cremation

cremation

new york fan
new york fan

June 10th, 2012, 3:56 am #1

holy god in heaven! if there is a god in heaven!

where in my posts did i say anything about dignity or no dignity? you read my posts and assumed that was the thrust, the implication of my posts. i never said anything about cremation not being dignified. you are so absolutely wrong! dignity or lack of dignity in cremating someone was not the thrust of my post! i never posted any assertion of an absolute, unbreakable, unimpeachable, principle, when it comes to death and what should be done with the remains of a loved one. how can there ever be any hard and fast rules when it comes to death and dying, and what to do with a loved one's remains? all one has to do is think of the titanic, or an earthquake, or a tsunami. for crying out loud, you sure did read alot that isn't there into my post!

my post was adressed to paula, paula the following days after anissa's death. paula hit hard in the belly, hit hard in the soul. paula shattered, broken to pieces, unable to breath. how do you cremate your eighteen year old daughter, who you had no idea would die so soon or so unexpectedly or so tragically? how do you simply say to yourself, "well that's what anissa said, if she dies she wants to be cremated, so i'll cremate her, right now."

my sentiments are not about any unbreakable, absolutist, belief as to what to do with a loved one's remains. my sentiments are about anissa's case, and paula's case, during the day's after anissa's death. if anissa had been my daughter--- in my shattered heart, my shattered soul, my shattered life, in my gasping for air, in my tormented heart, i could not have cremated her! not in those days or weeks, or maybe even months. maybe after, maybe after. maybe a year after, when the grief was over, i would have her body taken out of a private mausoleum, where there would have been no public access, and honored her so called "final" wish.

but i'm not so sure i could. in my opinion, anissa's final wish was to have butch koven give her another seconal, that was the final wish. it killed anissa, anissa was wrong about that wish.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 10th, 2012, 9:07 am #2

A dead body is nothing more than an empty shell that is going to rot away as it should. It is not supposed to be a way for the living to try and cling to what they think is left.
Clinging to an empty shell of a person is really rather selfish

diane
diane

June 10th, 2012, 3:09 pm #3

I did not think that at 18 years of age Anissa thought about what to do with her body after her death. With the death of her father and I don't know how many other people had died within her life time who were close to her, maybe she did think about what to do with her remains.

Because she was a celebrity, she is entitled to a star on the walk of fame. There is also something known as a cenotaph, which is worth looking into for Anissa. I personally think this is a waste of space since no one is occupying the spot. a cenotaph is a marker for a person whose final resting place is somewhere else. I am more for the star on the walk of fame or some other monument that could represent Anissa. Finally, there is Find a Grave where there is a memorial set up for her. Anyone can become a member and leave a flower or some symbol, along with a message for her, especially on birthdays and death anniversaries.

new york fan
new york fan

June 11th, 2012, 2:27 am #4

A dead body is nothing more than an empty shell that is going to rot away as it should. It is not supposed to be a way for the living to try and cling to what they think is left.
Clinging to an empty shell of a person is really rather selfish
with all due respect, it must be wonderful to be so strong, so logical, so thoroughly materialist reductionist, so resigned to philosophical apathy, so resigned to meaninglessness and insignificance, so philosophically stoic.

what's a dead body anyway? nothing but a collection of molecules and atoms. what's the voice of your beloved but sound waves transmitted through waves and received by the physical eardrum? what's a photograph of your child or wife, but a piece of colored paper, that is ultimately nothing but molecules and atoms. what's romantic love but a trick nature plays on us to get us to do some fu**ing and procreate the next ultimately meaningless and ultimately unneccesary generation.

next time you hear a stirring, inspired song that sends a thrill through your spine, and gives you goosebumps, and sends you into a reverie, remember the words of marcus aurelius; music is nothing but notes stringed together, reduce the melody to sequential sounds and you have nothing at all. next time you have a delicious meal on a sunny, sunday afternoon, with delicious wine, remember the words of marcus aurelius; this is nothing but dead fish and dead, rotting grapes; think that and you will be cured of your empty pretentions that anything in the world has meaning, significance, pleasure, or pain.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 11th, 2012, 4:25 am #5

A *DEAD* body is nothing but an empty shell.

Mr. Hardcastle
Mr. Hardcastle

June 11th, 2012, 3:58 pm #6

An empty shell can be reloaded, preferably with escargot made by Giles...yum!!!

Confirmation of reply: