An actual question pertaining to...wait for it...Anissa Jones

An actual question pertaining to...wait for it...Anissa Jones

Chase
Chase

July 17th, 2012, 1:02 am #1

I'm so terribly bored by the attacks on Bill, who's no longer friends with whom on Facebook, the trolls, etc.

So. Who here has seen Anissa's appearance on Rowan and Martin's Laugh In? I was a huge fan of the show as a kid but clips and episodes seem to be scarce, so I haven't had any luck finding Anissa's appearance.

Can someone describe?

Real Canupp
Real Canupp

July 17th, 2012, 9:12 am #2

I put up a link selling dvd-r copies of old shows, including a dvd-r with the Anissa Jones appearance, but the private forum wowsers complained about copyright infringement and the post with the link was deleted. i'll try digging it up again but it's been awhile, and it's public domain so don't let the AZ circle jerks spoil your fun. spoil theirs instead..

Chase
Chase

July 17th, 2012, 7:36 pm #3

I cannot adequately stress how indifferent I am to the AZ crew, the PDR crew, or anyone else who feels entitled enough to question why Anissa's death is of interest to the public. Let them shake their fists. It rolls right off me.

So yes, please, and thank you! If you're able to dig up the link/any pertinent info on her Laugh In appearance, I'd be most grateful!

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 17th, 2012, 8:14 pm #4

I'm so terribly bored by the attacks on Bill, who's no longer friends with whom on Facebook, the trolls, etc.

So. Who here has seen Anissa's appearance on Rowan and Martin's Laugh In? I was a huge fan of the show as a kid but clips and episodes seem to be scarce, so I haven't had any luck finding Anissa's appearance.

Can someone describe?
Rumor has it Bill has been replaced by a Creative Writing professor in Maryland.

Chase
Chase

July 18th, 2012, 12:12 am #5

And to think, this thread almost went 24 hours without some tedious jab at Bill. I can't wait until you realize how void of humor your Bill obsession is.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 18th, 2012, 12:15 am #6

It is not a jab at Bill. It was his decision. He brought it on himself. What can you do, but move on.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 18th, 2012, 5:09 am #7

I think the remark about Bill being replaced by a Maryland Creative Professor is supposed to go along with the July 16th 8:02PM message, that mentions "Bill is no longer friends with who, the trolls, etc..." To claify this so called jab at Bill, anyone on Facebook has the right to unfriend anyone they want. Those who are "unfriended" have a right to replace that person who has "unfriended" them. This is not a jab at Bill or any kind of nasty remark. This is a fact of life. We really don't know why he did it. He seemed angry in his posts leading up to the "unfriending."

Ironically, this was a topic on an episode of Family Affair. Uncle Bill brought home a friend of his who had served time in prison for robbery. He may have only done this once, and he was punished for it. When the twins found out he was in prison for robbery, they wanted to continue to punish him. It was Uncle Bill who told the twins that his friend had made a mistake and he was punished for it. The punishment was over and now he wants to live an honest life. This lecture took place when Jody broke a lamp in his room. Uncle Bill was going to punish Jody forever.

I think Bill Ratekin, like many people, unfortunately, was acting just like the twins. This is not a jab at Bill. This is human nature. In life we have those people who do things wrong, are punished,and learn a valuable lesson and never become repeat offenders. In life, we also have people who committ crimes, are punished for it, and then go back out in the world and continue to committ the same crimes. It gets so that you wonder, how can you really tell the two apart? I hope she never has another experience like she had last month. I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that she really has learned her lesson. It has been a month and so far so good. Just like the friend in the Family Affair episode, she will have learn that being "unfriended " by Bill R is just part of the price that you pay for making the wrong choice, even once. I would like to think she is handling this well. Let us all support her strive to make the right choices on this site. How about it?

Chase
Chase

July 18th, 2012, 6:00 am #8

I appreciate your sentiment, and I genuinely love drawing a parallel to a Modern Family episode. Well done.

But perhaps I wasn't clear in the tone of my original post. I don't *care* if people are upset at Bill, or Diane, or if Diane posted X,Y, and Z anonymously, or Diane is apologetic, or if Bill has a right to be upset, etc. With all due respect, I have no interest in these people so far as the drama between them. My interest is solely in the very title of this message board.

So please pardon me if I sound like a curmudgeon (as I imagine I'm likely the youngest poster here), but I skim over these off-topic debates if I even browse them at all. I'm mostly here to ransack the archives, proof that far more interesting discussions once took place here.

Chase
Chase

July 18th, 2012, 6:01 am #9

"Modern Family episode." Good God. I hope you all know I meant Family Affair. My apologies, it's been a long day.

new york fan
new york fan

July 19th, 2012, 4:08 am #10

I think the remark about Bill being replaced by a Maryland Creative Professor is supposed to go along with the July 16th 8:02PM message, that mentions "Bill is no longer friends with who, the trolls, etc..." To claify this so called jab at Bill, anyone on Facebook has the right to unfriend anyone they want. Those who are "unfriended" have a right to replace that person who has "unfriended" them. This is not a jab at Bill or any kind of nasty remark. This is a fact of life. We really don't know why he did it. He seemed angry in his posts leading up to the "unfriending."

Ironically, this was a topic on an episode of Family Affair. Uncle Bill brought home a friend of his who had served time in prison for robbery. He may have only done this once, and he was punished for it. When the twins found out he was in prison for robbery, they wanted to continue to punish him. It was Uncle Bill who told the twins that his friend had made a mistake and he was punished for it. The punishment was over and now he wants to live an honest life. This lecture took place when Jody broke a lamp in his room. Uncle Bill was going to punish Jody forever.

I think Bill Ratekin, like many people, unfortunately, was acting just like the twins. This is not a jab at Bill. This is human nature. In life we have those people who do things wrong, are punished,and learn a valuable lesson and never become repeat offenders. In life, we also have people who committ crimes, are punished for it, and then go back out in the world and continue to committ the same crimes. It gets so that you wonder, how can you really tell the two apart? I hope she never has another experience like she had last month. I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that she really has learned her lesson. It has been a month and so far so good. Just like the friend in the Family Affair episode, she will have learn that being "unfriended " by Bill R is just part of the price that you pay for making the wrong choice, even once. I would like to think she is handling this well. Let us all support her strive to make the right choices on this site. How about it?
so i'm guessing diane had a falling out with bill ratekin and bill unfriended her.

at first diane struck me as very sincere, but now she's proven herself to be mischievous and naughty. diane, you naughty girl you!

but anyone should be able to say anything they want to say for or against anissa, as long as they say it within the limits of decency and back it up with specifics. i don't want censorship. but whatever you're gona say have the courage of your conviction and don't post as ANONYMOUS, that's just cowardly. i've always posted under "new york fan", it helps me keep within bounds, posting anonymously is worse than posting drunk, anonymity makes anyone post anything. it's like that legend about the invisible ring, if you were offered a ring that you could put on and make you invisible and be able to get away with anything, would you do it? would you put that ring on?

Confirmation of reply: