Catch me up here...

Catch me up here...

Mary Gersten
Mary Gersten

December 29th, 2005, 8:24 pm #1

I was a fan of FA, and being a retro queen, Ilike to hear about the old shows. I find my self intrigued by Anissa's story, maybe because of the E! story. What are the issues you have with it? Was it their portrayal of her as a druggy, lost soul, or making her mother the demon? I was only a kid when she died, but I see something now in her eyes that are haunting. So fill me in, and please, no unkind words.

Just Some Guy
Just Some Guy

December 30th, 2005, 9:59 pm #2

Wish the ones that knew her better were the ones that could answer you but the board is recovering from some bad juju.

The E! story (good choice of words,) was a one sided bash by the grandmother (fathers mother.) And it was the half truths and omissions that made it so unpopular here.

I’ll run through some of the high points that my mom and I are aware of (I cut out a bunch):

Her mom was accused of making her audition for everything but low and behold we find out here that she tried out for the Exorcist because it was a condition of her un-employment benefits! And E! left that tid out! And we find out through Don Kirshner’s people that Anissa was offered a voice roles in both Josie and the Pussycats and The Archies, Saturday morning cartoons, but did not take them!

If you follow the posts here you’ll find that Anissa just felt she knew better than her mom about disciplining her and her brother and manipulated the system to get her way and stifle her mother! Looks to me like her mom was exactly right and the only one in her life trying to teach her responsibility and self-discipline! But E! went with the talkers and Paula (her mom) was not one of those, granny and the others were. How well can you count on granny’s words? Well granny sued Paula for custody of Anissa after her son (Anissa’s dad,) died. She clamed that Paula was an unfit mother. When the judge got the case he said he noticed that there was a brother (Paul) and that granny didn’t want custody of him, and isn’t it so that an un-fit mother shouldn’t have custody of Paul as well, either you are an unfit mother or you aren’t! So he saw through granny’s ploy and chastised her and dismissed her case! But you won’t find that on E! it would make their source look uncool!

To use other people’s words, she wasn’t a garbage diving junkie but she did have a drug problem that got much worse that summer, (her first on her own.)

And about her death: Anissa was looking to find some quaaludes something that drug users at that time used to come down off of a Coke high. She knew somebody (Dr. Moshos,) but he didn’t have any quaaludes left and he prescribed seconal instead, because he wanted her green! (Because it was all he had in stock in his dispensary, he didn’t dig on pharmacists asking questions, so he only used his own dispensary!) I don’t want to make this a guide for drug use but quaaludes give off a euphoric dreamlike effect, seconal just bombs you. The doc didn’t tell her this or warn her at all about mixing the drug. If you try to get that same euphoric feeling with seconal that you get with quaaludes, you'll kill yourself chasing it, real docs know this and discuss it with patients, this doc's discussion went something like 'will that be cash check or charge?' When she was ready for a downer she used the last of her quaaludes AND some seconal believing she could go all dreamy and nodsville. But that didn’t happen and she hit the seconal again and then complained to other party goers (note that I do not dig giving them the title friends) that advised her to take the powder out of their timed-released capsules to get the max effect. And she hit 2 or 3 tabs again, powder only mixed in some boonsfarm apple wine. For her frame (4’ 11”) it was the end. And she died in bed. Notice E! NEVER mentioned that at all, or even mentioned Dr. Moshos!

You can bury people much easier with half-truths and omissions! And E! did that. If you are interested, look through the old posts here they are eye openers!

By the way I didn’t do any of this research; it was A Friend (who does not want any recognition,) and bko (who does.)

I think the uncoolness here is over! (I hope!)

Mary gersten
Mary gersten

December 30th, 2005, 11:49 pm #3

So, if I believed the rag news, Mrs. Jones was a witch who drove her children away. It's very sad that she lost both children. Even an experienced drug user (no judgement here) couldn't predict what kind of reaction they'll have from one time to the next. It's Russian Roulette, and I'm sure they'd be kidding themselves if they thought other wise. Oh, to be used by so many people. Who do you trust?
I had a severe allergic reaction to an anti desspressant recently, and I've been on them for over a decade.
Apparently many of you knew Anissa personally. It's always sad to think of what could have been when someone dies so young.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 31st, 2005, 1:06 am #4

She was no witch at all and most here consider here absolutely correct, she lost her children only AFTER they became adults and her control over them was exhausted (and that might be the exact word to use, exhausted!) She did not need to be easier or more lenient or for that matter more fixated on Anissa and Paul; she just NEEDED SOME SUPPORT!

For all their battles she was very very close to Anissa, and Paul was always her best guy!

She also had another daughter, Anissa’s half sister, who she has managed to keep from the dangers of the L.A. drug culture.

Sadly, most of those that knew Anissa are gone. We hope they will return!

Hey JSG, how old are you?

JSG
JSG

December 31st, 2005, 11:09 pm #5

No longer a minor but I don't post personal info over the net Amigo!

Ang
Ang

January 6th, 2006, 1:12 am #6

Hey JSG you are our ears and eyes, how is the other site doing, are the classmates posting? Anything you can report on would be appreciated! Please wish them the best from the fans here. This board is pretty dead now but at least the agitators are gone!

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 6th, 2006, 11:46 am #7

the 'agitators' were real fans who were under attack behind the scenes for being real fans. simple as that.

Ang
Ang

January 6th, 2006, 9:10 pm #8

Looks like MA is back...

JSG
JSG

January 6th, 2006, 10:40 pm #9

the 'agitators' were real fans who were under attack behind the scenes for being real fans. simple as that.
Are you JSG?

I believe I am JSG! (Just Some Guy)

Always have been!

The question was for me!

When I need your help, I'll ask for it!

If you want to start a war, do it own your own thread OK!

And try to muster the 'nads to at least hang a handle on yourself!

'War monger' isn't taken.

Been peaceful here, we don't need a revisionist historian or the trouble flaring up again!

Consider that french for p*** off

JSG
JSG

January 6th, 2006, 11:10 pm #10

Hey JSG you are our ears and eyes, how is the other site doing, are the classmates posting? Anything you can report on would be appreciated! Please wish them the best from the fans here. This board is pretty dead now but at least the agitators are gone!
OK, let’s see, the other board is slo’ probably because of the bomb, but Agnes Flores has got some members to agree to a Saturday posting session and Bobby has agreed to show, so it will probably go all right.

Jeff is still gonesville and Bobby and his wife are going to try and schedule a visit to see if they can help with his dad.

It has turned into as much of a school and Playa Del Rey board as an Anissa and Paul board. (Posting off topic is allowed.)

Someone sent a bunch of info on both Libby Vega and Ann Gale Derbing and Larochelle is supposed to set up another public web site for John Allen. It looks like that will have a good ending, but not sure AGD is able to connect.

Some site authors from the adult industry have responded and there is some serious doubt about the validity of any Helen Hennessey adult movie link as well as the Enquirer quote from her in ‘76.

I guess you can say the mood is nice and light.

I conferred your wishes dudette!

Confirmation of reply: