A note about Melody

A note about Melody

Dan H
Dan H

September 19th, 2007, 11:33 pm #1

A few days ago one poster on the other forum requested Melody's photos from Larochelle at the other forum. Jerome replied that he would honor that request via e-mail. As of this A.M. they have filled more than 500 requests for the photos, and I was told they were still getting requests today!

(I got mine yesterday, lovely sad young lady.)

If you want the pics email JSL at:

moderntechnician@yahoo.com

God Bless, Melody...

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 20th, 2007, 6:59 am #2

Wow that is a lot of requests! Great!

I am very happy to see her become a star in her own right, and I hope that the haters and trolls leave her be!

I hope someone posts that story about her geting her face painted again too.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 20th, 2007, 9:56 am #3

it's already been posted.. just find it and reprint it. It is sad to look at her photos and know that not that many more months after they were taken she was dead. I'd bet if her spirit is out there she'd be happy to be remembered fondly.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 20th, 2007, 2:39 pm #4

Have seen that photo, these are that one plus 2 more though, from the same time period. Nice to see that the Anissa Fans have accepted her and giving her a place in their hearts.

The Beals
The Beals

September 20th, 2007, 3:43 pm #5

Wow that is a lot of requests! Great!

I am very happy to see her become a star in her own right, and I hope that the haters and trolls leave her be!

I hope someone posts that story about her geting her face painted again too.
Reposted with permission:

"And while Melody is still fresh in our minds... Melody was a recognizable fixture in L.A. She was famous for panhandling at the Airport, on Wilshire, Olympic, Santa Monica, even Beverly. There was a McDonalds on Sepulveda where most people could find her because it was near the cemetery and the drainage basin that she would sleep. If you lived in L.A. in 1974-early ’78 and you remember the girl that panhandled with the half painted face (long brown hair, bell bottomed levis); that was Melody! Even more recognizable in that she didn’t have any money for the hippies at MacArthur, Centinela and at UCLA that did face painting for tips so she felt bad and always got half of her face done and paid with a kiss.

Even though I didn’t know her back then I remembered the half-painted girl asking for change during the Dodger games then hitchhiking her way over to Alverado for MacArthur Park, or Sunset for the Hollywood nights.

My wife says she was sweet quiet and kind and LAPD and the security boys would let her be when they chased off the other hippies and bums that panhandled in the best spots. So she did pretty well in the Hills and even in West Hollywood. She was infamous for asking the girls if she could hose off, clothes and all with their garden hoses because much of the time it was the only way she had to get clean and to clean her clothes unless she made it to the beach.

In ’76 my wife got mad at her for getting into a Mercedes driven by a woman over at the dog track and she was sure Melody would be found in a ditch back then. But she didn’t and Beth wouldn’t talk to her after that, something that she always will regret! (Melody just disappeared after a while and we had no clue she was murdered until discovering it late last year on the internet.) Her old friends believed she was Paul Jones’ girlfriend for a while both before and after Anissa’s death. Beth still remembers her birthday, November 1st.

Wm B'"

Sad
Sad

September 20th, 2007, 10:42 pm #6

Have seen that photo, these are that one plus 2 more though, from the same time period. Nice to see that the Anissa Fans have accepted her and giving her a place in their hearts.
Melody was a gentle soul gone too soon. The world can't afford to lose people like her.

I am sad.
B

A Sun Devil
A Sun Devil

September 21st, 2007, 2:55 pm #7

A few days ago one poster on the other forum requested Melody's photos from Larochelle at the other forum. Jerome replied that he would honor that request via e-mail. As of this A.M. they have filled more than 500 requests for the photos, and I was told they were still getting requests today!

(I got mine yesterday, lovely sad young lady.)

If you want the pics email JSL at:

moderntechnician@yahoo.com

God Bless, Melody...
Everyone is talking about Melody, but I am new to the story. I requested two sets of pictures (one for myself, one for my mother in Florida.) Please let me know if I have this right; it seams like she was a close friend of Anissa's. She was a runaway. She was taken in by Anissa's mom and treated like her own daughter. She died of an overdose. A good number of her friends did not know she had died. Is this correct? Does anyone know who took these pictures?

The Beals
The Beals

September 22nd, 2007, 2:18 am #8

Melody was a friend of Anissa Jones. She spent some time at Paula Jones' house and they got very close. She had a terrible substance abuse problem and in the end lost her struggle, but we were told that she was murdered (source: Brian O'Hara.) None of the friends and neighbors in Beth's and my circle knew anything about it until we found out on the net recently. I assume that some must have, but we did not know.

I have been told that Paul Jones took the pictures we are all celebrating.

Carla
Carla

September 24th, 2007, 2:03 am #9

Thank you for your contributions. Have we met?

Wm. Beal
Wm. Beal

September 24th, 2007, 2:44 am #10

I don't believe so, and according to Jerome, we owe you an apology from the bitterness in the other forum!

So I Apologize! And wish I could have taken back what was said!

I am William Beal, Beth's second husband. I just forgot to put my usual signature on the other post, (I was in a rush.)

(I sincerely hope you accept our apology!)

Wm.

Confirmation of reply: