Anissa's Friends

Anissa's Friends

Theresa
Theresa

April 1st, 2006, 10:40 am #1

On the Arborwood Forum there seemed to be a theme that Anissa had "good friends" and "bad friends". The "good friends" weren't into trouble, and obviously the "bad friends" were.
Anissa would keep relationships with both at a distance, but seemed to maintain them exclusively of each other and at the same time.
~Not my opinion, but something spoken of by Brian Keith O'Hara on Arborwood~

The two girls who were on the ETHS (Lisa and Tristan) were portrayed as "good friends" who had abandoned Anissa when her drug use got bad.
~Again, something BKO had said on the old board~

What I'm wondering now, is how much of this is true/false? What were her friendships like, and did she have this dual existence?

Where did Belinda and Carla fit in?
How about her father's girlfriend's daughters?

I'm sure Anissa had to deal with her share of "users" given her position, but did she have any TRUE friends, and who were they?

Did Anissa date at all? Did she have any relationships prior to Alan?
It was also my understanding (BKO info) that she had taken a trip to Hawaii with a boy's family (from high school). She liked this boy very much. What happened?

I apologize for so many questions, but this story begs many.

If anyone does have any answers, I'd also appreciate a time-frame so that's it's relevant to the stage in Anissa's life. Thank You.

Wm Beal
Wm Beal

April 2nd, 2006, 12:11 am #2

I am typing this in for my wife who wanted to respond (she is recovering from a stroke and needs my assistance.) This is only her opinion and she wasn’t in with the stoner crowd, but went to school with many of them. So this really isn’t an answer just my wife’s impressions!

To a small degree Lisa V and Tristan D’ were associating less with Anissa in her senior year, more because Anissa tastes in boys and friends were changing. (She went through stages like most people breathed air!) Lisa was roughly the same age, Tristan was much younger. Anissa went from being a school addict to someone that desperately wanted to ditch school, probably an indication of deeper involvement with drugs but it mirrored Paul’s feelings at the time.

Anissa was a hot and cold personality and would either obsess on a person or group and then find it just as easy to avoid them. She was ALWAYS interested in boys!!! She wanted a relationship long before the other girls were interested, but if you flat out asked her she could just as easily answer that boy’s weren’t all that great! I know that sounds strange, but it was the way she was. There were times when she questioned her sexuality, as did I and many of the girls that considered ourselves liberated back then.

The only trip I (my wife) recall(s) to Hawaii was to visit Brian Keith (he had the habit of purchasing homes in Hawaii after he was stationed at Kaneohe Marine Air Station in Oahu, during and just after the WW2, if you remember The Brian Keith Show it was filmed in Hawaii.) And the rumor at school was that Brian Keith quite stubbornly would NOT allow any boys around Anissa and that she ate up the attention he gave her and had just the most wonderful time with him. I was under the impression that Mr. Keith had paid for the vacation!

She had lots of trouble with her relationships, probably because of her size and facial features (she was very childlike,) and she was also very very clingy! She was also looking for a life partner and that’s very difficult to find in pre-pubescent and pubescent boys and the times she grew up in - the theme was more love the one your with and free love, so that didn’t help much either! She got hurt a lot, camp was a disaster for her, not hard to understand since she was a child actress and many just wanted to be associated with her fame or wealth!

When she came over to Orville Wright from her studio school (1971-72 ish,) she had a couple crushes one on the Livingston brother who was older than her and one on that boy that played in the Kung Fu TV show. You’ll probably notice that she liked less than masculine types and in her later years preferred thin longhaired pretty boys, but she made a fool of herself over the dangerous ones a lot.

Like me she had quite a few boyfriends for a week or less, again it was the times! Some lasted longer but very few got to meet her mom, in her last year Anissa worked very hard to keep her home life and friendships very separate! Although she liked talking to her mom about her boyfriends, (but that may have been an effort to keep up with Paul in her mom’s eyes.)

For the life of me I can’t understand why I have such a hard time remembering the boys names in high school! I see the pictures and I should be able to remember them, but I can’t put names to faces! We refer to the yearbook, but they mostly look different in their photos there! Must be the effects of the stroke, it’s very frustrating!

Finally Anissa was very shy and often hid behind friends and her fame gave her an excuse to hold some at a distance. But she was a real mush puppy when you got to know her, way too generous and bordered on compulsive, so she had a lot of red-hot relationships that somehow went ice cold. She may have been justified in the way she did things, because kids are so cruel in school and ours were especially so!

She had many a battle with her Dad’s girl friend and the relationships were very volatile, but I am sure Anissa created friendships where she needed allies. But her focus was to pull her father away from that relationship, so I’m sure there was both closeness and animosity from time to time on all sides there! She didn’t like going home at that point, so things couldn’t have gone the way she wanted them too!

Lisa was her true friend! Anissa’s crowd were not her friends at all and I think she knew that! I’m sorry if BKOH disagrees, but she was in with some leaches that she felt comfortable getting high with at best! And many of us feel that the Enquirer article about her last day was made up by the writer and there is a real author in the other forum that agrees!

She had a new group over at Del Rey Continuation; they were good at parting and turning her on or helping her find somebody. But they had no problem taking a quick snapshot of her when she was wasted!

Anissa had more than a duel existence really. There was Paul and her - and his friends and her - and her friends and her - and finally her party crowd and her - and she kept almost all of it from her mom! I read the comment that Anissa’s friends were basically Paul’s friends and although that was true in early years, it was the opposite by high school! Paul was off a lot with girls or running home for his mom’s cooking; truth!

I was at the Lagoon Park once in ’75 and Anissa had her hair in braids and I started talking to her before I even realized who she was (she did NOT like a boy I dated once that was a football player!) We were sitting on the hot cars so the conversation was a good distraction and I can tell you she was ages more mature than I was and I was considered mature for my age! (I really felt she needed to find a guy in his 30’s!) We discussed everything from the homes we wanted to build, to the people at school, to women’s lib’, to the LAPD! It was an amazing conversation! She really was a genius! I was totally impressed with her!

When the guys came back from looking at cars, my guy asked me if I wanted to go to get something to eat, (which meant going to his parent’s house before they got home and raid the fridge and make out, (No honey, you were the first, honestly!))

Her guy got a little aluminum foil packet out from under his belt and Anissa just went into auto drive and stuffed it down the front of her pants and I just looked at her with my jaw open! There was just no way I could reconcile the brilliant articulate girl with this unbelievable mind and detailed future just that easily ready to risk it all by carrying drugs for a toad! When we were driving I was so mad that I cried!

That was Anissa Jones.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 2nd, 2006, 2:25 am #3

She dated a guy named Ronald for about three weeks in 1973, (he’s one of the guys in the photo on the internet.)

Later she had a big thing for Dave Becker, but I think it was a one-time thing.

I've always said, God must have wanted more 'sunshine spots' (freckles) around!

Last edited by Guest on August 7th, 2007, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theresa
Theresa

April 2nd, 2006, 6:36 am #4

Thank you both for your responses. The questions you were unable to respond to...Is that because you don't know, or are there people who don't want to be mentioned? Just curious.

As far as her trip to Hawaii with a boyfriend...Does anyone recognize the name Joey Petifils? That was the boy and I've seen a pic of them together. I believe the year was 1975. I've also seen letters home to her Mom from this supposed trip where Joey is mentioned. Apparently he was also the only "boyfriend" mentioned in her will.

Also, Ms. Beal, you mentioned a "Livingston brother". That wouldn't be the Livingstons who were on "My Three Sons"?

And, you say Tristan was a bit younger than Anissa? How much younger?
It was my understanding that Belinda (her best friend according to BKOH) was 4 years younger than Anissa.
Maybe it's just me, but when I was 18 I didn't have a whole lot in common with 14 year olds.

Thanks again for your responses. Any info is greatly appreciated since there is so much confusion on my part. All info has been via BKOH and I'm just finding that some of it is just not true.
The biggest example being that Anissa had a place in San Diego and did not drive from PDR directly to Helen's house the night she passed.
Second example being that there is a second daughter of Paula's and most likely Paula is not currently the helpless hermit she's been portrayed to be.

Ms. Beal, you mentioned that it wasn't uncommon for Anissa and other girls in the 70's to experiment with lesbianism. At least, that's the way I took your statement. Although I have no doubt that it's true, I found it funny, because at that age I had no idea what homosexuality was. haha
Yeah, maybe we did have folks with alternative lifestyles in high school, but they sure kept it quiet. Or maybe I was just sheltered.

BTW, I'm not much younger than Anissa (born in 1961 and graduated in 1979), so I do understand the 70's culture a bit although I didn't grow up in CA.

Thanks again in advance for your responses.

Theresa
Theresa

April 2nd, 2006, 6:37 am #5

She dated a guy named Ronald for about three weeks in 1973, (he’s one of the guys in the photo on the internet.)

Thank you both for your responses. The questions you were unable to respond to...Is that because you don't know, or are there people who don't want to be mentioned? Just curious.

As far as her trip to Hawaii with a boyfriend...Does anyone recognize the name Joey Petifils? That was the boy and I've seen a pic of them together. I believe the year was 1975. I've also seen letters home to her Mom from this supposed trip where Joey is mentioned. Apparently he was also the only "boyfriend" mentioned in her will.

Also, Ms. Beal, you mentioned a "Livingston brother". That wouldn't be the Livingstons who were on "My Three Sons"?

And, you say Tristan was a bit younger than Anissa? How much younger?
It was my understanding that Belinda (her best friend according to BKOH) was 4 years younger than Anissa.
Maybe it's just me, but when I was 18 I didn't have a whole lot in common with 14 year olds.

Thanks again for your responses. Any info is greatly appreciated since there is so much confusion on my part. All info has been via BKOH and I'm just finding that some of it is just not true.
The biggest example being that Anissa had a place in San Diego and did not drive from PDR directly to Helen's house the night she passed.
Second example being that there is a second daughter of Paula's and most likely Paula is not currently the helpless hermit she's been portrayed to be.

Ms. Beal, you mentioned that it wasn't uncommon for Anissa and other girls in the 70's to experiment with lesbianism. At least, that's the way I took your statement. Although I have no doubt that it's true, I found it funny, because at that age I had no idea what homosexuality was. haha
Yeah, maybe we did have folks with alternative lifestyles in high school, but they sure kept it quiet. Or maybe I was just sheltered.

BTW, I'm not much younger than Anissa (born in 1961 and graduated in 1979), so I do understand the 70's culture a bit although I didn't grow up in CA.

Thanks again in advance for your responses.

Theresa
Theresa

April 2nd, 2006, 6:39 am #6

Bobby B
Bobby B

April 3rd, 2006, 5:33 pm #7

Hey, I know you! It must be 31 years or so since we last talked! And there is a name out of the past, I remember Dave Becker, he was younger than me but ALL of the girls were ga-ga over him! Usually the brainy girls kept their distance, didn’t know that Anissa was susceptible, but she was a human being after all. At the Y' dances when he showed we used to say KOD, which meant Kiss Of Death for the rest of us!

Do you remember me? (Robert Bond) your mom and my mom used to go to the House of Pancakes and we had to explain the Westchester Witch to them!

Hey if you feel like it, we have a private group of classmates (and some Anissa fans,) contact Larochelle via e-mail: swtechaz@yahoo.com and he’ll provide you with the secure link (don’t post it anywhere or give it to anyone though, oh and use the same computer that you posted your last message with (the IP Addresses have to match up...)

Really nice hearing from you, (someone was asking about you, the last re-union I think!) (Beth Beal’s last name was Howland at Westchester.)

Oh and to Theresa, when someone questions their sexuality it does not mean they become a lesbian or homosexual. Out of respect we are desperately trying to avoid any posts about our classmates and friends sexual experiences or fantasies, and would prefer to leave them out of bounds, specially here! Your assistance would be more than greatly appreciated!!!

Anissa hung out with younger friends a lot; she had a very child like appearance (which she did not like at all,) and was very short. Yes the Livingston brother referred to was the younger one, who was an actor on My Three Sons (Barry if I remember right,) but he was older than Anissa by a few years if I remember correctly, (he was also of slight stature.)

Tristan D’ was 2 years younger that Anissa, no one can come up with any info on a friend named Belinda however Anissa had a group of friends that she smoked dope with that she isolated from the Westchester group, also she had a whole new crowd when she attended Del Rey Continuation. Helen was also alleged to be 4 years younger than Anissa, could be, but since she was incarcerated and would do ANYTHING to keep from going back through the system, providing drugs and drinking with 14 year olds would seem to be a little on the stupid side for someone with Anissa’s smarts! But I could be wrong!

Someone in the group saw her get busted at a head shop on La Tijera, she had shoplifted from the Liquor store (I think that was Danny’s,) and instead of taking off she just hung around with the goods at the head shop and LAPD just came in and got her! Wasn’t hard to find a short teenager that looked like Buffy from Family Affair! Of course Dana Plato pulled the same stunt really! I have to assume drugs provided that effect on both Anissa’s and Dana’s common sense, so it’s possible, but I wouldn’t buy a car from anyone touting the 14 year olds stories. (During my freshman year my Mom was at Zody's Dept. Store on Slauson right after they had taken Anissa away for shoplifting there, she got away with that one as I recall, or the charge was handled at a later time...)

My friend Jeff had tons of disinformation about Anissa, all supposedly sworn true stories and he spent years finding out that most of them were bovine scatology at best. In respect to Brian Keith O’Hara, he would have few resources to check out the story and someone appears to be misposting in his name.

Oh, and I was corrected by my old girlfriend at the time, I thought we were at Huntington Beach when I saw Anissa and her new hair, but apparently that was the trip down to Mission Beach in SD, hard to admit I am getting old. (We did go to Huntington Beach in August, my GF smushed an ice cream cone on my nose for looking at another girl, but I guess that wasn’t the same trip where we saw Anissa. She does have a much better memory than I do!)

As for Joey Petifils, do you mean Patrick (or his brother Sam?) You appear to have info we are not aware of, (there was no will at the time of her death when I was at USC, I have heard others refer to one though, so if legit’ it must have surfaced sometime later, much later.) The ’74 - ’75 school year was when she was just out of the correctional system and returning to Westchester. Patrick was 2 years behind Anissa and I (she usually had younger boyfriends, Butch Koven was a year behind us.) Sam was a Senior when we were incoming Freshman. Patrick and Sam are both married now and have 5 kids between them and if I recall correctly, one of them is a daughter named Michelle, who was active in Track and Field recently.

I thought Beth Beal, Ron and I did answer your questions, with the info we have, am I wrong?

Thank you
Last edited by Guest on August 7th, 2007, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby B
Bobby B

April 3rd, 2006, 5:36 pm #8

Oh, also Patrick and Sam spell their names Petitfils not Petifils, so it could be someone entirely different. Maybe from her studio school or someone else? You be the judge and please keep us informed.

Thanks again!

Theresa
Theresa

April 3rd, 2006, 6:31 pm #9

Hey, I know you! It must be 31 years or so since we last talked! And there is a name out of the past, I remember Dave Becker, he was younger than me but ALL of the girls were ga-ga over him! Usually the brainy girls kept their distance, didn’t know that Anissa was susceptible, but she was a human being after all. At the Y' dances when he showed we used to say KOD, which meant Kiss Of Death for the rest of us!

Do you remember me? (Robert Bond) your mom and my mom used to go to the House of Pancakes and we had to explain the Westchester Witch to them!

Hey if you feel like it, we have a private group of classmates (and some Anissa fans,) contact Larochelle via e-mail: swtechaz@yahoo.com and he’ll provide you with the secure link (don’t post it anywhere or give it to anyone though, oh and use the same computer that you posted your last message with (the IP Addresses have to match up...)

Really nice hearing from you, (someone was asking about you, the last re-union I think!) (Beth Beal’s last name was Howland at Westchester.)

Oh and to Theresa, when someone questions their sexuality it does not mean they become a lesbian or homosexual. Out of respect we are desperately trying to avoid any posts about our classmates and friends sexual experiences or fantasies, and would prefer to leave them out of bounds, specially here! Your assistance would be more than greatly appreciated!!!

Anissa hung out with younger friends a lot; she had a very child like appearance (which she did not like at all,) and was very short. Yes the Livingston brother referred to was the younger one, who was an actor on My Three Sons (Barry if I remember right,) but he was older than Anissa by a few years if I remember correctly, (he was also of slight stature.)

Tristan D’ was 2 years younger that Anissa, no one can come up with any info on a friend named Belinda however Anissa had a group of friends that she smoked dope with that she isolated from the Westchester group, also she had a whole new crowd when she attended Del Rey Continuation. Helen was also alleged to be 4 years younger than Anissa, could be, but since she was incarcerated and would do ANYTHING to keep from going back through the system, providing drugs and drinking with 14 year olds would seem to be a little on the stupid side for someone with Anissa’s smarts! But I could be wrong!

Someone in the group saw her get busted at a head shop on La Tijera, she had shoplifted from the Liquor store (I think that was Danny’s,) and instead of taking off she just hung around with the goods at the head shop and LAPD just came in and got her! Wasn’t hard to find a short teenager that looked like Buffy from Family Affair! Of course Dana Plato pulled the same stunt really! I have to assume drugs provided that effect on both Anissa’s and Dana’s common sense, so it’s possible, but I wouldn’t buy a car from anyone touting the 14 year olds stories. (During my freshman year my Mom was at Zody's Dept. Store on Slauson right after they had taken Anissa away for shoplifting there, she got away with that one as I recall, or the charge was handled at a later time...)

My friend Jeff had tons of disinformation about Anissa, all supposedly sworn true stories and he spent years finding out that most of them were bovine scatology at best. In respect to Brian Keith O’Hara, he would have few resources to check out the story and someone appears to be misposting in his name.

Oh, and I was corrected by my old girlfriend at the time, I thought we were at Huntington Beach when I saw Anissa and her new hair, but apparently that was the trip down to Mission Beach in SD, hard to admit I am getting old. (We did go to Huntington Beach in August, my GF smushed an ice cream cone on my nose for looking at another girl, but I guess that wasn’t the same trip where we saw Anissa. She does have a much better memory than I do!)

As for Joey Petifils, do you mean Patrick (or his brother Sam?) You appear to have info we are not aware of, (there was no will at the time of her death when I was at USC, I have heard others refer to one though, so if legit’ it must have surfaced sometime later, much later.) The ’74 - ’75 school year was when she was just out of the correctional system and returning to Westchester. Patrick was 2 years behind Anissa and I (she usually had younger boyfriends, Butch Koven was a year behind us.) Sam was a Senior when we were incoming Freshman. Patrick and Sam are both married now and have 5 kids between them and if I recall correctly, one of them is a daughter named Michelle, who was active in Track and Field recently.

I thought Beth Beal, Ron and I did answer your questions, with the info we have, am I wrong?

Thank you
<<<Oh and to Theresa, when someone questions their sexuality it does not mean they become a lesbian or homosexual.>>>

I don't believe that's what I said or even intimated.

<<<Out of respect we are desperately trying to avoid any posts about our classmates and friends sexual experiences or fantasies, and would prefer to leave them out of bounds, specially here! Your assistance would be more than greatly appreciated!!!>>>

Sure, no problem. That was going to be the last I mentioned of it anyway since Ms. Beal was the one who brought it up. I had never heard anything regarding Anissa's sexuality and couldn't care less.
Note: Ms. Beal's not being scolded here, not sure why I am.

<<<Tristan D’ was 2 years younger that Anissa, no one can come up with any info on a friend named Belinda however Anissa had a group of friends that she smoked dope with that she isolated from the Westchester group, also she had a whole new crowd when she attended Del Rey Continuation.>>>

The info on Belinda came from BKO.

<<<As for Joey Petifils, do you mean Patrick (or his brother Sam?)>>>

No, I mean Joe. He does exist in classmates.com and also can be googled. He sent a lovely email about his vacation with Anissa, and I have no doubt he was in fact truthful and it was in fact Joey P. (I have my reasons).
Also, my apologies for misspelling his last name. Nothing but an innocent mistake. I could've checked the spelling before posting but I didn't. Don't read anything into that, unless of course you want to.

<<<(there was no will at the time of her death when I was at USC, I have heard others refer to one though, so if legit’ it must have surfaced sometime later, much later.)>>>

Again, info from BKO.

<<<I thought Beth Beal, Ron&nbsp;and I did answer your questions, with the info we have, am I wrong?>>>

For the most part yes. I guess I was refering to Belinda, Carla, and Anissa's father's girlfriend's family. The subject of Belinda however was addressed by you in your email.

<<<Thank you.>>>

No, Thank you. But, from your tone, I've obviously hit some kind of nerve.
My problem is that (as I said) 95% of my info has come from the filter of BKO. That should not be held against me. As a matter of fact, it would be so much easier for me to just accept what I've heard as gospel and move on. I haven't. That's why I'm here and why'd I'd love to read the "classmates site", although I know that is impossible.

Maybe I'll consider going back to lurking. I certainly don't want to upset anyone, and that is the last thing I would want to do.

Last edited by Guest on August 7th, 2007, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby B
Bobby B

April 4th, 2006, 7:34 am #10

My apologies if I sounded like I was scolding you, or if my tone seemed negative! That was not what I intended at all!!!

Probably the lack of sleep that comes with a new Baby! (The days and nights seem to meld into one long never-ending blur!)

I have no quarrel with Brian Keith O’Hara at all (in fact quite the opposite,) or any of the Arborwood info, we have been burned many many times by bad info so we are a skeptical crew. (And so much of it just doesn’t sound right or is directly contradicted by pay stubs etc.)

I should have but did not check with classmates or Google; I was going on my one yearbook and my memory, which at 48 is degrading way too fast!

I know Sam he is a Minister in Manhattan Beach, but was unaware of the connection with Anissa. (Not sure how I’d bring it up, ‘Hey big guy did your brother or cousin ever date that dead actress Anissa Jones?’ see what I mean.) Jeff was fearless in that way and made quite a few enemies (and need a lot of back up from time to time too, thank you Coaches Young and Greve!) But he has dropped the cause.

If there is anything you would like to read from the site please contact Larochelle (at swtechaz@yahoo.com ) he will bend over backwards to help you find what you are looking for (by researching, cutting and pasting via e-mail.) But it looks like you have even more info than we do in some areas!

There is a good faith effort by some classmates to keep fans here up to date, (we definitely know what we have is NOT gospel,) although that has stirred up some hot coals from time to time! (Larochelle and I are working on the other members to unlock the sight, but it has been a loosing cause so far.)

I think Beth included her comment more for her own therapy than as information about Mary Anissa. I don’t think people that come here realize for us this is a trauma very close to us and in many cases we are working through almost 30 years of grief and jaw dropping disbelief. What seems like a perfect place for therapy really is not safe at all. It was I’m sure liberating for Mrs. Beal to be able to post that, but we have warned her that this is not a safe venue in which to do it! (Also the controversy pops up in the other forum, so she is actually addressing both places at once.)

You struck no nerve and your information has been GREATLY appreciated! In one week we have had more info on Anissa’s close relationships than in almost 30 years. Now if only someone had some of her poetry or class notes to share!

Confirmation of reply: