Blanks are one of the oldest special effects? Something smells funny!

Blanks are one of the oldest special effects? Something smells funny!

Kristina
Kristina

November 16th, 2005, 6:09 pm #1

How is it that blanks being one of the oldest special effects in film have come to blame for this tragedy! Something smells funny to me. Seriously, Ok so they had sloppy workers, so it has been said, however did they really have to point the damn gun at Brandon. Camera angles people camera angles! I don't believe they should have actually pointed it at the actor to begin with, I mean seriously it was done what in 1993? Blanks are one of the oldest special effects to my knowledge. I was shocked that it happened. They can claim accident all they want.... I disagree. The gun should have never been pointed directly at the actor to begin with. May god be with he and his family. To all the other idiots in the film industry use your head next time!

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 16th, 2005, 8:31 pm #2

Sounds like you are hinting at some kind of Hollywood conspiracy or something. The main drive of a conspiracy is always motivation. Why owul Hollywood want to off one it hot young actors? Your theory doesn't make ssense.

I think it was just carelessness brought about by an overworked crew. Mistakes were made and unfortunately soemone paid with his life.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 18th, 2005, 5:55 pm #3

I find it weird that the prop guy had to resort to making their own dummy bullets when they can be purchased from most gun shops.

Gary
Gary

November 18th, 2005, 7:03 pm #4

Well, as you can read in this story, they were doing an evening/night shoot. They didn't have any more "real" blanks on hand, so rather than shutting down the production for the night (very expensive to do so), the director decided to have the prop guy "rig" some real bullets as blanks. Fatal mistake.

Justice
Justice

December 15th, 2005, 11:52 am #5

How is it that blanks being one of the oldest special effects in film have come to blame for this tragedy! Something smells funny to me. Seriously, Ok so they had sloppy workers, so it has been said, however did they really have to point the damn gun at Brandon. Camera angles people camera angles! I don't believe they should have actually pointed it at the actor to begin with, I mean seriously it was done what in 1993? Blanks are one of the oldest special effects to my knowledge. I was shocked that it happened. They can claim accident all they want.... I disagree. The gun should have never been pointed directly at the actor to begin with. May god be with he and his family. To all the other idiots in the film industry use your head next time!
It is 100% obvious that Brandon Lee was cruelly murdered by racists who did not want Brandon Lee to become a successful movie star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS A MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 1000% sure of it.

I do know how those racists are so cunning . They always want to use excuses

and opportunities to justify their stupid racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the murder of Princess Diana and Martin Luther King!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas
Dallas

March 3rd, 2006, 1:23 am #6

It is a BS accident that never should of happened. But i believe, it WAS an accident. In any case, it is nice to see that after 13 years, people are still remembering this man. I loved his fathers movies and i love his. I only wish they both could have done more. Even worked together. Imagine the possibilities?

I miss them both!

Dallas

christina
christina

January 9th, 2007, 12:50 pm #7

It is 100% obvious that Brandon Lee was cruelly murdered by racists who did not want Brandon Lee to become a successful movie star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS A MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 1000% sure of it.

I do know how those racists are so cunning . They always want to use excuses

and opportunities to justify their stupid racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the murder of Princess Diana and Martin Luther King!!!!!!!!!!

i totally agree it was murder, it's wasnt' by racists though. i believe it was from the same people that killed his father. chinese mafia i think. both murders will never be solved

Gil
Gil

January 9th, 2007, 2:39 pm #8

Yeah, the Chinese mafia broke into the set of The Crow, drugged the prop masters and then loaded real bullets in the gun. Sound plausible to me.

Robert
Robert

July 8th, 2007, 10:36 am #9

I just want to know why the Photo they show after he was shot, Why is there Blood covering his face if he was shot in the stomach? Just A Question

July 27th, 2007, 4:33 am #10

Don't know if this is the case in this particular instance, but oftentimes when a person is struck by a bullet in the abdomen, internal bleeding will leak into the stomach, esophagus or even lungs or trachea which will cause the blood to eventually exit through the mouth.

Confirmation of reply: