A Major Clue For Me

A Major Clue For Me

January 17th, 2010, 3:58 am #1

It was mentioned briefly in Goodbye Natalie Goodbye Splendour and it is the major clue to me that RJ had something to do with Natalie's death. It's the classic sign detectives look for, but the detective on Natalie's case neglected to see it. I saw detective Rasure on several interviews and I read that he interviewed RJ twice, both times briefly.

Doesn't anyone think it strange that RJ didn't want to try to find out what happened to Natalie? I mean, this was his wife, his true love, the mother of his children. When he saw the dinghy gone, his guess was that she took it out in the dark with no headlight? He knew the headlight was broken. Everybody on that boat knew the dinghy had no headlight, as they used a flashlight to get back to the boat from the restaurant.

Wouldn't it have been logical for RJ to suspect foul play, that maybe someone had come and stolen the dinghy, that maybe Natalie grabbed her coat and went outside if she heard something and was kidnapped? Wouldn't that have been the more logical thing to think if both Natalie and the dinghy were missing? Wouldn't any frantic husband have called for instant help? This man was married to Natalie Wood!!! People saw them at that restaruant, what if someone had followed them back, maybe one or more...

RJ asked no questions of the detectives while Natalie was missing, the morning she was found, or anytime after. It's a classic guilty-party mistake. When someone knows what happened, they ask no questions. That should've been the detective's biggest clue to probe deeper.

RJ definitely had something to do with Natalie's death.

January 17th, 2010, 1:57 pm #2

While the search was going on there were no defectives involved. They were called when Natalie was found.

I recall someone else making the same point a while ago. One of the trolls intervened with insults and it ended. I think it's a very good point. Natalie was missing from the boat at night. That was totally out of character for her. How his first thought would have been that she went tooting off in the dinghy, in the cold, in the dark ,is beyond me. Anything could have happened but nothing else crosses his mind. He knew where she was and that was the reason he waited so long to allow the CG to be contacted.

Also, he know she had been drinking. Why wasn't he more concerned about her safety if he thought she went for a ride in the dinghy? Even with that knowledge he sat and drank and waited to call the CG.

January 17th, 2010, 4:07 pm #3

Wagner didn't ask Marilyn Wayne any questions, either. You'd think he might've wanted to know times, words, anything about the "man's voice" -- anything... anything to help him understand what happened to Natalie. No. That was NOT necessary. The guilty man knew.

January 17th, 2010, 7:14 pm #4

Yes, that's odd. Why wouldn't he want to speak to her about what she heard and ask her where the response came from. Why wouldn't he complain about the fact that no one responded to her calls? What was his only response to her? He had his people send her a threatening letter so she would shut her mouth.

January 18th, 2010, 6:28 pm #5

It really does not do any good at all to keep rehashing the events of that long ago terrible night. There are no "what ifs, only what is". This is so true. It's a horrible, debilitating tragedy that no matter how you say it, you'll never change the outcome. I hadn't realized Natalie's BAC was .14, making her drunk (as the rest of them). It would have been so easy to have stumbled or slipped on that wet deck in just socks & being drunk as well. It was a devastating accident & for me, there's nothing else to discuss here. This board isn't really a discussion board at all. It is a I hate RJ board & want him arrested. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is going to change the aftermath of that night. For me, I am finished here. I sincerely wish you all peace with this & I hope you can find it.

"God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference."

January 18th, 2010, 6:49 pm #6

Rock on sunnfllowersandy.

January 18th, 2010, 7:25 pm #7

Thank you Prince! This board needs another person with good, common sense & the ability to be objective.

January 18th, 2010, 7:28 pm #8

Rock on sunnfllowersandy.
God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change the Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the difference

Yup Yup, thats the mantra that all alcohalics learn on the first day of AA.
We all knew you were a drunk all along sunnf. There was no need to actually confirm it further.

January 18th, 2010, 8:39 pm #9

Thank you Prince! This board needs another person with good, common sense & the ability to be objective.
Being objective is all there is when it comes to Natalie's death, because we will never truely know what happened that cold November night.

January 18th, 2010, 8:52 pm #10

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change the Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the difference

Yup Yup, thats the mantra that all alcohalics learn on the first day of AA.
We all knew you were a drunk all along sunnf. There was no need to actually confirm it further.
.14 alcohol level, as the coroner said, meant several glasses of wine over a few hour period. It doesn't render one dysfunctional or stupid enough to walk on a wet deck wearing socks to fix a dinghy that wasn't banging...a dinghy that could be fixed from the deck, not the swimstep IF banging.

Everybody now knows what happened that night. If you choose not to believe it, fine, but keep your "nobody will ever know" BS to yourself. I know what happened. RJ had a fight with Natalie on the back deck and she ended up dead.
Two plus two.

Confirmation of reply: