Anissa and "The Shack"

Anissa and "The Shack"

anonymous
anonymous

August 22nd, 2007, 3:10 am #1

How often did she and Paul go there? How has PDR significantly changed since 1976? What are the major differences between then and now?

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 22nd, 2007, 3:52 am #2

I remember one of her friends telling the tale that she used to call Paul at the end of a night of cruising and ask him if he wanted a Shack Burger or one a similar from the Captain's. (He also had a fondness for the yellow corn bunned burgers from a burger joint over on Sepulveda if I recall correctly.)

Anissa would then get him a full meal, while getting small burgers and waters for herself and the poster. (Because it was said she was at times painfully frugal.) Some her speculated it was Lisa Valdez that posted that. Whoever it was knew about her glasses and driving pillows. So could be only one of a very few!

Captain's is gone, not sure of the other changes. Businesses come and go. The private forum had a scan of a postcard of the Shack and the turn over looking the beach in the 60's and a fairly recent photo. Since going to broadband I ‘m not able to connect there though. Maybe you can google the postcard and a recent shot like it.

You could try asking Bobby in Larochelle’s forum.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 22nd, 2007, 1:49 pm #3

Just that quick, Neil emailed me last night and said he had the postcard of the 'turn' from the late 60's showing the Shack.

If you email Larochelle at moderntechnician@yahoo.com he will send it to you. (When I learned they would send what they had by email I have been requesting pictures all morning, and still going! They are amazing!)

Confirmation of reply: