The RN wrote a review of Frozen

The RN wrote a review of Frozen

November 12th, 2009, 2:53 am #1

I keep buying too many damn books on Amazon, and every once in while, I check to see what Frozen is up to. So anyways, this review caught my eye:http://www.amazon.com/review/RI93NNZA4OQRG/

Back to the shadows I go.

November 12th, 2009, 3:54 am #2

I see this review was added on Amazon 34 minutes ago. Enoonsti, you are a very fast reader. You are better and faster than Sherlock himself. Excellent.

November 12th, 2009, 4:04 am #3

that contradicts Alcor's case report.

Which is it?

November 12th, 2009, 4:07 am #4

I see this review was added on Amazon 34 minutes ago. Enoonsti, you are a very fast reader. You are better and faster than Sherlock himself. Excellent.
The database indicates 9 hours ago. Admittedly, the database may be a shill of mine.

p.s. I'm faster than Sherlock because in "The Final Problem" he died.

November 12th, 2009, 4:12 am #5

that contradicts Alcor's case report.

Which is it?
I just saw the review, and it stirred my memory.

November 12th, 2009, 4:42 am #6

I keep buying too many damn books on Amazon, and every once in while, I check to see what Frozen is up to. So anyways, this review caught my eye:http://www.amazon.com/review/RI93NNZA4OQRG/

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1R67GOY2I3APH/

Excerpt:

"The body and mind is a complicated thing that we are just beginning to understand, but we don't understand the soul's role in the body. After death a person's soul leaves the body, which is why in 100 years, no one will be able to just awaken Ted Williams. A body without a soul is like a car with a radio and a working engine but no one to drive it. In order for Cryonics to be somewhat feasible the practitioners would have to find a way to keep a person's soul matrix inside the body. They would have to put them into a frozen coma for a 100 years and hope that during that time the soul has decided to stick around so that the person could be slowly awaken. The person would have to voluntarily decide their own date of suspension and come in to be induced into a coma. Even then it is a gamble, because a person's soul matrix could burn out after say 50 years."

I always knew deep down something wasn't quite right with cryonics.

Thank you Mcpherson.

Thank you for showing me the way.

November 12th, 2009, 6:22 am #7

Now there is certainly something important for the "regulators" among us to worry themselves with. We sure can't have these "souls" wandering aimlessly about, on their own, absent direction imposed from somewhere else though possibly of equal aimlessness. That would not do, Oh No.

Shall I suggest the Pope do it? Or maybe the Southern Baptists? God would be the first choice except no one has heard from him (her?) in so, so long. Not counting, of course, those with vivid imaginings of having been so contacted. They would need the "public" health care version in the bills US Congress is considering; I wonder if they included a "mental health" provision or will we continue to see them standing with signs and cups outside the local shopping center, worrying about souls, instead of getting the treatment they need. There may even be some similarly-minded anti-cryonics advocates who could benefit from that public option.

FD

November 12th, 2009, 1:24 pm #8

From the 1992 Alcor case reporthttp://www.alcor.org/Library/html/casereport9205.html :

"The nurse, who was extremely supportive and competent, had called it close. Nick (with Jim holding his hand to the end) quit breathing and experienced cardiac arrest about half an hour after we got him into the garage."

On ABC Nightline, Carlos Mondragon admitted he was told the client had been given an injection to hasten death, and said Alcor severed all ties with the person said to have administered the injection, (I believe Alcor's Board of Directors voted on this). Ironically, that same person was the so-called "surgeon," for Ted Williams, eleven years later, and while Mondragon was still there. So much for severing ties, when it comes to severing heads.

There is also a comment the nurse made about the garage "OR" being no worse than what he had seen in Vietnam, and many pictures of the procedure in what Alcor claims is a garage. So, either the nurse is lying, now, or Alcor printed a very elaborate lie that would serve no purpose, 17 years ago. What do you think, enoonsti? My guess is, the nurse would be well-suited for work at Alcor, given his apparent propensity for remembering situations in a manner that best suits his own needs.

November 12th, 2009, 6:46 pm #9

"So much for severing ties, when it comes to severing heads" is an instant classic.

Also, thanks for the analysis. I think you bring up valid points and it certainly matters for LJ. But as for me, I currently don't have the time to look too much into this. Perhaps I'll dig later. Or, admittedly, perhaps I won't. I'm approaching cryonics from another angle, which I'll talk about later.

November 13th, 2009, 4:48 am #10

[I'm approaching cryonics from another angle, which I'll talk about later.]

Would that angle be "How to make more money in cryonics?" Looking forward to it.