bad actor admit it

bad actor admit it

March 18th, 2007, 9:29 pm #1

Samantha Mathis, Sandra Bullock and River Pheonix......... Was it Memphis Belle? Can't remember but I tuned in for 30 mins. Watching this bad movie about a bunch of country singer wanna bees.
I always thought that River was a great actor but when I saw his scenes with mathis I could see two things he was High and Acting on drugs not talent.
So i have come to the conclusion that River wasn't a "great actor" he could have been but he really wasn't, he really wasn't that great at all just a unique name with a unique look.
His sister Rain is also a very bad actor. The only person who is critically aclaimed and has the talent is Joaquin. He's bigger and better then River's memory and his talent should not be shadowed by Rivers fans wanting the memory lit over the family while wax drips all over them.
Can't admit I 'm right? Watch that movie. Thats why I'm here actually; i saw the date of the movie and thought River was too dead to play in it so i decided to check the dates of his death.
What part was he suppose to play in Interview with a Vampire? Probably the interviewer right. Small part for the "star" everyone knew was on drugS lots and lots and lots of DRUGS !

see ya

March 18th, 2007, 11:26 pm #2

Well, first of all its not about dont have the guts to admit that he was a bad actor because he wasnt, lol. I dont know if youre mad at him or something or you just want to get some attention but try to get your facts right. River Phoenix was a method actor, a person whos just was born as an actor and their family was blessed with talent. If he was alive today he would be one of the biggest, if not the biggest.
I havent seen his last movies where he was on drugs but I saw some dark blood footage and I kinda found Rivers acting quite intresting because he acted so odd and so off that it looked spooky in someway lol. But that just shows you how good he was, he really could act good with drugs in him.

March 20th, 2007, 12:40 am #3

I saw all River's movies and Thing Called Love was a very good movie..even if he was on drugs he still did a good job. Actually that is one of my favorites but to each his own. You are entitled to your opinion..even if it isn't the opinion of the majority. River wasn't exactly straight when he did Idaho with all the booze & drugs being passed around and that movie was good. Joaquin has had 1 major hit movie of his own that he was actually the main focus (walk the line)..although he has been in several and yes he is a very good actor but he has a ways to go to hit the "celebrity" staus that River had. Once again..yes Joaquin is a very good actor but face it he will ALWAYS live in River's shadow. See gang all it takes is 1 person to wake this board back up

March 20th, 2007, 12:52 am #4

Samantha Mathis, Sandra Bullock and River Pheonix......... Was it Memphis Belle? Can't remember but I tuned in for 30 mins. Watching this bad movie about a bunch of country singer wanna bees.
I always thought that River was a great actor but when I saw his scenes with mathis I could see two things he was High and Acting on drugs not talent.
So i have come to the conclusion that River wasn't a "great actor" he could have been but he really wasn't, he really wasn't that great at all just a unique name with a unique look.
His sister Rain is also a very bad actor. The only person who is critically aclaimed and has the talent is Joaquin. He's bigger and better then River's memory and his talent should not be shadowed by Rivers fans wanting the memory lit over the family while wax drips all over them.
Can't admit I 'm right? Watch that movie. Thats why I'm here actually; i saw the date of the movie and thought River was too dead to play in it so i decided to check the dates of his death.
What part was he suppose to play in Interview with a Vampire? Probably the interviewer right. Small part for the "star" everyone knew was on drugS lots and lots and lots of DRUGS !

see ya
Maybe River was more of a muscian? Maybe he wasnt supposed to be an actor? Have it ever been discuessed here? They said he was the best of his generation, and that alot.

March 20th, 2007, 6:07 pm #5

boy.....

hi val! nice to see ya :D

right down to buisness....

ive only seen marlon brando in 'don juan demarco' gee, he was crap...bad actor admit it?

I dont think an actor should condemed to the 'bad' pile based on one peformance..especially when that particular performance is widely concidered his worst ond most incoherant one. not to metion the fact the particular actor dies just a few months after completion. I liked 'the thing called love' i liked rivers performance but cannot say i didnt notice that he most probably was under the influence in quite a few scenes, i also dont think he was in the right frame of mind or the right place in his life to be working at all at that point.

from the way you talk about the movie, and the fact you turned off 30 minutes in, kinda says to me it wasnt really going to be your cup of tea anyway, regardless of the 'bad' performance by river phoenix.

i suggest you rent 'my own private idaho' and then come back here with the 'joaquin is the only on in the family with talent' thing.

i also think its fair to say your opinion means diddily concidering river phoenix was ranked the 69th greatest actor of all time in a poll voted for by the acting/directing community.

ah, ignorance is a great thing.

March 20th, 2007, 6:46 pm #6

"The only person who is critically aclaimed is Joaquin"

oh, i also suggest you read some movie reviews too....that statement is completely and absolutly wrong.

sadly....i cant disagee about Rain....sure is a good thing she was truly blessed in the musical department!

gabe- i dont think river was 'ment' to be either in particular. i just think he was 'ment' to entertain...anything creative...he was a poet too.. just so happened he worked most of them so they fitted to music. have you heard 'note to a friend'? clearly a poem first.

March 20th, 2007, 9:56 pm #7

Hey Rikki..hows it going? My eyes are always watching the board but i only pop in when i feel there is something worth discussing... I must agree Rain is gifted when it comes to music..i love the Papercranes and hope to see them live when they come to the Philly area again (if i can get off work)..also i do think that River was multi-talented and gifted in so many ways and those of us who know better see beyond River's talent to the more important things he stood for. "Look beyond the desert and you will see the ocean" in other words if you really took the time to "see" River you would of realized he was an incredible person full of life,energy and respect for everything before he became the "barren' and "lifeless" person he was near the end.

March 23rd, 2007, 8:43 pm #8

see ya
RIVER WAS TO A GREAT ACTOR. MORE THAN GREAT HE WAS THE BEST!!!!!!!!! HE HAS TOUCHED OUR HEARTS. HE HAD A DEASISE. HE WAS ADDICTED TO DRUGS. HOW CAN YOU THINK HE'S A BAD ACTOR?!

YOU STINK,
CHEYENNE
&
CATHY
WILLIS

March 24th, 2007, 5:41 pm #9

see ya
How can you say he is a bad actor?!He even got an Oscar nomination for Running on empty!!!

March 30th, 2007, 2:34 pm #10

RIVER WAS TO A GREAT ACTOR. MORE THAN GREAT HE WAS THE BEST!!!!!!!!! HE HAS TOUCHED OUR HEARTS. HE HAD A DEASISE. HE WAS ADDICTED TO DRUGS. HOW CAN YOU THINK HE'S A BAD ACTOR?!

YOU STINK,
CHEYENNE
&
CATHY
WILLIS
Now girls, you must be girls, in love with a dead romeo. Its called constructive enlightenment, my opinion has sparked some flavour into this room. Yawn! Read your fellow mates sweethearts they have taken what i have said with dignity as i have received their comments as well.
I thought this might have some kids here that think River is "cute" before they consider is lifes work.
girls, darlings you made my day lol
To all who have asked me to read "critiques" NEVER thats someone getting paid to tell me what to like and dislike. Do that on my own.

stilll giggling

kisses

Confirmation of reply: