The End of "Phil Ossifur" But I Doubt It

The End of "Phil Ossifur" But I Doubt It

April 5th, 2009, 4:13 am #1

Phil, whose real name starts with R and used to be on here long ago but got booted many times and we are not supposed to say his name but I don't really know why, just posted a real funny to the CryoNet queue.

He announced it himself. He is "retiring from discussion". That means we will not hear from him again. Not a bad idea at all.

I am posting the below because I think his posts are banned from CryoNet as well as from here. This was in the queue, which he could also change his mind about, but no longer.

Cheers,

FD

P.S. If he reappears someplace else, we can consider him a bald-faced liar. Yes, I think so. He promised to retire. Let's hold him to it. Let us leave him in the Catholic purgatory of his own making.

X-Message-Number: 2

Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 07:08:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Catholic cryonics

Too many problems now-- worldwide-- and increasingly personal-- the only future
I see for cryonics is Catholic cryonics, with political economy described by
Larouche ... I think that's a wrap. See you all on the
other side of hell-- 50 years from now. Philossifur is retiring from
"discussion". Discussion is... over.

April 5th, 2009, 3:07 pm #2

April 6th, 2009, 3:28 am #3

Yes, during the Dr. Lemler regime of affluence and feelgood management, RoopsP managed to get some insane babble published as an article in Alcor's "Cryonics". I read it about a year later which was the usual time lag for posting the magazine edition to the net.

This was megalevels worse than him being included in a picture that once graced Alcor's front page. He's the one next to the nice lady and kid who sometimes posts here, right?

Ever onward,

FD

April 6th, 2009, 4:53 am #4

April 6th, 2009, 8:59 pm #5

anyone know where I can get a more high definition version of that photo?

April 7th, 2009, 3:43 am #6

Well gosh darn if it isn't "Phil" under a funny name, posting something on the net again and here, yet. And right under the post where I said that he probably would and if he did he might be viewed by readers as a "liar".

His posting here doesn't appear to me to qualify as "retiring from discussion". Since the latest mantra from our Forum Owner is no personal attacks, I will refrain from calling Crack Pot*** a "liar" and will leave it to others to decide for themselves on that issue.

And readers should think: What does this say about this person's character? I wonder if he would like to reply to that. Maybe I would have something new to learn about character, integrity, honesty, and other personal ethics matters.

Hope everyone had a great day,

FD

April 7th, 2009, 3:44 am #7

anyone know where I can get a more high definition version of that photo?
After all you are an Alcor member and you have rights, right? GRIN

I bet she has it carefully filed away somewhere. That is what she is good at. Administrative, filing, etc.

It would seem a tad scary though, that on a day to day basis she has more power than the Board. They can fire her but as long as she is there ....

Master D. Bater
Master D. Bater

April 7th, 2009, 9:10 pm #8

Well gosh darn if it isn't "Phil" under a funny name, posting something on the net again and here, yet. And right under the post where I said that he probably would and if he did he might be viewed by readers as a "liar".

His posting here doesn't appear to me to qualify as "retiring from discussion". Since the latest mantra from our Forum Owner is no personal attacks, I will refrain from calling Crack Pot*** a "liar" and will leave it to others to decide for themselves on that issue.

And readers should think: What does this say about this person's character? I wonder if he would like to reply to that. Maybe I would have something new to learn about character, integrity, honesty, and other personal ethics matters.

Hope everyone had a great day,

FD
... so that latest withdrawal was for Cryonet specifically?

April 8th, 2009, 12:09 am #9

By that reasoning, you could also get away with posting to CryoNet again today - all you would have to do is claim that you really meant you were "retiring from discussion" for only 2 days.

I would not buy that claim any more than I do the "for CryoNet specifically" one.

Reason: You didn't say "I'm retiring from discussion on CryoNet". You made an unqualified statement that you were retiring from discussion.

Cheers,

FD

April 8th, 2009, 12:46 pm #10

You're pulling at straws.

Cryonet is dead in the water. And the cryonet backwater that they confined ME to is even deader. So quite clearly, retirement in that context would likely mean more than 2 days. The message was posted to Cryonet. If you've been paying attention, while you've been here preoccupied with me for some reason-- I've been generating a storm of activity on imminst.org.

Quit wishing people cheers-- remove it from your sig line. It makes you seem retarded becaues it's often not appropriate. Like this latest post. Why would I accept cheers from the likes of you?