffren (Wagner's attorney and family friend): "Alright, R.J., tell me what the @#$%* really happened to Natalie! I want the truth, @#$%*, I loved Natalie, too (as a friend)!!!

Robert Wagner: "Oh, Paul...it was horrible! I was so drunk and sooo mad at her!"

Ziffren: "Well, go on..."

Wagner: "She had pissed me off from the start. From the restaurant, she started flirting with that sorry @#$%* Chris Walken! And she kept it up all night 'til I exploded and we had a big, big fight over it."

Ziffren: "Did you hit her or push her, or hurt her in any way?"

Wagner: "You want to cut to the chase, don't you? You don't give a @#$%* what led up to it, do you?"

Ziffren: "I just need to know how I am going to get you out of this mess. Now, what happened to cause her to go overboard?"

Wagner: "Okay, @#$%*, I pushed her! I @#$%* pushed, her, Paul! (Starts crying uncontrollably.)

Ziffren: "Well, why the @#$%* didn't somebody fish her out of the @#$%* water?" Where the Hell was that useless captain of yours? Where was Walken?

Wagner: "That useless captain, as you put it, was drunk off his ass like I was. We all were. Walken was already passed out or asleep."

Ziffren: "So, over she went, and you just stood there and watched her drown then?"

Wagner: "Well, actually, Davern (the captain) was also there watching her in the water, and he wanted to pull her out, but I guess I talked him out of it."

Ziffren: "YOU GUESS YOU TALKED HIM OUT OF IT??? WHAT KIND OF @#$%* IS THAT, YOU @#$%* IDIOT!!!"

At this point, Ziffren's phone begins ringing. It's the police. They want a second interview with Wagner. Now, Ziffren knows R.J.'s ass is in the sling. How will he get him out of it? R.J. can be heard crying loudly in the background. "Shut up!" he yells at R.J., temporarily interrupting his conversation with Detective Rasure on the phone.

Ziffren finishes his conversation with the detective and hangs up the phone. He turns to R.J. and says angrily, "Now, you murdering bastard, I've got to figure out how the @#$%&* to get you out of this mess, and I'd better do it quickly. The police aren't gonna wait!"

Hours later, he concocts a mostly ficticious press release to avert blame from his beloved friend and client.

(Story by Michael J. Eastman, author: "Hollywood Is Dying.")

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 12th, 2008, 11:21 am #2

paul ziffren was not a criminal attorney. he would not have been the person who would have gotten him out of it nor was he the attorney that wagner hired to represent him in this matter. ziffren was a close family friend who served as a spokesperson and advisor.

March 12th, 2008, 7:53 pm #3

Ziffren was a drunken idiot and a low rent attorney. All he did was take Natalie's money and give her bad advice and it has been proven. Vlad know.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 12th, 2008, 10:18 pm #4

Paul Ziffren (Wagner's attorney and family friend): "Alright, R.J., tell me what the @#$%* really happened to Natalie! I want the truth, @#$%*, I loved Natalie, too (as a friend)!!!

Robert Wagner: "Oh, Paul...it was horrible! I was so drunk and sooo mad at her!"

Ziffren: "Well, go on..."

Wagner: "She had pissed me off from the start. From the restaurant, she started flirting with that sorry @#$%* Chris Walken! And she kept it up all night 'til I exploded and we had a big, big fight over it."

Ziffren: "Did you hit her or push her, or hurt her in any way?"

Wagner: "You want to cut to the chase, don't you? You don't give a @#$%* what led up to it, do you?"

Ziffren: "I just need to know how I am going to get you out of this mess. Now, what happened to cause her to go overboard?"

Wagner: "Okay, @#$%*, I pushed her! I @#$%* pushed, her, Paul! (Starts crying uncontrollably.)

Ziffren: "Well, why the @#$%* didn't somebody fish her out of the @#$%* water?" Where the Hell was that useless captain of yours? Where was Walken?

Wagner: "That useless captain, as you put it, was drunk off his ass like I was. We all were. Walken was already passed out or asleep."

Ziffren: "So, over she went, and you just stood there and watched her drown then?"

Wagner: "Well, actually, Davern (the captain) was also there watching her in the water, and he wanted to pull her out, but I guess I talked him out of it."

Ziffren: "YOU GUESS YOU TALKED HIM OUT OF IT??? WHAT KIND OF @#$%* IS THAT, YOU @#$%* IDIOT!!!"

At this point, Ziffren's phone begins ringing. It's the police. They want a second interview with Wagner. Now, Ziffren knows R.J.'s ass is in the sling. How will he get him out of it? R.J. can be heard crying loudly in the background. "Shut up!" he yells at R.J., temporarily interrupting his conversation with Detective Rasure on the phone.

Ziffren finishes his conversation with the detective and hangs up the phone. He turns to R.J. and says angrily, "Now, you murdering bastard, I've got to figure out how the @#$%&* to get you out of this mess, and I'd better do it quickly. The police aren't gonna wait!"

Hours later, he concocts a mostly ficticious press release to avert blame from his beloved friend and client.

(Story by Michael J. Eastman, author: "Hollywood Is Dying.")
So, just as I suspected, your book will be in the fiction section.

A question with your IMAGINED scenario. You have Wagner saying, "I was so drunk....". But if he was SO drunk, how in the world was he aware of where Walken and Davern were?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 12th, 2008, 11:06 pm #5

Ziffren was a drunken idiot and a low rent attorney. All he did was take Natalie's money and give her bad advice and it has been proven. Vlad know.
as usual vlad does not know what he is talking about. paul ziffren was the person who advised natalie how to invest her money so that she did not pay so much in income tax. in the 60s she was young, single with no children. he advised her how to beat the IRS and where to put her money. on his advice she became a one woman conglomerate. she invested she bought condos, office buildings, vacation properties, nightclubs and art and bought a home..and she did this on his advice. he was named as successor to robert wagner to be the executor of her estate. Vlad know nothing, as usual.

March 13th, 2008, 8:29 am #6

So, just as I suspected, your book will be in the fiction section.

A question with your IMAGINED scenario. You have Wagner saying, "I was so drunk....". But if he was SO drunk, how in the world was he aware of where Walken and Davern were?

May I remind you, Mr. Pessimist, that it was a funny story? But, I still imagine a similar conversation took place soon after Natalie perished. It's only logical.

Nobody said this was going in my NON-FICTION book! It was a scenario, but also, I believe, a strong possibility.

March 13th, 2008, 8:30 am #7

paul ziffren was not a criminal attorney. he would not have been the person who would have gotten him out of it nor was he the attorney that wagner hired to represent him in this matter. ziffren was a close family friend who served as a spokesperson and advisor.
Maryanne, thank you for your intelligent answer. Wish I'd hear more from you from time-to-time, instead of that thorn in my side all the time!

Do you happen to have his other attorney's information? Thanks.

March 13th, 2008, 8:36 am #8

May I remind you, Mr. Pessimist, that it was a funny story? But, I still imagine a similar conversation took place soon after Natalie perished. It's only logical.

Nobody said this was going in my NON-FICTION book! It was a scenario, but also, I believe, a strong possibility.
Dumb question, by the way. Where else would they be, in New York? Of course they were on the boat, and if he didn't see them, then they must have been in their quarters.

Rumor is, he did see Davern up close. Davern tried to fish Natalie out of the water, but R.J. forbade him.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 13th, 2008, 11:07 am #9

Maryanne, thank you for your intelligent answer. Wish I'd hear more from you from time-to-time, instead of that thorn in my side all the time!

Do you happen to have his other attorney's information? Thanks.
no michael, that was all done behind the cameras.

March 13th, 2008, 2:45 pm #10

as usual vlad does not know what he is talking about. paul ziffren was the person who advised natalie how to invest her money so that she did not pay so much in income tax. in the 60s she was young, single with no children. he advised her how to beat the IRS and where to put her money. on his advice she became a one woman conglomerate. she invested she bought condos, office buildings, vacation properties, nightclubs and art and bought a home..and she did this on his advice. he was named as successor to robert wagner to be the executor of her estate. Vlad know nothing, as usual.
Nonsense, Ziffren did nothing your information is incorrect and full of embellishment. RJ was the one who made decisions on what to invest in and it made him and Natalie millions, like H2H and Charlies Angels, Rona II. FYI Natalie was broke in the 60's she had alot of debt and spent alot, BCTA made her a few milloin but not right away and she spent it all by the time her and RJ got back together. Her real fortune was born when her and RJ re-married. VLAD KNOW.

Confirmation of reply: