Christina Applegate

Christina Applegate

Dan
Dan

October 21st, 2004, 12:29 pm #1

Anyone know anything about Christina's dance interpretation of River's death?

ICU
ICU

October 21st, 2004, 1:53 pm #2

All I know is that it is said that Christina Applegate witnessed the Phoenix overdose and the seizures thereof, and created an interpretive dance of it. An anti-drug dance of some sort.

Heather
Heather

October 22nd, 2004, 4:19 pm #3

Tough I have always liked Christina Applegate, I thought that this "convulsion/interpretive dance" bit was a tad weird. Am I alone here?

ICU
ICU

October 22nd, 2004, 6:20 pm #4

Yeah, but hey ..... it's "ART" doncha know ? These days, I could belch in a brown paper bag, and it would be considered "ART" .... whatever that means anymore.

I don't have any video of her dance, but there is a cool "still" photo of it on websites like Findadeath, at the River Phoenix link. But listen, no sh*tting here, it's a pretty graphic website. So if you don't like gruesome photos (most contain warning links) or a dry, satire sense of humor ....then just don't go there. The coffin photo of River is a cakewalk in comparison to some other images on his website.

I am dead serious .

Heather
Heather

October 24th, 2004, 3:57 pm #5

ICQ,

No doubt. I've been to Findadeath. I got googled to it regarding River, but it's escaping me what I was researching in the first place. That website was a little too much for me. Not the gruesome (and I do mean gruesome) content...that I can handle. Disrespect, that's something else. Some of the info conveyed on those cameoed on the site was very indepth and interesting, but some of the photos shared are just in poor taste.

Thanks again!

Heather

ally
ally

October 24th, 2004, 9:30 pm #6

yer the death was a bit melodramatic...i mean...it had where he lived on it and shit....thats just really slack to put on a website....how the hell did they get i? is thequestion i wanna know.....keep well guys, nice talking to u like always....lol, cough cough heather lol!

October 25th, 2004, 12:26 am #7

Hey Ally,

Yeah, we mourn the death of a celebrity. But oh, my gaaaawsh! "Death hags" as they facilitate themselves actually go to the homes of the deceased, their graves, their last breath, just ......ew. No. I'm not gonna go there for sport or entertainment. I've done my own share of geneology, but going to celebrities last home, apartment, with camera in hand? That's just so, so ....Dam! That's just not nice!

I did however, go to Robert Willies grave a spell ago. (My own half hearted, gotta try to find some forgivness in my soul) He was the one who was portrayed in the movie Dead Man Walking, the one who got executed. The one who killed my friend Faith. I expected some kind of momument for this criminal - all in the name of what's Holy, Forgiveness, an Oscar, ban the Death Penalty, and anything else the movie tried in vain to portray. What I saw was an abandon grave in the middle of a cemetery that NO ONE tends to, let alone wants to be buried near. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Hollywood got out of him what they wanted, kinda like River. And when they're done - the famous are spit out, and I mean quick. Pity.

Heather
Heather

October 25th, 2004, 1:39 am #8

ICQ,

I'm now convinced that you and I would undoubtedly become quite good friends if we met in "real life". We're very like-minded, you and I: passionately opinionated and hungry for what....knowledge? Stimulation? The bigger truth? Alright, whatever it is, we hunger. Is that fair?

Your posts are ever well spoken (OK, well typed) and insightful. I'm on quite a few message boards and there are very few "posters" who intrigue me. The best feature of your responses is that while I don't necessarily agree with your all them, I find that you can so eloquently let your fellow readers know what moved you to your voice your opinion in the first place, that I always think your posts are very valid. Allow me to illusrtate: while some may post "That sucks", your style has more of a "That sucks....but here's why" flair to it. Perhaps it's the "I wanted to be a teacher and never pursued it" in me, but I want to see the writer's work, not just her answer. Does that make sense? I'm tired. I'm rambling. Forgive me...

OK, I'm done with the gushy, flattery portion of the show. I'm off to find Shaggmeister or Jiggy-whatever his name is's last post and be my smug and defensive non-meat eating tree hugger self. Have a nice day!

-H

ally
ally

October 25th, 2004, 8:56 am #9

yer well ICU and Heather , you guys are very well spoken, and im glad we have the same views, and we are kind of alike!

October 29th, 2004, 4:02 pm #10

ICQ,

No doubt. I've been to Findadeath. I got googled to it regarding River, but it's escaping me what I was researching in the first place. That website was a little too much for me. Not the gruesome (and I do mean gruesome) content...that I can handle. Disrespect, that's something else. Some of the info conveyed on those cameoed on the site was very indepth and interesting, but some of the photos shared are just in poor taste.

Thanks again!

Heather
Hey again Heather!

My apologies to you, as well as Ally in another post, that I didn't reply sooner. I've gotten very little sleep in the past few days, and should be resting now (which I am - you guys are great!) In a nutshell? We had a quadruple homicide a few nights ago in the lower 9th ward. That's right, I said quadruple. The 9th ward is a city housing project infested with poverty, drugs, and crime. Yeah - it got to me. Over this and onward ...

I got googled to Findadeath when I was researching Karen Silkwood. His website is one of the very few that give some very accurate details and questions concerning her death, but not mumble jumbled goverment policies and procedures that the everyday "Joe Bagodonuts" can get lost in. The movie "Silkwood" was made about her. While not completely accurate (are movies EVER???) the website gave good details - better than that of the movie.

Confirmation of reply: