Horrible coaching, zero effort

Horrible coaching, zero effort

tombstone81
tombstone81

March 22nd, 2009, 3:39 pm #1

At least the Cougar teams of the past (pre-2002) would have put in some effort, even in a grossly mis-matched series talent-wise. I was in Vancouver for these first two games and this team is truly pathetic. It's one thing to step on the ice knowing that the outcome of the series is already foretold, but it's another thing entirely to let the better team beat you to every loose puck. When you are not playing for a victory you should be playing for pride and this bunch won't even do that. Hurry up and move already so you can embarrass another city with a decade's worth of suckers.

The Pucks
The Pucks

March 22nd, 2009, 5:43 pm #2

It was an embarrasing effort. A thread about it on the WHL board, a Chilliwack fan commented on how they would rather miss the playoffs than look that bad on the ice. I guess the bad part was not only are they severly out talanted on the ice, they were outworked substancially and showed little to no interest in the game.

We shall see when they get home, can they get motivated by the embarrasment or is there a serious lack of charcter in the dressing room?

bowzone.ca
bowzone.ca

March 22nd, 2009, 5:58 pm #3

Why the hell would you wait untill the 8-0 goal to even pull Armstrong ...
Why was Army the #1 tendie all year ... yes he has flashes of brilliance that quickly fizzled but the sun shines on every dogs ass once in a while. I'll tell you why .. because of Fat Dallas making a big deal to aquire him from the Memorial cup champions and he had that exp. Uhh No he didnt .. he only action he got all tournament was operating the gate ...
Caligiri was a starter in Brandon ... he played very little this year because all the eggs were in Armstrongs glove ... and suffered because of it.

I feel that because of the imcompitance of managment .. and coaching staff to a point (their hands are tied because they do what they are told to by management) these 2 kids got totally Effed in A this year without the courtisey of a reacharound.

These 2 kids are great guys .. and I feel for them after studying this year If I were a parent I sure wouldnt want my kid anywhere near the Cougar organization as it stands right now

BMAC
BMAC

March 23rd, 2009, 12:13 am #4

It was an embarrasing effort. A thread about it on the WHL board, a Chilliwack fan commented on how they would rather miss the playoffs than look that bad on the ice. I guess the bad part was not only are they severly out talanted on the ice, they were outworked substancially and showed little to no interest in the game.

We shall see when they get home, can they get motivated by the embarrasment or is there a serious lack of charcter in the dressing room?
it would be any different.The Giants have owned the Cats all year and you know they are goingto turn it up a notch in the playoffs.The only thing you are going to see when the Cats get back home is more of the same-so my suggestion isstay away.Don't give Rick any more of your money this year-maybe if no one shows up he will get the point[probably not.]

NoName
NoName

March 23rd, 2009, 7:13 pm #5

Given the choice of paying to sit in the Multiplex on Tuesday, or staying at home and watching a hockey game, I think I'll take the latter.

Still, it might be kind of fun just to see if the shellacking can continue. Heck, you might be able to say you were there to bear witness to an entry in the record books...the most lopsided sweep in the history of junior hockey! Do they even keep records for that stuff?

March 23rd, 2009, 7:54 pm #6

I think the fans should send a message by not showing up. Why support the mediocre team they put on the ice every year?? If Rick and co. think that just making the playoffs is enough, they are really mistaken. What a joke this has become. I'd love to see the 800 season ticket holders and not a person more at the game.

Teacher
Teacher

March 23rd, 2009, 9:01 pm #7

take it out on the players and bail on them....I am sure that players will really want to come to P.G. ( or come back for next year )...as it is there seems to be a decent nucleus, led by Connelly with Fraser, Bidlevski, Regier, Maylan, Ciolfi, Bounassisi, McDonald, Hirshe, Salmon (g), Maylan, Forsberg, Belter etc...why not think of them before you sit at home on a Tuesday and Wednesday night to punish management!!

...this hammering was caused by poor coaching back in november and december when the veterans and 2nd year players were not taken to task for poor play and repeated mistakes. ( the 3win 18 loss streak ).
In Vancouver the coaching staff did it again, played veterans who did not want to be on the ice,
and the same ( worse ) result occurred. Isnt that what they say about alcoholics "always doing the same thing expecting different results"

Attitude reflects leadership and when the hardest workers are the
youngest players then there obviously is a lack of leadership.

I get it that you go with your strongest but if your strongest dont care then play players who do care.
As Don Cherry says " I would rather have players with 50% talent giving 100% then players with 100% talent giving 50%" Sit out the vets ( who are not that talented to begin with) and dress the youngsters they can't lose any worse and I would hazard a guess that they would have a better result at least in the effort department.

Messenger150
Messenger150

March 24th, 2009, 12:05 am #8

I am thinking of the players!!! As long as Brodsky owns this pathetic franchise, the players and everyone assocaciated with the team will continue to suffer. Our best shot is things getting so bad that the WHL steps in the way they did with Portland. Hopefully we will luck out and they will keep the team here in PG, maybe we won't be so lucky.

I wonder how many people in PG would rather see the Cougars elsewhere if it meant no more Broadsky and family??

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 24th, 2009, 12:11 am #9

I think the fans should send a message by not showing up. Why support the mediocre team they put on the ice every year?? If Rick and co. think that just making the playoffs is enough, they are really mistaken. What a joke this has become. I'd love to see the 800 season ticket holders and not a person more at the game.
Brodsky has taken this team from a quaint novelty, to absolutely rabid success (in terms of a fan base, I don't think you can find that many consecutive years as best fans in the league (as voted by an independent body) any where else), and back to less than 3000 paid/game on average in just over 10 years. So you actually think he gives a flying flip if a few more totally negative fans stay home...it would probably improve the atmosphere as there might be less catcalls to Brodsky and Co. then. Prince George REALLY likes it's hockey...almost to a fault. We will ALWAYS consistently out draw Swift Current, Moose Jaw, PA, and the likes. Brodsky will never HAVE to move, He surely wants to but...where is he going to go that he won't kill deader than a doornail quicker than you can say nepotism? I think he is stuck here as much as we are stuck with him. As completely unacceptable that is for some, it is all you're gonna get for awhile, so wander up the hill and support those Wolves a bit too...that was some good fun on the weekend. GOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!!

The Pucks
The Pucks

March 24th, 2009, 2:03 am #10

I am thinking of the players!!! As long as Brodsky owns this pathetic franchise, the players and everyone assocaciated with the team will continue to suffer. Our best shot is things getting so bad that the WHL steps in the way they did with Portland. Hopefully we will luck out and they will keep the team here in PG, maybe we won't be so lucky.

I wonder how many people in PG would rather see the Cougars elsewhere if it meant no more Broadsky and family??
how many people in Prince George care that the Cougars are here?

I dont remember the last time the team was brought up in general conversation.