Best prison movies

Best prison movies

Dave
Dave

November 19th, 2007, 8:38 pm #1

The Deer Hunter is not remotely a prison movie. Bad choice.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 20th, 2007, 12:37 am #2

That might be a good point were it not for the fact that an integral part of the movie is spent in a prison.

Nelson
Nelson

November 27th, 2007, 11:55 pm #3

And a quite harrowing prison I might add. Speaking of course of the POW encampment in Southeast Asia.

December 1st, 2007, 3:08 am #4

Shawshank..no contest

January 24th, 2008, 5:25 am #5

I find it hard to believe that American Me and Bound bye Honor werent included in this list.

Those two movies alone probably have more prison screen time in them than half of this list combined.

sonne
sonne

July 9th, 2008, 1:50 am #6

not sure if anyone has mentioned Escape From New York yet. What's it doing out the list whilst although the very funny Chicken Run is in it?

i can understand Escape From LA not making the list as it was a very pale imitation that played more like a Bruce Willis/Indiana Jones movie with unconvincing acting and set.

but EFNY has all those right ingredients that makes it iconic cinema. It's compulsive, dark and disturbing, the criminals are more than convincing enough for a fast paced action flick, and the location setting and effect are unbelievably realistic.

the music filmscore/sound effects is what finally adds to all the tension. has to be one of the best film soundtracks to a movie i've ever heard.

You should add it in the list, and pretty high up. One of my personal top movies of all time, probably my second favourite to The Shawshank Redemption which i found no surprise to top the list here and just about everywhere else

July 13th, 2009, 9:59 pm #7

I find it hard to believe that American Me and Bound bye Honor werent included in this list.

Those two movies alone probably have more prison screen time in them than half of this list combined.
american me is a great movie... and totally deserves to be on this list.

Confirmation of reply: